Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What's on your mind?

Replies

• Miss_Chiev0us_Miss_Chiev0us_ Member Posts: 2,209 Member Member Posts: 2,209 Member
    The price of lumber is ridiculous! I may have to sell one of our vehicles to build a few steps 😅
  • ladyoftherocksladyoftherocks Member Posts: 64 Member Member Posts: 64 Member
    I lost a little weight, not sure how much because my scale either needs to be recalibrated or replaced. Just enough to make my pants more comfy but not go down a size. Visited my parents and they both said they noticed I lost weight, honestly it annoyed me. Like seriously it's such a small amount, if they noticed that how hard are they always scrutinizing my body? Plus I know I'm going to gain it back in .25 seconds since last week was an eating/drinking nightmare.

I'm honestly already dreading the reactions if I actually end up losing the amount of weight I want to.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 7,567 Member Member Posts: 7,567 Member
    The price of lumber is ridiculous! I may have to sell one of our vehicles to build a few steps 😅

Our contractor was telling us a sheet of plywood was going for $45 last year and is now $90. :(
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 10,046 Member Member Posts: 10,046 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Our contractor was telling us a sheet of plywood was going for $45 last year and is now $90. :(

YIKES, what happened? Did the trees get Covid, too? :lol:

Honestly, it probably is Covid related: sick workers, lack of resources, harder to ship, shipping delays, etc. It's a big laundry list of industries and consumer products that have been strongly impacted because of the pandemic and economic issues. :(
    edited May 10
  • Miss_Chiev0us_Miss_Chiev0us_ Member Posts: 2,209 Member Member Posts: 2,209 Member

There's a joke teed up here but I'm not going to touch it with a 2x4.

😂 Oak-kay
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

The prices almost tripled here 🥴
  • ladyoftherocksladyoftherocks Member Posts: 64 Member Member Posts: 64 Member
    @snowflake954

Yes, you are right. Easier said than done though. Which is why I'm in therapy lol. But we only just got to the point of talking about this stuff.
    edited May 10
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 7,567 Member Member Posts: 7,567 Member
    Why do I have to 'adult' today? Can I just sit back and watch everybody else have fun with that today?
  • _sw33tp3a_11_sw33tp3a_11 Member Posts: 4,420 Member Member Posts: 4,420 Member
    So I have an opportunity to move to the States (Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi or Tennessee) next year for work. The Wanderlust in me is saying "dooo itttt!" but I have reservations that I'd miss Australia. But it would only be for 2 years or so and would be a hell of an experience. Just something to mull over.

Do it!!!!!!! 😃
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 10,046 Member Member Posts: 10,046 Member
    So I have an opportunity to move to the States (Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi or Tennessee) next year for work. The Wanderlust in me is saying "dooo itttt!" but I have reservations that I'd miss Australia. But it would only be for 2 years or so and would be a hell of an experience. Just something to mull over.

I live in MS. There's a lot of good food here and really friendly people. Also, you can charter trips to go watch dolphins, ride an air boat for a swamp tour (or kayak/canoe it) and there's loads of stuff to do in New Orleans (about two hours from where I live).

I know it might be scary, but as a person who travels the world due to someone else's job, do it. I haven't regretted it yet. :heart:
    Why does beef jerky gotta be so chewy? It's really hard on my jaw (I have a clicking jaw on one side). Good flavor, but the chewing.. yeesh.