10 pounds in three months

happyness4me
happyness4me Posts: 58 Member
Anyone want to join me on losing pounds in the next three months? I want to get back to a comfortable maintenance weight for myself. I'm going to start tomorrow with tracking my weight, calories, and exercise. I'll post my starting weight tomorrow. My goal will be 10 pounds by August 10th.

Replies

• mm1bjp
    mm1bjp Posts: 18 Member
    Hi, I would like to join you to lose a similar amount of weight
  • happyness4me
    Typo, that should have said 10 pounds in that first sentence.

Starting weight this morning is 130.6 pounds which is actually up about 2 more pounds than I thought. That's ok, I'm starting today and this weight will move in the other direction. I plan to use the Libra app to track my daily weight. I'll probably post it here on Mondays and Fridays.
  • happyness4me
    mm1bjp wrote: »
    Hi, I would like to join you to lose a similar amount of weight

Hi, please join me!
  • ksl10
    ksl10 Posts: 14 Member
    Yes - I'm in. Starting point 175. Thanks for doing this!
  • happyness4me
    kluskey1 wrote: »
    Yes - I'm in. Starting point 175. Thanks for doing this!

Welcome!
  • natureyogalady
    natureyogalady Posts: 4 Member
    Yayyyy! I’m so glad I found this! This is EXACTLY my goal! Hello all! I’m Elaine, I’m 52, I’ve used MFP on and off over many years to lose that pesky weight that keeps creeping back. I like to have accountability buddies when I’m losing and I’m glad to help motivate anyone else. 😊
  • happyness4me
    Yayyyy! I’m so glad I found this! This is EXACTLY my goal! Hello all! I’m Elaine, I’m 52, I’ve used MFP on and off over many years to lose that pesky weight that keeps creeping back. I like to have accountability buddies when I’m losing and I’m glad to help motivate anyone else. 😊

Hi Elaine, let's do this!
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    This is exactly what I need. My diet has gone rogue. I finally started working out again on Saturday. I am very interested in intermittent fasting 16/8, whole foods (mostly), low carb, lifting and getting in plenty of cardio. My goal weight is 140lbs. My ultimate goal weight is probably 130-135lbs.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    I'll join! Still struggling to drop this covid weight gain and I'm SO with you, maintenance felt better 10 lbs ago. I'm down two this week, and want to keep it up.
  • skinniminibyjuly
    skinniminibyjuly Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! I'll join you all!
    SW: 306.1
    GW: 250 (to start)
    But in this 3 months, I'll try to lose whatever I can!!
    How shall we proceed?!
  • natureyogalady
    natureyogalady Posts: 4 Member
    How’s everyone? I forgot to mention my weight is 149 and my goal weight is 140 but I’d REALLY like to be 137. Im (only) 3 days in but feeling like I can do this for sure!
  • jrbhorse
    jrbhorse Posts: 16 Member
    edited May 2021
    ditto
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,642 Member
    edited May 2021
    I am donna from the Midwest USA. I am 61 years old, a cancer survivor, a mother of 4 and a grandmother of 6. I am Type 2 diabetic. I did well for awhile about 2 years ago but have relapsed pretty bad. I need to get it together and start making some progress. I am okay with baby steps or giant leaps forward, whatever it takes. . I just need to start going in the right direction. I have other challenges in my life as well, but I want to stop letting them define me. I weigh on the 1st and last day of every month for a full month’s progress. I also weigh on Monday’s based on the starting date listed on the challenge. Let’s do this!

Starting Weight on MFP: 253
    Current Weight: 208.8
    Goal Weight: 153.0 (or thereabouts)
    Goal for this challenge: 198.8
    Actual end of challenge weight: xxx

May 10: 208.8
    May 17:
    May 24:
    May 31:

May Loss:

June 01:
    June 07:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    June 30:

June Loss:
    Accumulated Loss so far:

July 01:
    July 07:
    July 14:
    July 21:
    July 28:
    July 31:

July Loss:
    Accumulated Loss so far:

Aug 01:
    Aug 04:
    Aug 10:

August Loss:
    Total Loss for Challenge:
  • happyness4me
    edited May 2021
    Hello! I'll join you all!
    SW: 306.1
    GW: 250 (to start)
    But in this 3 months, I'll try to lose whatever I can!!
    How shall we proceed?!

I'm thinking a Monday weigh in?
  • happyness4me
    Hi everyone! I'm so glad to find more people with similar goals, it's definitely motivating. I'm thinking we can do a Monday weigh in to track progress.
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 855 Member
    I’d like to join. I’m within 10# of goal weight so need to develop some healthier daily habits to lose and maintain my goal weight. I’ve gotten into a bad habit of stress eating (junk food) and my Diet Coke intake is replacing water. My energy level is very low consequently. I’d love to hear what positive actions you’re all taking. Share your daily wins and positive choices you’ve made each day. Let’s keep each other motivated to get healthier no matter what the scale says. Kim
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 855 Member
    Starting weight 150.2# /energy level 2/10.
    Your future self will thank you for the choices being made today!
    Repeat this throughout the day: I will fuel my body with real foods that will give me long term health and energy. I will drink more water than other beverages. (in my case diet coke).
    This morning I made myself two eggs and a banana/blueberry/flax/chia/spinach/tumeric/cranberry juice smoothie. My daily vitamins consist of D3, B complex, probiotic.
    I'm an early riser and always hungry upon arising. Hoping the protein from the eggs and nutrient dense smoothie will give me the energy I'm seeking.
    Good luck on your personal journeys!
    Kim
  • happyness4me
    Starting weight 150.2# /energy level 2/10.
    Your future self will thank you for the choices being made today!
    Repeat this throughout the day: I will fuel my body with real foods that will give me long term health and energy. I will drink more water than other beverages. (in my case diet coke).
    This morning I made myself two eggs and a banana/blueberry/flax/chia/spinach/tumeric/cranberry juice smoothie. My daily vitamins consist of D3, B complex, probiotic.
    I'm an early riser and always hungry upon arising. Hoping the protein from the eggs and nutrient dense smoothie will give me the energy I'm seeking.
    Good luck on your personal journeys!
    Kim

Hi Kim, welcome! Great choice for breakfast!
  • happyness4me
    Happy Monday! I would say my week overall was a success. I didn't get as many days of working out in as I wanted but that's ok. Last night I did eat some junky snacks after work but for the most part over the week I did keep my eating in check.

Starting weight= 130.6 lbs

Starting date= 5/10/2021

Goal weight= 120.6 lbs

Goal date= 8/10/2021

Weekly progress (Mondays)

5/17/21= 129.0
    5/24/21=
    5/31/21=

May loss=

6/7/21=
    6/14/21=
    6/21/21=
    6/28/21=

June loss=

7/5/21=
    7/12/21=
    7/19/21=
    7/26/21=

July loss=

8/2/21=
    8/9/21=
    8/10/21=

3 month loss=
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,642 Member
    I am donna from the Midwest USA. I am 61 years old, a cancer survivor, a mother of 4 and a grandmother of 6. I am Type 2 diabetic. I did well for awhile about 2 years ago but have relapsed pretty bad. I need to get it together and start making some progress. I am okay with baby steps or giant leaps forward, whatever it takes. . I just need to see start going in the right direction. I have other challenges in my life as well, but I want to stop letting them define me. I weigh on the 1st and last day of every month for a full month’s progress. I also weigh on Monday’s based on the starting date listed on the challenge. Let’s do this!

Starting Weight on MFP: 253
    Current Weight: 208.8
    Goal Weight: 153.0 (or thereabouts)
    Goal for this challenge: 198.8
    Actual end of challenge weight: xxx

May 10: 208.8
    May 17: 206.8 Nice progress so far. A celebration yesterday so I’m glad I managed to keep it somewhat under control.
    May 24:
    May 31:

May Loss:

June 01:
    June 07:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    June 30:

June Loss:
    Accumulated Loss so far:

July 01: