Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,527 Member
    Frozen chicken pad Thai (440 Cal), 30 Cal of cucumbers and 31 Cal tomatoes, 50 Cal of laughing cow, 110 Cal Wasa crackers, and a cliff brownie bar (250 Cal).

So basically substantial Cal of relative crapiness!😱

Connie for now I'm moving to your place for salad and watermelon.... unless Laurie coopts me with some sriracha mix!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,241 Member
    Tonight is going to be a salad made of romaine, cooked beets, feta cheese, cucumber, asparagus, and salmon. Topped with either ranch or a seasoned olive oil.

I need something like that after my binge yesterday.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    We went to Olive Garden for lunch so I had a home made Greek salad for my dinner with some Boars Head turkey breast to get some protein!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Tomato soup, smoked cheese quesadillas (instead of grilled cheese lol), and an apple pie for dessert!
  • PAV8888
    beet "pasta" (200g) and fettuccine (65g boiled/drained; yesterday's 74g dry yielded 188g, so about 24g dry), served with homemade turkey meatballs made by a friend (110g cooked weight on their own) and 150g Classico spicy red pepper sauce with 12g shredded asiago on top!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Mondays are chicken and jalapeno quesadillas (I have mine without the jalapenos cause I'm a wimp) and tonight is steak marinaded in olive oil infused with rosemary, mashed potatoes/cauliflower/wild rice, asparagus pan-seared.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,579 Member
    ... mashed potatoes/cauliflower/wild rice ...

It this all together? It sounds pretty wonderful! With milk/butter???

• eliezalot
    Last night was salmon and tuna onigiri (Japanese rice balls) and strawberry rhubarb crisp.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Garlic butter chicken and roasted brussel sprouts w parmesan and balsamic vinegar.
  • conniewilkins56
    BBQ chicken legs, fresh asparagus,corn on the cob,green beans and salad....snack is trisquits and vegetable cream cheese....
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Breaded cod, boiled potatoes, mushy peas.
  • eliezalot
    Ohh @conniewilkins56, that sounds amazing. All of the fresh spring and summer veggies, and bbq chicken is my favorite. When's supper??
  • conniewilkins56
    Dinner will be ready in about 20 minutes!...C’ mon over!
  • eliezalot
    Since I had to fast for my lab work today, I didn't gt to eat until after 2:30. My beloved husband picked me up, Chipotle in hand, which will be both lunch and dinner today. And just enough calories left for a small slice of pie.
    ... mashed potatoes/cauliflower/wild rice ...

It this all together? It sounds pretty wonderful! With milk/butter???

No, it works like this:
    Boyfriend always gets mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes, as he's had WLS and eats lower carb. So he had steak, mashed cauliflower with a bit of butter on top, and the pan-seared asparagus with pepper and salt.

Girlfriend has a higher calorie budget than either of us, so she gets steak, mashed potatoes with a bit of butter on top, and the asparagus.

I don't like mashed potatoes and cauliflower makes my gut angry, so I get wild rice pilaf with my steak. I make the pilaf in quantity in the rice cooker and then seal it up in two-ounce portions in the food sealer, which take about 45 seconds in the microwave to warm when wanted. I eat a lot of rice, since I don't do potatoes, and so there's white rice and jasmine rice and saffron rice and wild rice pilaf and Mexican rice all in little packets in there, two ounces for me and four ounces for Girlfriend. That also makes it very handy when I want just a little Mexican rice to go in a burrito.
  • conniewilkins56
    Alexandra you are SO organized!.....I try to pre plan, and I do a little , but if I think of something different I want, I switch everything around!
    Alexandra you are SO organized!.....I try to pre plan, and I do a little , but if I think of something different I want, I switch everything around!

I do that on occasion, but usually what happens is that I look and see what's for dinner, and yep, I haven't had that for a while and it sounds good! and so I eat it. I never say that I HAVE to eat what's on the menu, but most of the time I'd just as soon have that as anything else. That's where the five week rotation comes in. I had grilled steak tonight; I won't have that for another five weeks, so when it comes up again I'll be ready for it. A few things show up more often, but not any more often than twice in the five weeks. And about the time I'm thinking, "Boy, I'd like steak. We haven't had steak for a while..." I look at the menu and realize, hey! steak's coming up Monday night again! So when I know that I can wait for it.

Having the meal plan keeps me from realizing it's 5 pm, I have a hungry headache, and my partners are asking me what's for dinner and I have No Clue. Or from staring at a fridge full of leftovers going, "Oh, I don't want THAT... or THAT..." but not being able to think clearly enough to figure out what I do want. And if I get THAT hungry I'll overeat and eat things that will make me feel bad, and then I'll have a headache and all and be miserable all evening, so it's worth it to just make sure that meals happen on time and in order.

And it's good for my partners. They like and need a little mothering, and knowing that dinner will happen at the same time every night and that it will be good is soothing to them.

• PAV8888
    Alexandra you are SO organized!

QFT!!!!!👍😍