• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,239 Member
    My best wishes are for you Steve!
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    🙏prayers for good news Steve.
  • anawake13
    anawake13 Posts: 99 Member
    Sending up prayers for you and your wife.
  • j29t
    j29t Posts: 228 Member
    Steve, positive thoughts and prayers for your wife.
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    I'm 60 and have lost 40# of the 140# I have to lose. I am halfway through the prepping process for weight loss surgery and am now second guessing myself. Don't think I can get where I want to be without it ( I used to climb mountains and paddle rivers!) but as it gets closer, I'm a little nerved up. Anyone here have WLS? what can I expect? i know all the stuff the doctors and program tells you, I am worried about the stuff they don't tell you about. The little things which may be overlooked in the medical program. What I am doing is working though, so I'm fairly proud of that.

Steve, healing light and prayers headed your way.
  • glojlilly
    glojlilly Posts: 313 Member
    edited May 2021
    @azalea4175 I haven't but know some who've had good success if they stick with the recommended meal plans. Have you seen their successful clients post-surgery?

Under the weather. Experiencing covid-like symptoms since Sunday night. Had went into a crowded store that morning with mask. Test came back negative though. Still having fatigue, headache, and dizziness. Just had soup today, appetite is low. Wasn't trying to lose weight this way, lol. 😯
    Still waiting on updates from doctors.
    Praying for good news!
  • annk18
    annk18 Posts: 85 Member
    Altaeredsteve, I know what you are going through. Diagnosed with lung cancer 5 years ago. Given that, I was lucky with treatment and it is even better today. Hoping that it is negative, but if not, know that the medical community and all of us here are rooting for her.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Just checking in. Still no news from the doctors, but Kathy has an appointment with the oncologist next week. 🤞

Holding the line weight-wise. Minimal drinking - meal prep has been out the window, though. Getting some exercise walking the dog - better than nothing - back to the gym next week (I hope).

Glad to see y'all sticking to your programs. Thanks for the support!

Sending strength and well-wishes to both you and your wife. Each person has their own unique experience, but having been through similar situations, I have a small inkling of how anxious and hopeful and frustrating it can be to wait for the next appointment, the next test result, in the diagnostic process.

Both you and she are going through challenging times right now, so I'm glad to hear you're personally finding ways to flex your routine as needs must, but also recognizing the need for self-care for you, as the caregiver. It's complicated!

You're always such a good support and cheerleader for us over-60s here: I hope you know you have a community, me included, hoping for the most positive outcome possible. Friend-hugs!
  • richum1960
    richum1960 Posts: 43 Member
    Just checking in. Still no news from the doctors, but Kathy has an appointment with the oncologist next week. 🤞

Holding the line weight-wise. Minimal drinking - meal prep has been out the window, though. Getting some exercise walking the dog - better than nothing - back to the gym next week (I hope).

Glad to see y'all sticking to your programs. Thanks for the support!

Steve, sending prayers and positive energy your way!
  • LittleFeather2015
    LittleFeather2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, I will be 60 in two weeks so I'm jumping ahead. :) I started my weight loss journey on Feb 14th of this year and have lost 18 lbs. with 30 to go. I kicked the mtn dew habit, incorporated a lot of roasted veggies into my diet, and have started walking. This week, I seemed to have gained about 1.5 lbs. It was frustrating but I will keep moving forward. :)
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Thanks, everyone. I took a moment of gratitude this morning to reflect on my blessings. That helped a bit.
    Hello, I will be 60 in two weeks so I'm jumping ahead. :) I started my weight loss journey on Feb 14th of this year and have lost 18 lbs. with 30 to go. I kicked the mtn dew habit, incorporated a lot of roasted veggies into my diet, and have started walking. This week, I seemed to have gained about 1.5 lbs. It was frustrating but I will keep moving forward. :)

Welcome, LittleFeather. Don't be discouraged by the short-term gain. Everyone goes through those ups and downs. Stick to your plan and keep checking in here for support.

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,777 Member
    Hi littlefeather. Welcome. You have a GREAT start going. Are you tracking calories? I hate when the scale acts up~

TGIF everyone!
  • rlf27
    rlf27 Posts: 11 Member
    I am 64 soon to be 65, so far lost 40 lbs then stopped and gained 3lbs back, I need to loose another 40 so I am starting today really serious about it, your welcome to follow me.
  • glojlilly
    glojlilly Posts: 313 Member
    edited May 2021
    Wishing everyone good success on their weight loss journey! Wishing everyone, good mental and physical health. Yes, I back feeling great and I'm thankful. Good night from a Texas park sunset.btdqhaqyw3dz.jpg
  • Tuppence26
    Tuppence26 Posts: 143 Member
    Great photos people. Love them all