What's on your mind?

Replies

• ladyoftherocks
    ladyoftherocks Posts: 64 Member
    edited May 2021
    @snowflake954

Yes, you are right. Easier said than done though. Which is why I'm in therapy lol. But we only just got to the point of talking about this stuff.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Why do I have to 'adult' today? Can I just sit back and watch everybody else have fun with that today?
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    So I have an opportunity to move to the States (Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi or Tennessee) next year for work. The Wanderlust in me is saying "dooo itttt!" but I have reservations that I'd miss Australia. But it would only be for 2 years or so and would be a hell of an experience. Just something to mull over.

Do it!!!!!!! 😃
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    So I have an opportunity to move to the States (Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi or Tennessee) next year for work. The Wanderlust in me is saying "dooo itttt!" but I have reservations that I'd miss Australia. But it would only be for 2 years or so and would be a hell of an experience. Just something to mull over.

I live in MS. There's a lot of good food here and really friendly people. Also, you can charter trips to go watch dolphins, ride an air boat for a swamp tour (or kayak/canoe it) and there's loads of stuff to do in New Orleans (about two hours from where I live).

I know it might be scary, but as a person who travels the world due to someone else's job, do it. I haven't regretted it yet. :heart:
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Why does beef jerky gotta be so chewy? It's really hard on my jaw (I have a clicking jaw on one side). Good flavor, but the chewing.. yeesh.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    First off, wow you do not look like you have a a 21 yr old...and 2nd...I can relate, my 23 yr old says I sheltered them too much😬...I was not a helicopter mom...so ...what does that mean???? Its my job to protect.

Nor do you look like someone with a 23-year-old! As to their reactions; we moms can't ever get it right. But we can be smug should the time come and they ever have their own kids 😂

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    First off, wow you do not look like you have a a 21 yr old...and 2nd...I can relate, my 23 yr old says I sheltered them too much😬...I was not a helicopter mom...so ...what does that mean???? Its my job to protect.

Nor do you look like someone with a 23-year-old! As to their reactions; we moms can't ever get it right. But we can be smug should the time come and they ever have their own kids 😂

This is exactly what you'll find. As an "older" mother(66) with 3 sons--28, 35, and 36, I heard all these comments on my way of raising them. It was a downer after trying to be the best mother you could. Now, sometimes, they're talking among themselves and judging people they know and say things like "What do you expect, they were raised with no discipline, etc...." I just about spit out my coffee after years of hearing about my "mistakes". My older son now has 2 little boys and the shoe is on the other foot, so to speak. So, as they grow and mature, and especially have their own, you'll be appreciated. Try not to let it bother you. This has been going on since the dawn of time.

So true, especially about how much you'll be appreciated as they grow, mature and have their own. You and I are similar ages with closely aged children, I'm 67 with a ds who's turning 40, and 2 dds who are 30 and 28. Except my kids don't have any little ones in their foreseeable futures. Perhaps growing up in a family who ran an in-home child care forever, was a great birth control plan. :) Not that I'm happy about that but it isn't up to me. :/
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    I rewatched a bunch of old movies last night until 3am and I had a dream that I was trying to weird science someone and Michael Keaton was my dad. When I opened my laptop this morning to do some homework I still felt like I was in my dream 😅
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    edited May 2021
    fjr6iggyzpxu.gif

b8xj2n1r1ndl.gif

h4c9ckcbc7go.gif
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    hed0enh2crdj.gif

jezb05b987ax.gif

1at4a28ru04z.gif

Same