What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    I’ve been too intimidated to try the stairclimber at the gym. I’m only 5’2 and it looks so high up there. I have also been super morbidly obese up until recently so there is a deep seated fear of falling because good luck hobbling around when you get injured at that size. I waited until about 5 mins before the gym closed and then got on it for the first time yesterday. My legs felt so wobbly and my palms sweaty from fear. My mind kept screaming “omg your fat *kitten* is going to fall and die *kitten*.” But I didn’t. So I went back and did 300 floors in about 40 minutes today. I was standing straight the entire time and not using my arms to support my weight.

HUGE victory!! so happy for you to face your fears!! I have not tried a stair stepper because of the same concerns, and now I live in an area where there is no gym. :( great job!
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    I’ve been too intimidated to try the stairclimber at the gym. I’m only 5’2 and it looks so high up there. I have also been super morbidly obese up until recently so there is a deep seated fear of falling because good luck hobbling around when you get injured at that size. I waited until about 5 mins before the gym closed and then got on it for the first time yesterday. My legs felt so wobbly and my palms sweaty from fear. My mind kept screaming “omg your fat *kitten* is going to fall and die *kitten*.” But I didn’t. So I went back and did 300 floors in about 40 minutes today. I was standing straight the entire time and not using my arms to support my weight.

That seems like a lot to do (300 floors) for basically the first time exercising on it! Im wondering if you'll be super sore 2 days from now. I hope not!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    An NSV I'm not exceptionally thrilled about: my wedding rings are rapidly becoming too large! I have some plastic sizers to keep them on my finger for now, but I don't think I'll be able to have them resized, just because of the material and design. They weren't expensive and I'd be happy to continue to support the Etsy shop where they originally came from, but I've barely been married 6 months! LMAO

A better NSV: My boobs (in a bra) stick out further than my belly does when I'm standing. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

I used a metal resizer to keep my wedding ring on, then a year or so after I started maintenance I found a local jeweler that did lessons, together we made a sterling silver band to fit inside the wedding ring, so it was resized by adding another layer rather than taking some of the ring away and making it smaller. If you get in touch with the Etsy shop they may be able to do something similar.

That's a neat idea, and you now have a very unique-looking ring! But mine isn't a plain band - I have a bridal set, the engagement ring has a bunch of tiny stones plus a larger central stone and the wedding band has more tiny stones. Right now they're separate rings, I've thought about getting them soldered together, dunno if that would help the fit issue. The metal is already sterling silver, as well, and from what I understand you can't do a lot of reworking on sterling silver. Maybe the Etsy seller would give me a discount on re-buying the same set again, only smaller? LMAO.

• trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member

That's a neat idea, and you now have a very unique-looking ring! But mine isn't a plain band - I have a bridal set, the engagement ring has a bunch of tiny stones plus a larger central stone and the wedding band has more tiny stones. Right now they're separate rings, I've thought about getting them soldered together, dunno if that would help the fit issue. The metal is already sterling silver, as well, and from what I understand you can't do a lot of reworking on sterling silver. Maybe the Etsy seller would give me a discount on re-buying the same set again, only smaller? LMAO.

Soldering them together should reduce them by half a size. You could probably ask the jeweler if they could add an additional band to the inside after being sodered together to make them even smaller if needed. What an amazing problem to have!
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,070 Member

Soldering them together should reduce them by half a size. You could probably ask the jeweler if they could add an additional band to the inside after being sodered together to make them even smaller if needed. What an amazing problem to have!

Novel solution! Just a cautionary tale about rings - when I started this journey I didn't think my hands were pudgy at all, and my ring finger was a size 8. Now it's a size 4.5 and closer to a 4. So yeah, definitely best to get near goal weight before resizing rings, if at all possible!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!