Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member
    luaqy2gd9uec.jpeg
    *** May 10th ***

Good morning peeps!

Missy - good idea - I will look into alternatives, such as Roku. Thanks!

Sara - wishing you a good week at the Fun House! Take your Zen Spray for use on yourself or your boss.

Waving to Maureen and anewbody2014 and Lynn and Runa and Tracy and Jordanna and Rhiannon and everyone else who stops by later on.

Lana

268.0 today
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Good morning!

Thanks for the rainbow colors to start our Monday, Lana! Rainbows make me happy.

We have Roku and subscribe to YouTube TV for live television. The built-in recording feature is great. We are usually so busy, we can't watch first-run shows. We catch up on Sunday afternoons.

I survived the fajita dinner at the Lodge on Saturday, but it was a long day with little payoff. Only had 20 people eat. 21 if you count that my SO paid for 2 plates for himself. Took in $210. I personally donated more than $150 worth of food to the meal, three others paid for the beef ($60), and others donated miscellaneous items. I feel like it was a failure.

We had a piñata and I overfilled it. It broke off the string at one point, then the hanger completely pulled out of the piñata. Another fail.

Hopefully, I'm done with events for a little bit. That was a Women of the Moose meal. The Lodge has a meal on the 22nd and I will help with setup and cleanup, but I won't be in charge like I was on this one.

Summer gets a little slow at the Lodge, and I am grateful.

I did get my hair cut this weekend, that's progress.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Tracy in Tennessee
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 585 Member
    Tracy, that's a lot of work. Good for you for stepping up.

I had a busy day, working, taxes, packing, jogging. I've been waking at sunrise so I had plenty of time to get everything done. Still tiring. I should sleep well tonight.

I have 4-5 boxes to get into the pod to move, and then just need to pack my car for nomadic life. I'm spending the next couple of nights at a friend's, down the street. Skye will stay at the house in her crate, but probably on Wed night, I'll book a hotel and settle in for the rest of my time here. I may get a furnished rental, but the lady has to hear from another client first. Either way, I'll be leaving the house soon. No regrets. I'll miss my gorgeous conservancy but I rented a place on trails in Charlotte, so I won't be leaving exercise and fresh air behind.

Hoping all of you have a good day tomorrow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Good evening,

The last 2 hours of work were wonderfully quiet as most people leave between 3 and 4pm.Still got phone calls had half of my dinner at work (protein based snack), ate dinner and zonked out.

Warm again this week- wore a new top I bought online had a shell in the same print as as short poncho like that came to my waist. Only bought one as it was the only one I liked in their clearance section. But it was a nice addition to the wardrobe.

Wishing all a good night and stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    c2vcc1az6oqd.jpeg
    *** May 11 ***

Good morning Ladies~~

Just getting us started. I'll be back in an hour or so.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2021
    Wow - Tracy - you put a LOT into that fajita dinner. I am so sad for you that there was a poor turnout. It sounds like Murphy's Law visited the event with a vengeance.
    Your haircut: did you have it trimmed and shaped, or did you go for a whole new style?

Maureen - things are really moving along for you now. This is exciting! Good for you!

Sara - I just thought of something: does Monster leave after 8 hours, or is she there for the later hours too?

vx97o876ea0e.jpeg
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    edited May 2021
    Hello!
    Lana - your monster! That is great! I will now picture her as Sara's monster everytime she talks about her :)
    Tracy - I am sorry your event did not go well. No one ever has perfect events. All you can do is chalk it up and know that may not be the right choice. It is a tough thing to predict. You definetly need to be commended for all you do with the Lodge.
    Sara - Low of 32 in WI last night. Wish we could trade some heat/cold.
    Maureen - congrats on all you accomplished!
    Oh Lana - netflix. I have some suggestions :) Look for Medici, Turn, Queens Gambit. I enjoyed those three. Depends on your TV taste. My hubby really enjoyed The Vikings- I got a little lost with it.

CW 193.6
    HW 207
    GW 188

• Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lana I am Monster-less for 2 hours. I bet it drives her nuts!!

I get tomorrow off and I have one apt but the rest of the time is mine!! I am wondering if I should make Wednesday my grocery shopping day so I can sleep in Saturday? Nice to have some options for a change.

It is already "late" but then I will get used to this, nice that the sun still shines.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2021
    6a8nmirjt61u.jpeg
    *** May 12 ***

Good morning all~~

Just getting us started. North Carolina is in a flap about gasoline shortages. Plus it's raining - I need to go cancel the Meetup ladies walk..... ok, that's done.

Lynn - thank you for the Netflix suggestions. I might give them a try. 🙏🏻

Sara - I am loving the fact that she goes home and has to leave you there in peace!!! Enjoy your mid-week free day!

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    Hello all!
    Lana - I have been hearing about the gas shortages. It is amazing how crazy we get as a society - as soon as something happens we become hoarders. Good luck. Go dance in the rain :wink:
    Sara- enjoy your peace!
    Not much new here.
    waves to all!
    ~Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Today I slept in, went grocery shopping, got car washed, finished prayer shawls and laundered them (some of the yarn was dusty) ready to go for Sunday (first gathering outdoors as a church), had psychiatric meeting over phone, knitted and watched PBS (Lana it is $60 a year to get online viewing).

I need to get more steps - started a book with big print about a Mrs Entwistle a character retired who lost her car because she drives like Mr Magoo and goes to buy herself another car. Will give you a final verdict when I am done.

Reading now, steps later as it is quite warm again today.

Went down grocery aisle of potato chips and chocolate and told myself - you have caramel flan in your cart - this was true. Compromise for me.

Wishing all a good night.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Hello all!
    Lana - I have been hearing about the gas shortages. It is amazing how crazy we get as a society - as soon as something happens we become hoarders. Good luck. Go dance in the rain :wink:
    Sara- enjoy your peace!
    Not much new here.
    waves to all!
    ~Lynn

It’s crazy feels like I’m having flashbacks of the Toilet paper shortage.
  • LanaCabana537
    cl36ushz2fd8.jpeg
    *** May 13th ***

Good morning all~~

Wow am I grateful that the sun is shining here. I need to have my mood kept up!

Missy - yes! This is similar to The Toilet Paper Shortage.
    I am grateful to be retired with nowhere I have to go; I live in walking distance to downtown; I'm right near doctors & hospital; and my freezer and gas tank are both 60% full.

Yesterday I read an article online about a new class of drugs, incretins, that are being studied to help people with chronic obesity. I didn't so much jump up about the drug, but I was discouraged about how very difficult to impossible they say it is for some people to lose weight on their own. Yep.

On a positive note, there is an OB/Gyn in Galveston who has been promoting her Galveston Diet for women who are either peri-menopausal or post-menopausal. Her diet has varying sign-up costs, but some are one-time only. Her diet is mainly anti-inflammatory and very healthy foods only. It seems that her ladies have good results--it's a for-life change of what foods they eat.

I have a hope that once I get past this divorce, I won't have so much weighing on my mind, and I won't feel the need to "self-medicate" with food.

*tossing hat and beach bag onto a double lounge chair for later*

Lana

⬇️ 266.6 today (dehydrated?)
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning!
    The Galveston diet - interesting. I need some anti-inflammatory in my diet...but that really seems to be a struggle for me to maintain. Usually cut out sugar and carbs. I agree with you about the med. Just so unfortunate it is such a struggle.
    Sunny and warm in WI for the next week or so. Love spring time. The warm sun, lack of bugs due to cool nights. Perfect weather for me!
    Waves to all!

CW 192.4
    HW 207
    GW 187

• LanaCabana537

Lynn - good for you on the nice weather! Do you have outdoor plans for the weekend?

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 585 Member
    Greetings all. I am finally finished with things I need to do in the house--but the list of things I need to do for my new job keep growing. I have been so tired, not eating well, not sleeping well, and little exercise (moving doesn't count b/c it isn't what I need to feel good and to relax). BUT--it's all over for a while--tomorrow is closing, have to do my drug test today (for job), and can't do anything else until school ends. Lots of work to keep me busy and our weather seems to be improving--60s and 70s today and for the next 10 days. 40s and 50s doesn't count as "spring" to me :)

Skye just got spayed this morning and I'll pick her up this evening. I wanted to go jogging and if she is sleepy still, I can crate her and go while she sleeps. Otherwise I'll wait for tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

Lana, I hope you feel better once the divorce is finalized. Sometimes knowing "DONE" really helps me let go, and I'm hoping it does so for you, too.

Lynn, what's new in your world?

Sara, you are getting some hours without Monster? How nice. Yes, you are right--she probably hates it--added benefit, POTM while not having her around. A "twofer."
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Late for me, but time gets away from me.

No Monster at all tomorrow, and on a Friday how lucky is that?

Supposed to be seasonably correct over the weekend which would be a nice change.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    semaqlpyll0u.jpeg
    *** May 14 ***

Good morning everybody ☀️

Maureen - Congratulations on your closing today - that is a milestone ✅
    I hope that Miss Skye heals up quickly 💖

Sara - A day without the Monster - good for you. It will be a good day!

Waving to Runa and Tracy and Lynn and Missy and Jordanna and Rhiannon and Dawn and anyone else who stops by today 👋🏻
    The Cabana Boys will be starting Happy Hour early today at The Club 🌴🍇🍹🌴

Lana

⬆️ 268.2 today
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning!
    Big days for all around - Maureen closing - yahoo! Sara - monsterless day - yahoo! Me? I have baby chicks!! 5 total so far with hopefully another three hatching today. :smile: 8ph0hm06871r.jpg
    4t4vev3azt8x.jpg

Lana - I will be at happy hour early today!
    Happy Friday!

CW 192.8
    HW 207
    GW 187
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2021
    Oh my goodness - Lynn - my heart is melting! Not only are these chicks super-adorable, but also I imagine that it feels thrilling to hold one in your hand! --A soft little fluff-ball of joyous life 💖

Enjoy them!!!

Lana