What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    I just think the amount of sugar in apples, grapes, mangos, pineapple, etc. is just a little much... even if they do have fiber :#
    4gseys81rfvo.png
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    On that note...

I really dislike crunchy raw apples. I don't hate them, but would never have them unless there was absolutely nothing else to eat. I only like them cooked.

Ha....I'm the complete opposite for sure! The only apple I'd ever consume HAS to be very very crunchy....and I absolutely hate cooked apple 'anything' (bla to apple pie/baked apples, etc., ) Oh my...we're all so different! Love it🤣
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Yes we are different. I love raw apples, baked apples, “fried” apples. But applesauce is one of those foods I refuse to eat. Ever.
  • Godlord1488
    Godlord1488 Posts: 37 Member
    idc how calorie low a strawberry is, unless its wild picked, its the food of the devil.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    black licorice as in all kinds is a gift from the gods and is fully underrated by you yanks.

💗💗💗black licorice...
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    On that note...

I really dislike crunchy raw apples. I don't hate them, but would never have them unless there was absolutely nothing else to eat. I only like them cooked.

Ha....I'm the complete opposite for sure! The only apple I'd ever consume HAS to be very very crunchy....and I absolutely hate cooked apple 'anything' (bla to apple pie/baked apples, etc., ) Oh my...we're all so different! Love it🤣

I'm in the middle -- I like both crunchy raw apples (raw ones must be crunchy), but I also like them cooked (both in apple pie or other dessert format or as a side dish with something like a pork chop (with onions and sauerkraut).
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Black licorice is terrible. You can have all of mine!

Local, in-season strawberries are wonderful. I am once again trying to grow my own, but I love going to the farmer's market and trying all the different varieties, although this year you can't really do that. I will buy various different ones, though.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    You can get all the protein a body needs without eating animals. I am putting this out there, even though I am NOT vegetarian.
    Here we go! Everyone pile on now!

I wouldn't expect anyone to pile on. Most people here would agree with that.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    edited May 2021
    Duplicate post.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    "Chocolatey" on a food product's front label is a sign that it's likely to be sub-standard in tastiness.

Also, anything with "melty cheese".
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    You can get all the protein a body needs without eating animals. I am putting this out there, even though I am NOT vegetarian.

I hate how when I say I barely eat meat my family are all “but where do you get your protein”!? I get over 70g of vegan protein a day easily!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member

I hate how when I say I barely eat meat my family are all “but where do you get your protein”!? I get over 70g of vegan protein a day easily!

Yup. I get over 100 most days as a vegan
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    I just think the amount of sugar in apples, grapes, mangos, pineapple, etc. is just a little much... even if they do have fiber :#
    4gseys81rfvo.png

this is a super large apple
  • yellowblanket11
    yellowblanket11 Posts: 4 Member
    I detest anything maple flavored. Will not touch syrup. Hate maple scented candles.
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    I like almost every food! Yep-includes brussels sprouts, uni, poke, anchovies, etc. It is the way in which they are prepared that makes a food 'unlikable' to me. So for example, green beans roasted with sesame oil/seeds and soy sauce or aminos are yummy, but boiled---not so much! Sweet peas are awesome raw or frozen/thawed, but I have not found a split pea soup that I can stomach----yet!
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 975 Member
    @g2renew I’ve only used the recipe for split pea soup from The Joy of Cooking. Beyond delicious! Even my kids loved it. Of course, it is green colored and sadly, my kids would refer to it as horse vomit. Oh, are we having horse vomit tonight? Always the comedians. As an aside, I don’t think anyone in my family has actually has seen horse vomit.