Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,772 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 5/Triceps followed by LIS Afterburn and the floor/core work from Turbo Barre. It has been awhile since I have done Afterburn, and it another one of those workouts that runs hot and cold with me. But I really enjoyed it today. My body is definitely feeling these STS workouts....in a good way, but I am also ready for Recovery Week next week. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I saw Kelly had added a new step workout. I am glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully your legs are okay today. I know when I was climbing the stairs to my workout area this morning, mine were talking to me kind of loudly. :D Oddly, in some ways, I am finding these one body part weeks pretty tough! I like the length of the workouts, but whatever muscle I am working is usually screaming by the end. During Mesos 2 and 3, I think they will feel very differently because we will have ‘normal’ recovery time, whereas in this Mesocycle, I am trying to keep my breaks somewhat short.....but not 30 seconds short, that’s for sure. B)

Laurie, great workout! I am supposed to get my egg weights today, which has me checking the porch every 10 minutes. :p I can’t wait to try them out. I will have to look for that Dead Bug workout. I laughed at your youngest worrying about what to do with your sewing machines when you are gone. I think she has a few decades (or more) to figure that out!!!! I hope you enjoy your day off tomorrow.

Enjoy the day.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,508 Member
    Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Zumba, Pickleball, KCM "RAW" 15-minute Boxing workout using 2lb dumbbells, and STS Meso 1, Disc 5 Triceps Only followed by a stretching/massage session.

I did the 15 minute boxing workout after pickleball as a warmup to the STS workout. I loved how she hits the abs!

I discovered a new yoga instructor on YouTube and she has really good stretching routines!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLy2rYHwUqY

DH told me that he was taking the plastic plant trays back to the nursery after pickleball. He then said: That does not mean that you have to get off the truck to go look at plants! LOL. I don't like that nursery anymore so I was fine staying in the truck! LOL

We're going out to dinner with some friends on Friday night and on Saturday we'll go to Canton which is 45 minutes south of here to return a couple of things to Kohl's and Target and we will hit Publix! :)

Laurie, great workout! I'm definitely going to keep doing the boxing workouts. Thanks for inspiring me!
    OMG with your DD scolding for buying another sewing machine! Too funny! I cracked up laughing when I read this. She does have a point. I think what you have to do is have a will and list there who gets the sewing machines so they don't have to worry about selling them.
    Have a wonderful long weekend!

Laurel, great workouts today! My body is also feeling the STS workouts in a good way too! I like that my arms are feeling pumped and my legs are feeling the leg workout too!
    I tried on my skinny jeans that I haven't been able to wear because I've gained weight and they are definitely fitting better but now quite where I need to be. This is exciting!
    Like you, I'm ready for recovery week. What I like about the one body part workouts is that I can sometimes go a little heavy because my arms aren't tired from using them for other body parts.
    I hit the fast forward to the next exercise button and start the exercise I need as soon as I get to it. The time I spend fast forwarding is my recovery time. I have really enjoyed these endurance workouts.

I agree that the Mesos 2 and 3 will feel differently. I wished Cathe sold those weighted gloves she uses in those workouts.

Good night and have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 5/Back followed by a 45 minute Peloton spin and then the Extended Stretch 2 from the LITE series. Everything felt really good today, which is a bit unusual for a Friday, especially after four weeks of tough workouts. :)

Thelma, great workouts! I love the same thing about that 15 minute Boxing workout.....it is perfect cardio and abs. Thank you for the yoga recommendation. I am so glad I forced myself to add extended stretches to this rotation because when they are written down as part of a plan, I am much more apt o do them. And they feel so good after these tough workouts. I agree about being able to go a little bit stronger on the one body part week. The first week of one body parts, though, I realized I was overly ambitious about half way through a couple of body parts because by the end by muscles were screaming. I made sure not to do that this week and, instead, feel like I had much more reasonable and effective workouts. I love that I am beginning to see muscles in my arms again. My body just loves STS for sure. Sounds like yours does to with the skinny jeans!! Cathe did sell those weighted gloves when STS came out. I have a pair of the two pound gloves, and I like them.....but they aren’t quite as easy to use as she makes them look to be. So I have a set of one pound wrist weights and the two pound gloves for increments. But switching between one and two pounds in the gloves just takes too much time. Enjoy your time with friends and enjoy your time at Publix!

Have a good weekend.

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,413 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Had a nice but I'm a little tired from all the activities. Didn't really do anything all weekend, but it just felt like it was a lot. Had a nice time with our car friends, and then on Sunday we got home and headed out to see DH's Mom. We helped her get all the ham radio equipment organized. DH and dd are going over there today, because someone is coming to make an offer on what is remaining of DH's Dad's equipment.

So no workout this weekend, but this morning my workout was 30MTF Amped Up Cardio, and I did the Premix with no blasts.

Laurel, Nice job on all the workouts! Glad to hear that your body is feeling good after all the tough workouts. I hope that your egg weights arrived safe and sound, and that you had a chance to try them out. I just used them on my workout this morning, and that felt great. If you do happen to find the dead bug workout of Kelly's, do the 5 min. one. She has a 3 min, which she uses weights. The 5 min. one really gets the abs good. Funny thing about my youngest, she was at the thrift store looking for things for her new place, and she sent me a pic of a sewing machine. :D I should be getting my new/old machine today.

Thelma, Love the workouts! Thanks for the new instructor, I will have to check it out when I have the time. Great way to use that workout as a warm up for pickleball. If my dd's don't want my machines, and of course my nieces or nephews, than I will make sure that the machines go to The Sewing Machine Project. This is a place that will take them and give them to areas all over the world that have need of them.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was a nice blend of busy and relaxing. On Saturday we finished the bulk of our backyard project. The yard is 1000 times better than it was just a couple of weeks ago. It looks like a complete yard instead of the half finished mess the builder left. I don’t feel too bad about our yard because the neighbors on both sides are having to put way more effort—and money— into theirs. It is just a weird thing with this builder that I will never quite understand. Anyhow, yesterday was more relaxing with some errands and a nice long walk. We got hammered with rain late in the day, but that didn’t stop us from enjoying a nice glass of wine on the deck, enjoying the new yard. :)

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith’s Poise and Grace from her Building Balance DVD followed by 45 minutes of hip focused yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was and ICE double hitter. I did Low Impact Sweat with Blizzard Blast into To The Mat with ICY Core 2. It was fun revisiting both of those workouts. Today was Cathe Live Lighten Up:Total Body followed by Cathe Live In The Ring. I did the latter with my 2# egg weights and that made for quite a challenge. But I loved using the weights and how they made my hands feel. But for workouts that are faster than the one I did today, I will definitely have to step down to 1.5#....just for control. But I see getting a lot of use out of these weights. I even used them Saturday during the Jessica workout.

Laurie, I’m glad you enjoyed the weekend even though it wasn’t too relaxing. I hope your DH is able to sell that ham radio equipment. I would imagine there are a few collectors around that would appreciate that. Like I said above, so far I love the egg weights. Having the weight on the palm of the hand makes my shoulders and hands feel better for sure. My current weighted gloves are weighted on the back of the hand. I will have to get used to the added weight thought! I think my current gloves are 1#. But I am happy for the challenge. :) Thank you for pointing out the different Kelly Dead Bug workouts. I may try to find one for tomorrow....just for something different. I love the sound of the Sewing Machine Project. I hope your new/old machine arrives in good condition.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, it looks like I forgot to hit the Post Reply button on Sunday! We had a great and busy weekend. We never went out to dinner on Friday. Saturday we went to Canton for breakfast, Publix and the mall to return a couple of things. DH finished planting my perennials. I varnished/waterproofed (under close supervision!) the birdbath's bowl and saucer which will go on top. They came out really good. It killed DH not to do the varnish himself but I told him I wanted to do it myself. I could tell he wanted to take the brush from my hand and do it himself! LOL
    Saturday was a beautiful day but on the cool side. Sunday was warmer, cloudy and very windy. The heavy rain/thunderstorm started Sunday night.

My workouts on Friday were Peloton Low Impact Ride and STS Meso 1, Disc 5 Back Only followed by a stretching session.
    Workouts on Sunday were Peloton Groove Ride and XT Legs - Barre and Ball Only. I loved this leg workout. The ball part was a killer! My thighs and glutes were feeling it on Monday. I will do this workout more often!
    Since we didn't have much time to relax over the weekend I was feeling tired all day Monday and didn't feel like working out. I finally forced myself to go downstairs and did KCM "RAW" Upper Weights & Legs. I loved this workout and it was perfect for how I was feeling.

I bought a Ninja Power Nutri Duo blender and will start adding healthy vegetable/fruit/protein smoothies into my diet like I used to when I was working. I tested the blender in the morning and it was amazing! It blended all the spinach and frozen kale leaves perfectly. I heard it's pretty noisy and it is but so is our Vitamix. I just wanted a small blender for smoothies and smoothie bowls. It is definitely a keeper and you can also make frozen drinks in this baby. I rarely drink but I found wine slushy recipe that I want to try.

Cathe posted an update thankfully she is doing better. She posted pictures too so may want to check out her FB wall:
    A world of thanks to my family, friends, gym family, and our global Cathlete community! I’m overwhelmed with emotion. I can’t thank you all enough locally and afar for the outpouring of “get well” sentiments. Your calls, texts, cards, pictures, flowers and many special gifts are so incredibly thoughtful and have lifted my spirits more than you may ever know! I am grateful to you and feeling so blessed by all of your support and healing energy.
    I had my second post-op visit and I am happy to say I no longer have to lie face down or lie on my side all day long. I have graduated to being able to walk around cautiously and still need to take it easy. No driving or lifting yet but that’s to be expected. Along with my scleral buckle surgery, I had a C3F8 gas bubble inserted in my eye that will take several weeks to absorb. This gas bubble is what’s pushing my retina back in its place. While this bubble is a very much needed part of my full recovery, its currently very large in my visual field and makes my eye’s vision very distorted as if I’m constantly looking through water. My vision in the operated eye is currently only able to see bright shadows of blur but I’m told that vision will gradually clear up and come back. Thank goodness my non-operated left eye is still fully functioning normally and helping me get around cautiously. My depth perception is distorted because of only being able to seeing through one eye and will take time to adjust. The external view of my operated eye has no more swelling but is still bloodshot (but clearing up more and more each day). Here are some pic’s reflecting my first nine days of recovery. I’ll spare you the unsightly initial bandage removal pics of course 😜 Thank you again everyone for your wonderful support!

Laurie, I'm glad you had a nice weekend and had fun with your car friends. You were busy so no wonder you felt tired! Good job getting a workout in!

I'd never heard about The Sewing Machine Project but I'm glad you know about it in case you need to donate to them your sewing machines!

Laurel, I'm glad you had a nice and productive weekend! Congratulations on finishing the bulk of your yard work. I bet it looks really nice! I am always amazed at how much money people pay landscapers! We did our landscaping in MA. Well, mostly DH but I helped where I could. There was no landscaping here and our only landscaping is our tiny garden. We do pay someone to cut the grass because the land slopes downward and it's a pain.

Great workouts and I'm glad that you're loving your egg weights!! I do like using my 1lb and 2lb small dumbbells but I sure could use 1.5 lb weights though.

I'm glad you're enjoying the benefits of stretching after a workout. It's so important.
    I was able to go heavier on the one body part week so I went ambitious by my standards. I loved being able to go heavy and feeling my arms so pumped. I really hit my upper body hard last week and I loved it.
    My body is loving this STS routine for sure. I've never been able to achieve definition in my fat arms. Maybe this time I'll get lucky!

Cathe does make it look like changing weights in those weighted gloves is very easy. They probably edited the time it really took to change weights out!
    We hit Publix again when they were having BOGO chicken breast!

Have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning there was frost on the ground. My workout was 30MTF Sculpting Rx W2; RAW Abs Finisher. I really like the ab workout, she does half of it standing and the other half on the floor. All exercises use an 8lb weight.

My new sewing machine arrived safe and sound, but it does need to be serviced. I will get a pic of it when I get home, because it is a cutie. :D

Laurel, Nice job on the yard, you both put in a lot of work that will pay off when you look at it all summer. Very nice work on all your workouts, and using the egg weights to your advantage. I'm with you on the added weight vs. the weighted gloves. I also only had the 1 pound gloves, and used my 2lb weights occasionally. I really feel the egg weights in my upper back. I have also noticed that I can really get my hips into the motion more. I'm not worried that my glove will fall off. :D Like you, I'm probably going to use the weights for more of my workouts.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts, and getting one in even though you where tired. Congrats on the new machine, I bet you make some great drinks with it. LOL on your DH wanting to take the brush away and do the project himself. I would have been the opposite of you and given him the brush. :D I have a pallet that I want to make an American flag out of, so at some point I'm going to start painting that. I bet my DH does the same thing and will want to do it himself. On that one I will most likely do it myself.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a good one. I did a fantastic 60 minute spin with Peloton that just left me smiling at the end. I don’t say that too often at the end of 60 minutes of any form of exercise, especially spin! But it was a ‘rock’ ride and I loved the music choice the instructor made. I followed it with a 10 foam rolling class and 20 minute of floor poses/yoga, both from Peloton.

Thelma, great job with the workouts. I hope you enjoy the new blender. Thanks again for the update on Cathe. I bet she is happy to be back on her feet for sure....even if cautiously. That’s funny about the varnish on your bird bath and your DH wanting to do it. We have some things where I know my DH would so prefer to do the task....and so would I! I am glad you were able to complete it. No doubt the birds will appreciate it.

Laurie, frost this late is never fun. I bet you are more than ready for warm temperatures to come and stay for awhile. Great workout. I tried to find the five minute dead bug workout on Kelly’s Facebook page, but only found the three minute weighted one. Do you have any idea when she posted it? Facebook is so not user friendly when it comes to searching for things like this. :# I am glad your new machine arrived safely!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts Tuesday were a Peloton Groove ride and a Peloton Yoga workout focused on hips. I LOVE these groove rides. They are supposedly choreography based classes. I was a sweaty mess after that class!

Laurie, I can't believe you had front on the ground! Great workouts! Congrats on your new sewing machine! I can't wait to see what it looks like!
    I was checking out the Life is Good website today and noticed that they have all kinds of sewing machine t-shirts! You need at least one of them!

I normally would've had DH have the brush but this is a special project to me so I want to work on it as much as I possibly can. I love the idea of painting the American flag on a pallet! We bought a wooden American flag a couple of years ago. I love it.

Laurel, fantastic workouts! I don't dare do any rides longer than 30 minutes but most of time I ride longer than the 30 minute class. At least I am doing classes 7+ in the difficulty scale. These groove class are taking me to the next level though. I will start trying some of the other classes now that I feel my endurance is much better.

I am loving my blender and I love that I can add spinach, cuke, carrots to it and not taste them! LOL
    The birdbath is near and dear to my heart so I want to do as much of it as possible. I did let him drill holes on the saucer that goes on top of the bowl because that was too advanced for me! He'll have to help me with the pump and solar panel. Normally I come up with ideas and materials needed and he executes them for me.
    I hope you guys aren't doing too bad with the gas shortage. Apparently there's no gas to be found around here.

Have a great Wednesday ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was a favorite of mine 30MTF Weights W1; RAW Cardio Finisher. Next time I do the weight workout, I will have to up the weights. I guess my strength has increased quite a bit.

Laurel, Nice job on the spin, got to love it when you have some awesome tunes. It is quite late for the frost, we had some more this morning. Hopefully this is the last day for that. We had a reminder that in 1990 on May 10 we had over 3 inches of wet heavy snow. I couldn't get to work because they had our street blocked from a power line being down. That would never work for us again, because our state has put all the lines underground. :/ It appears that the 5 min. Dead Bug is only posted on the Train Smart with Kelly group page. She posted that one on the 9th of March.

Thelma, Looks like you had a good spin class also. I was actually eyeing up a t-shirt that said May the 1/4" Be with You for May the 4th. I thought my DH would get a kick out of that one. He is a big Star Wars fan. I'm sure that the birds will appreciate your efforts on the bath. Can't wait to hear that they are taking advantage of the bath.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a metabolic combo of Cathe Live Metabolic Mashup into Cathe Live Cardio HiiT Metabolic. It was a good combo....not too tough but challenging enough for sure.

Thelma, great workouts. I love the groove rides!! They are so much fun and just fly by for me. I am so happy to hear you are feeling stronger and stronger on the bike. There are so many classes in the 20-30 minute range that there is no reason to do much longer than that. I always ride longer too because of the lack of cool down. After long classes like yesterday, though, I always do a separate five or ten minute cool down ride, just to calm my body down. Honestly, I would imagine we have some gas stations out of gas right now but it really is just ridiculous. DH called the other night to say he was going to get gas on his way home because his co-workers mentioned there was a ‘shortage’. I had been reading about the pipeline hack all day and read not one word about an impact on supply.....because there isn’t one. The only reason stations don’t have gas is because people have unnecessarily bought up their normal supply with hoarding. Hopefully you aren’t too impacted by it. I feel sorry for people just trying to go about their daily lives thinking gas will be available when it should be only to come across station after station closed because people went into a completely unnecessary panic.

Laurie, great workout. And yay for feeling stronger! Thanks for the information on the dead bug workout. I am still hoping to find it. I remember the year I graduated high school (1983) we had so much snow in late May in Denver that the ski resorts were still open on my last day of school in early June. While great for skiers, I remember freezing at my graduation which was held at Red Rocks Amphitheater. Not a fun way to start summer, that’s for sure. Hopefully you have seen the last of frost until autumn.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workout today was ICE Metabolic Total Body Mish Mosh Scrambled Premix #4 Mixes abs from Icy Core 1 throughout the main workout. This was a fantastic workout!

Laurie, great workout and congrats on the gained strength!

I'm sure you DH would've appreciated that Star Wars t-shirt! DH is a big fan too!
    DH is going to plug in the drainage hole in the planter I'm using as the bowl for the bird bath. He's been too busy with work and hasn't gotten to that. It's been a cloudy week so the solar panel wouldn't have worked. I will make sure that hole is plugged this weekend though!

Laurel, great workout combo!

I'm glad you love those groove rides too! My favorite instructor so far is Cody Rigsby. I just love watching him dance on the bike. Cooling down is the reason why I keep riding the bike after the class is over.
    The gas situation was crazy around here. We were going to go on a little day trip this week but decided to wait till next week just in case.
    People were filling up huge plastic tanks with gas at the gas stations. There are a lot of farmers here so maybe that was why but who knows. One guy was filling up one of those tanks landscapers use for the lawn treatments. They are huge box like tanks on top of their trucks.

I also read that the federal government was asking people not to use plastic bags for the gasoline! WHAT??? Someone actually posted a video of a woman filing up grocery bags with gasoline and then, she double bagged it! YIKES!
    I haven't driven my car much since March 2020 so DH doesn't like to fill up the tank. It's always at 1/4 tank full. My car is at the mechanic's shop this week and it's on fumes which had me worried. There's no need to rush to find gas for my car anymore.
    60% of Metro Atlanta gas stations were out of gas today! Insane! Thank God I had DH fill up his truck's tank on Monday morning before the madness started!

Have a wonderful Thursday ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was another workout that I would do over and over again. 30MTF Weights W2; RAW Boxing Finisher. I used 1.5# egg weights, since the weight workout was all upper body. I started out with the 2#, but then soon realized that was a mistake. :D

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts! Can't imagine going through a graduation when it is that cold. I have been to a few that have been chilly, but nothing that was cold enough to have snow in the area. We where okay this morning with no frost, but I guess that we are still not out of it for tonight. The biggest problem are the weeds getting out of control, because it is just to cold to stay outdoors for to long. Hopefully this weekend the temps will be warm enough so that I can tackle some more weeds.

Thelma, Nice job on your metabolic workouts also. I think I remember you saying that your DH was a Star Wars fan. DH just recently bought a ornament that was Star Wars. It was one that he forgot to request for Christmas, so he bought it himself. His birthday is at the beginning of June, so I just might consider that his present. :D Those things are not cheap. I hope that your DH is able to tackle that project, and you are up and running with the bath.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a super tough 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton followed by 30 minutes of yoga. That yoga felt great after the tough ride.

Thelma, great workouts! I will have to remember that premix because the last couple of time I did Metabolic Total Body, I realized just how good a workout it is. With abs mixed in? Even better! Cody Rigsby flat out makes me laugh every time I do one of his rides. His groove rides are, hands down, my favorite of his rides. I think the only other instructor that does groove rides on any consistent basis is Emma Lovewell, and while I like her, she is just much more serious. Anyhow, I heard about people putting gas into plastic bags! :o That is, literally, insane. Like you, my poor car doesn’t get out much, but we do use it on weekends when we are hauling bigger loads of stuff....or carrying golf clubs. :D So we keep it filled, and we just filled it before this happened. So, as DH said, we are good for about 700 miles (between our two cars) if we need to go that far! I heard Georgia was one of the states where a majority of stations had to close. I think North Carolina closed upwards of 70% of their stations. Alabama had a surprisingly low number of closures last I saw. Hopefully everything will be back to ‘normal’ in a few days.

Laurie, great workouts! Those 2# weights catch up on you, that’s for sure! I can’t wait to try them again. :) That it is too cold to take care of the weeds is just.....wrong. There should be no weeds if it is cold! ;):) I really do hope you are warmer this weekend. We are supposed to be back up to 80, and I can’t wait!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Gina B Power Walk 80s Style, Vinyasa Flow, my first Peloton HIIT Ride and stretching. Fantastic workouts. The yoga class is always so tough and such a great workout. There were lots of planks, triceps pushups and ab work. I took a one hour break after Gina B and yoga before doing the bike. The Peloton ride was the highest level of difficulty I've done. It was definitely challenging.

The weather was gorgeous today. It was sunny, much warmer, dry and for a change not windy!

DH and I are going out to dinner tomorrow. It should be fun. We're going to hit Lowe's on the way back home so may get some plants. I definitely need a couple of little Petunias to replace the ones that died in one of my baskets. It's weird how that happened because the other baskets are doing great.

Laurie, great workouts!

DH loves Star Wars but he's not a collector of anything. I would consider your DH's new ornament his bday gift! LOL

DH plugged the birdbath's draining hole today. Now our challenge is how to position the solar panel on or over the railing without using nails or screws. We've been brainstorming and I came up with a couple of ideas that he liked so he's going to try to see how to execute them. There are too many wood eating bugs around here that I don't want us to create holes in the wood for any reason at all.

Laurel, great workouts! I need to try one of those Hiit and Hills rides!

I love that Metabolic Total Body premix because the abs are sprinkled throughout the workout.
    I'll have to try one of Emma's groove rides. I've only tried Cody's groove rides. He is my favorite instructor. I also like Aly Love. I want to try one of those rides with two instructors too. Cody has one of those.

Things were back to normal at the gas pump around here. We went out today and gas stations had normal traffic and they all had gas.
    we used to use my car for hauling bigger loads but now that DH has a truck that's the vehicle we use.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Little warmer this morning, but still hitting the 30's. My workout this morning was 30MTF Quick Fix Cardio 2; RAW Glutes Finisher. Will be getting into the 70's this weekend, so that means outside for some weed pulling. :D

Laurel, Nice workout, and of course getting in a good stretch afterward. I was tempted to try the weights for todays workout, but decided against it. That workout is tough enough without adding to it. :D I'm going to be doing a kickboxing workout on Sunday, so will for sure add my egg weights for that one. I agree with you on the weeds. They seem to like any type of weather. :/

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! Glad to hear that the wind has died down. Enjoy your evening out, and of course your trip to Lowes. Nice that you where able to find a way to get the solar panel up without drilling into any wood. We don't have problems with bugs like that, but for sure would be cautious about doing any drilling.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live PHA Training followed by Cathe Live Metabolic Core. I love both of these workouts so it was a good workout day. :)

Thelma, great workouts. And congratulations on your first HiiT ride! As much as I hate to say this, there are still a few Peloton spin instructors I have never tried. And a few I have only done one or two classes with. I would like to try a class with each instructor at least once and, hopefully, I will do that some day. But I have my preferences on any given day. Yesterday’s HiiT and Hills was with Olivia Amato. For me, she is the toughest instructor because she moves fast and you are lucky to get one ‘rest’ in a 45 minute workout. I have done 30 minute workouts with her where she gives no rests. I really have to be in the mood for her. I would say the instructor that suits my average level of where I want to work without it being super tough, especially in the 45 minute workouts, is Hannah Frankson. She is tough but without the crazy speed. And I am not a fan of crazy speed. Sometimes I like to push harder than she does in the shorter workouts, but her longer ones really suit me. Hope you enjoy your dinner out....and buying some more plants.

Laurie, great workout. I bet the weather this weekend will feel so nice. You may even enjoy your time with those weeds given your long winter. :) I am hoping DH and I can hit the golf course this weekend after spending the last few weeks working on the garden. I think both our bodies could stand a break from yard work, at least for a day. :D

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was great and busy. Dinner was great on Friday and I bought three little annuals from the half dead section for $1 each. These were not half dead! LOL
    On Saturday we did more gardening. I gave my giant fern a major haircut. My back was killing me from standing over it cutting it. We then performed surgery on it by splitting it in half. DH used a hand saw to cut the root ball. In the fall I am giving them a buzz cut so it's not so painful next year. They look nice. Next year I'll put one on either side of our front door.
    I also transplanted my Morning Glory seedlings that for some reason don't want to grow. Three out of the four look good.
    We finally set up the birdbath and the pump didn't work. The seller (from China) is sending a replacement pump because the return window through Amazon had expired. I told DH I'll just order an electric pump. At least the bowl is waterproof.

My workout on Friday was LITE PHA2, stretching.
    Sunday workouts: Gina B. Low Impact Cardio, STS Meso 1, Disk 7: Chest, Shoulders, Biceps and stretching.

We had brunch out on the deck for the first time this season on Sunday. Temps will be in the high 70's - low 80's this week!

Laurie, I'm glad you're having warmer temps too. Great workouts!!

The wind has finally died down. We've had at least 4 days without wind. If the seller from China sends a working solar panel I will use it for the birdbath we'll use in the little pollinator garden. We have these bumble bee looking bees called carpenter bees. Those things are brutal with the wood!

Laurel, great workout on Friday! I hope you and your DH were able to play golf. Our little yard work is done thankfully and right before it gets hot too.

I am bad about sticking with Peloton instructors I like. If there's a Cody workout I will choose that one! I also like to give a new instructor at least once. I can tell you one thing though, I won't be trying an Oivia Amato ride any time soon! LOL. I noticed they offer some classes in Spanish. I am going to try one some day just to hear to learn spinning terminology in Spanish.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    edited May 2021
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very nice weekend. It did rain on Saturday, so I spent that time in my basement sewing. On Sunday after church I got in the beds and pulled some weeds. The nice thing is that the more my ground cover gets going, the less there is to weed. We also went to our friends house and everyone in our friend group was there. It was nice to be outside, even though it was a bit chilly. Our friends that had the get together, informed us that they bought a house in Florida so will be moving. I'm so happy for them, but it will be sad that they are leaving. Good thing that we can facetime them.

My workouts this weekend where RAW Strength Back/Front, Sunday RAW Kickboxing Outside and this morning was 30MTF Super Sculpt W2.

Laurel, Nice job on the workouts! I hope that you where able to get in some golfing this weekend. DH and I did go to the garden center, and got some annual to perk up our planters. I also purchased a new planter, because we had one that wasn't looking that great and I wanted a splash of color instead of the pot that we currently have. At some point this week, I will have to put those in the ground.

Thelma, Great job on your workout! Sounds like a very nice weekend. Glad to hear that you where able to save some annuals, I'm sure that they wouldn't have found a home without you. ;) Sorry to hear about the pump not working. Sounds like a workout for you with that fern. Very nice that you where able to enjoy your deck with brunch. Those bees do not sound like the fat bumble bees that we have. :/ We did find that something is chewing on some of my perennials. It's a good thing that they are just hostas.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was very nice. We had picture perfect weather both days, so Saturday we played golf, and yesterday we did some garden work and enjoyed a nice walk. DH’s last day in his job was Friday, which made for a very relaxed weekend for him. He started his new job this morning.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith’s Cardio HiiT from her Walk Strong 3 series (I used my 1# egg weights for a little extra intensity) followed by 30 minutes of power yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was STS Disc 7/Chest, Shoulders and Biceps followed by Cathe Live Cardio Kickboxing, LI HiiT and Core and the extended lying stretch from the Step Boss series. I used my 1# egg weights again for the cardio.....and that felt heavy after the STS workout!! Today was Lean Legs and Abs with the Bonus Barre segment followed by a 45 minute Peloton spin.

Thelma, great workouts! Sounds like some great work in the garden this weekend. Like you, we enjoyed our breakfast outside yesterday morning. It was so beautiful. I am sorry your pump didn’t work. That must have been disappointing after all the work you put in to the birdbath. I hope they replace it soon. I understand being stuck on Cody for spins! Look at me and Kristin with yoga!! :)

Laurie, great workouts. I am glad you enjoyed your time with friends, but sorry to hear one couple is moving. But we are fortunate to live in an age where we can still ‘see’ people that are thousands of miles away. We visited a new-to-us garden center this weekend, and I consider myself lucky to get away with nothing. I want to put something ‘decorative’ in the new part of the yard we just cleaned up and we were just looking for options to explore. It was a stunning garden center! No doubt we will go back when I make up my mind what I want to do. I bet it felt good doing some work outside this weekend after your long winter.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel