Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Thai cod Fishcake, rice & Thai red onion chilli relish! Mouth still tingling from too much chilli peppers 🌶 🌶🌶 !
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Janatki wrote: »
    Thai cod Fishcake, rice & Thai red onion chilli relish! Mouth still tingling from too much chilli peppers 🌶 🌶🌶 !

That sounds delicious! Would you be willing to share the recipe??
  • Janatki
    eliezalot wrote: »
    Janatki wrote: »
    That sounds delicious! Would you be willing to share the recipe??

I’ll can share the chilli relish as that is the only bit that is homemade☺️🥴

The fishcakes are cod & prawn from Asda, their “extra special range”
    ( Not sure if the equivalent to that is Walmart if you are in the States?
    Walmart brought Asda over here ...if I remember correctly)...
    I’ve tried to make fishcakes in the past, but results have been rubbish!

These are probably a bit pricey, but are usually on offer - buy two packs (2 in each) for £4... I only buy on offer 😬

My Chilli relish recipe is made up, but it works!
    ( I also make it as a sauce to add to cornfloured Tofu & noodles - but as a sauce- bit more water and not as thick as the relish! )

I fry 2 tbsp sesame oil, add a chopped small red onion with 2 garlic cloves and sauté off. Then, approx, 2 cm fresh ginger, then add 1 red chilli to the frying pan, then 1tbs, soy sauce, 1/2 juice 1 lime, vegetable stock cube (made to 125mls, with water), bring to the boil until sauce thickens - heat is quite high to do this and serve with a large handful of fresh coriander on top. Serves about 4.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Today we have chicken fingers for lunch, with barbecue sauce for dipping. Not high cuisine, but it is tasty enough, works with my calories decently, and is the sort of thing I can warm up in two minutes when he goes on break and has time to eat.

Tonight, though, we are having Thai pork skewers with peanut sauce and rice and Thai spinach. Probably it was originally meant to be done with dark meat chicken, but Boyfriend finds that chicken sometimes sticks (he had weight loss surgery) and pork almost never does. The pork tenderloin (nice and lean) was cut up into chunks and frozen in the peanut sauce. Tonight I will take them out and skewer them and grill them, and boil up the peanut sauce to drizzle over them when served, along with some fresh cilantro and a little lime juice to brighten it.
  • Janatki
    edited May 2021
    Homemade beef burger with blue cheese in a crusty bread roll, and a salad with basil oil. Heaven! - lots of beef - 100g lean braising steak and 100g lean sirloin per burger ☺️
    “Boys” have theirs in brioche burger rolls, without the blue cheese, have fried onion and mushrooms with twice fried chunky chips and a salad.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    We went to Chili’s....no margarita, no wine , and no dessert!....I had chicken and shrimp fajitas with no sizzle sauce....ate the tortillas and some toppings but no avacado goo....no rice and only one half cup of the serving of black beans....it was still good without all the extras!
  • eliezalot
    We went to a bbq place for a late lunch with a friend. We ordered a ton of food to share...pork belly sandwich platter, a huge beef rib, and a platter with pulled chicken, pork, and some brisket. And a number of sides. Calorie-wise, I did well! I stopped eating when I was full, had unsweetened iced tea, and focused on the lighter sides and mostly ate the pulled chicken and pork. We also shared se pecan and apple pie for dessert. Didn't exactly stay under my sat fat goals today, but hit my calories. Skipped dinner because we were still so full, and have just a few leftovers for tomorrow still.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,546 Member
    Was hungry when I was out and about so I got a Wendy's baked potato (plain) and topped it with a small chili (and their hot sauce and some black pepper!) Also got some diet root-beer--and I'm sorry but paper straws suck in a bad way! It's a favourite combo for about 600 Cal.

Dumped a 500g compliments roasted veggie bag with the rest of that ziggy chicken-like-thing (yeah... finally done with it after using the 232g!) and dug up some konjac rice (300g) that has been sitting in the fridge... it all went into a pot and it was a very close call between using some classico tomato sauce or getting rid of a short dated extremely light (5 Cal per 15ml, used ~250ml) zesty italian dressing. Given the context I thought it might go well with the rest and konjac can always use a sauce... so I went with the zesty italian which also saved me from having to add oil. Again the whole pot is coming in under 600 Cal.

A bit too successful as in I am full and haven't finished half the pot! Left-overs for when I come back from the dog walk! And I just might end up within calories in spite of having started the day with a bit too much Lindt for breakfast! :lol:
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    edited May 2021
    Made a great soup that has been lunch and dinner all weekend.
    Chorizo, lentil and tomato soup. So good. I've given up meat over the last 6 months or so, and this was the first I'd had for a while, but was totally worth it.
    I found a recipe on the dish website and just adapted it with what I had in the cupboard. Used 1 chorizo sausage, weighed 100g, and 250g split red lentils. It's done 4 meals and there's still about 2 servings left.
  • PAV8888
    Now look who is the inspiration! You're going to cook yourself out of the house with all the heat u generate!!!
  • Janatki
    Sunday roast chicken dinner here - will use leftover chicken and make a stock and risotto for later in week!
  • PAV8888
    Holly whack me Alexandra!!!! Do you do catering?!?!?! :blush:

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,594 Member
    WOW ... you are so very together Alexandra! Your loves are so very lucky. Hope they appreciate you as much as you deserve!
  • conniewilkins56
    I am going to Alexandra’s house....sorry Laurie and Pav!....( except for the lamb! ).... I should make a list of all the food I do not like!....Beer is horrible!....Wendy’s Chili is made with leftover meat patties....I just can’t!....

We are having a huge salad with normal vegetables in it and Public lean ground beef patties....lunch was a Boars Head turkey wrap.....

I was raised in the mid west....our food choices are very basic....meat, potatoes and vegetables!

I love you both but not so much your foods!
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2021
    Leftover meat patties are recycled beef! 👍😂 Recycling is good!!!😇

My dog has yet to complain about anything I've ever for cooked for her!!! 🐕😹

Didn't finish the konjac rice yesterday, so having it today. Plus yogurt and fresh blueberries and one of two boxed cereals mixed in.... at least that's the plan between dog walks and a bit of work.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    If I knew you were coming I'd substitute chicken for lamb, Connie. If it's any comfort, I can't do anyone's chili. It's weird; most of the ingredients by themselves are fine, but combine all and the gut throws a tantrum. (shrugs) I'm a midwestern girl myself, and still am. My partners both grew up in California, so they get their portions heated up with hot peppers and I get mine plain, cause they can take way more heat than I can.

Tonight is chicken a la king on cornbread, which is a pairing I like from childhood. Boyfriend opted to have chicken fingers instead, which is okay. Girlfriend and I will enjoy the chicken a la king.

• conniewilkins56
    I can eat about any type of food , I just don’t like some foods!...you are an excellent cook and organizer!
  • eliezalot
    Tonight I made the salad I've been craving - an Indian-inspired spinach salad with lentils, roasted cauliflower and radishes, and a toasted seed dressing. So much flavor, so much healthy!