Less Alcohol - MAY 2021 - One Day At A Time

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,516 Member
    Very pretty and colorful!! Hope those flowers last awhile into summer... they're lovely!
    Busy here watching over husband cooking some new burmese chicken stir fry. Today we decided to go off the AF plan (he's done great his AF streak, breaking it for today was my idea since it was mid-month). I bought one itty bitty 50ml Hennessey since I can micro-sip that but yukky...I really don't like it and going back to just OJ on ice. Seriously. He's on his 5th IPA so I need to leave now and make sure he doesn't burn dinner or start a fire...LOL.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    @MissMay What kind of flower bushes are those?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    Burmese chicken!!!
    What is in that?
    Any photos?
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,157 Member
    I like that..Eating Well is a Form of Self Respect....I'd agree this applies to everything that is consumed too...

AF to date: 14 AF/ 1 non-AF
    Drinks to date: 3 yesterday, over my limit of 2.
    This leaves me with 1 drink left in my non-AF "bank" for this month.

What happened: Burmese chicken cooked in an outside wok was somewhat burnt and tasted like fish sauce (not my thing), I was mad husband drank too much and fell asleep at the kitchen island...at 7:30pm. I didn't like my one little mini Hennessey bottle, too strong, and feeling mad at him, I mixed myself 2 of his whiskey's with OJ while he was snoozed out. So I had a total of 2.5 drinks (I rounded up to 3)...and what did I get from this irrational behavior...ummm emergency run to the bathroom at midnight....my system sounded off all toxic alarm bells. Thanks to my good liver for doing that- since I woke up feeling pretty good.

I apologized to my husband this morning. I was the one with the bright idea of "let's drink" so I got him started.

Sorry no pix of Burmese chicken! It was so bad I actually had to rinse some it to remove the char.LOL.

Gotta laugh....forgive.....learn....and not repeat insanity :)! Happily back to AF at least through this upcoming week.

oopps I posted that quote in the wrong place! So sorry but I guess it applies to many things. I meant to post it on a weight loss thread I am on!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited May 2021
    Totally get this ... after the first or second it seems harder to stop.

6dw4s6rkz19c.png
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    @MissMay - Thank you for the encouragement. Positive side ... the poor choices might just might be behind me this month and the good choices ahead. Time will tell.

@lmlmrn - It hit me as well ... I put it in the picture folder where my screen savers pick up pictures as a little reminder down the road.

@dawnbgethealthy - Love the progress on your garden! My tomatoes are starting to attract the wildlife (birds and rabbits) ... thinking I need to use some netting like you have in one of the pictures.

@chocolate_owl - I'm in a same but different boat this evening. Heading to a restaurant for book club for the first meeting in a while ... wine will be available if I choose. Not sure if I'll be tempted or if I'll pass. Thinking AF ... we'll see when I report back in tomorrow.