ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thursday 13 May

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh. 😊 Trend. ⬆️

Housework today and don’t spend too much time on my new knitting!

• ZizzyBumble
    @bookmeister86 Your hair looks very nice. Good luck with the house hunt. I think you will know when it’s β€œthe right one”.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Friday 14 May

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh. 😊 Trend. ↔️
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    @bookmeister86 Love the new 'do! Did you donate your hair by any chance? Or isn't that a thing by you?

@Bex953172 Hope you feel better soon!

Recap 5/13 R
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :neutral: 13/14 & 6.6K
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water / NO PEANUT M&Ms :persevere: no evening snack (yay) but still eating on the rhubarb cake w/ butter sauce -379 :p think I need to freeze the rest :( low water day 9c.
    3) Only 3 weeks to due date / more progress on GA-IT :smiley:
    4) Discuss pressure wash & window cleaning estimate w/ hubby :neutral: wait until we get written estimate / get something done around house after work :) few outside chores done & refilled dog food bin
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = Ack! What is my problem lately? Maybe due to back to routine of working in office Mon. - Fri. but bedtime has become a struggle.

JFT 5/14 TGIF
    1) Walked dog 3.62 mi before work, 3 deer watched us & we watched them, saw bunch of turkeys B) happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Food prelogged w/ wiggle room / NO peanut M&Ms / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Keep plugging away GA-IT / Facebook Live 12:00 / update Project Status s/s / submit PRO, PAR & KRONOS s/s
    5) Freeze cake / declutter 15 min. / wash dishes / clean litter box area / review DVR settings / submit receipts to DBS / derm survey / update finance records? other chore?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / meditate / floss / retainers / Voltaren / no alarm Sat.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge / Bellin (virtual) 10K
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,723 Member
    JFT - Wednesday May 12 & Thursday May 13
    1.5L of water - :/ No both days
    Log all Food - :) Yes Wed, :/ No Thursday
    Walk 15 Minutes - :) Yes Wed, :/ No Thursday

JFT - Friday May 14
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 Minutes

I totally missed posting yesterday, just such a busy day. Our new payroll transition is making my brain very tired and I am having trouble engaging in anything by the end of the day. We start our first live payroll on May 30th to be paid on June 18th, the company we are using will assist with the first two runs then I'm on my own. I haven't even finished 1/4 of my education for this. I really need to sit down this weekend and get it done. I also need to take notes so I know what I'm doing.

10K steps, when I was walking my 5K a day on top of regular walking during the I rarely made the 10K. Now that I'm sitting all day at work and not walking outside I'm lucky to make 1000 steps. It sure makes a difference in how I feel though. My biggest issue in counting steps is that I use my phone to track and I often leave my phone sitting and don't take it with me.

@cschmitz110515 - It must not have been comfortable walking past the shooting zone. These shootings are so tragic.

@bookmeister86 - I agree with others, don't settle on the big things especially location. We settled when we bought and I don't think either of us were very happy there. What a difference in your hair length. Mine is quite long now too and in some ways I love it, other ways I'm ready to go short.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    weekly weigh-in 2021 -- every friday

Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old

SW: 195
    1st goal: 185
    2nd goal: 180
    Ultimate goal: 170-175

Word for the year 2021: Consistency

My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic :s
    SW Year 2021:195

Goals for 2021:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2021:
    1. Lose 25 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 170, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    6. To curb and stop nitetime snacking for good.

Weekly weigh-in. I plan on weighing every friday
    SW Friday, Jan 1st: 195.6
    SW: Feb 5: 191.8
    SW: Mar 5: 193
    SW: April 2: 190.4
    SW: May 188

Friday, Jan 8: 194.4 -1.2
    Jan 15: 194.6. +.2 I was down to 193.4 2 days ago .. but this reflects 2 days of mindless eating.
    Jan 22: 191.4 -3.2 5 out of 7 days were good ...
    Jan 29: 194.2 -- this is what happens when I don't track, give into stress and emotional eating. But ... My word for the year is consistency... that means consistently also recording my weight .. and being accountable. So its a new week.. again.
    Feb 5: 191.8 -- trying to get back on track with controlled nite time eating
    Feb 12: 194.3 --- I don't know why, but I can do good for a week, only to blow it the next week. I think the pandemic, the cold dreary weather is leading me to just overeat.
    Feb 19: 194 --- a very small loss, due to 4 days of overeating granola bars and Kind bars.
    Feb 26: 193 -- 5 out of 7 days I did OK, especially with nite time snacking.
    Mar 5: 193 -- stayed the same, but had 2 days of eating icecream and peeps
    Mar 12: 192.6. Started challenge of the rest of the month NO nite time eating at all.
    Mar 19: 190.4 -- 5 out of 7 days NO nite time eating. Goal next week ... 6 our of 7 day no nite time eating, 8+ glasses water @ day.
    March 26: 188.6--- 6 out of 7 days I did good .. no nite time eating. Last nite... food was in control of me. I was so tired, and instead of lying down... I grazed the entire nite. So much that I had trouble sleeping. So while right now my weight is down, I expect it to go up. So next weeks goal is 7 out of 7 days.
    April 2: 190.4 --- not the best week.. but I am still down 5.2 pounds for the first 3 months of this year. So I will look at the positives.
    April 9: 191.2 --- even though I had a OK week, I think eating ham for 3 days .. hoping its just water weight.
    April 16: 187.6 -- a week of more mindful eating, especially in the evenings, plus a lot more exercise with walking and garden work.
    April 23: 187 -- a very small loss, but at least the scale is going in the right direction. I will continue to work on the nite time snacking and emotional eating.
    April 30 188.8 -- got into the ice cream again.I am just 10 pounds before I am in a healthy, normal weight for my height.. but those 10# have been the hardest. I met that goal in 2019 ... trying to get back there.

May 14: 188.0 -- A week of terrible back pain, so I wasn't really watching, or caring what I ate. So happy that I at least did not gain much.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    @bookmeister86 I love your haircut! But I also thought it was pretty long. :) I'm a few months behind in haircuts so mine looks really odd right now since I've been chopping my bangs but my layers are all funky....that and my gray roots are growing out. :mrgreen: I've gotten lazy about it since I no longer get up and go to work.

@cschmitz110515 Carmella, that had to be very emotional viewing the area of the shooting. I could not believe that it happened in our town like that. I heard all the sirens and thought there must be a fire somewhere.

I'm in a virutual Zoom No BS Weightloss Camp this weekend so hopping on quick for a few goals. Didn't have time yesterday.

Just for Saturday:
    Fill out 24H Plan, Assess 24H Plan later, enter every bite in MFP and close diary at end of the day
    64 oz Water
    Be present during camp
    Sort fabric scraps during our breaks
    Eat only when hungry. Stop at "enough".
    Tech-free evening with Tim after camp. Only checking necessary messages and journaling food.
    Evening Routine

2021's Focus: Self-Acceptance

• ZizzyBumble
    Saturday 15 May

As it’s late, I’m going to combine goals and out comes!

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water πŸ‘Ώ
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊 just!
    Weigh. 😊 Trend. ⬇️

I had a nice walk around the local castle and gardens today. Bulbs were going over and azaleas/rhododendron are only beginning to come out. The wild garlic was prolific and unmissable!

• ZizzyBumble
    @mytime6630. I hope your back eases soon and you can catch up on your sleep. Hopefully better sleep will help with the dizziness. 🐝
  • ZizzyBumble
    Sunday 16 May

Posting goals in the morning rather than catching up at bedtime!

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh. 😊 Trend ⬇️
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,298 Member
    Been a little MIA lately. Been busy, but truthfully I’ve just used that as an excuse to let my healthy habits slip.

Today is second day of a huge regatta. The kids are doing well, and seem to be having a good time.

JFT SUNDAY

- log food
    - Stay awake on the drive home
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    Not logged all weekend. Although I don't think ive been over in calories but without logging you never really know!

The cold that the kids caught has now hit me full on. So I'm just so stuffy and constantly coughing and in the morning my chest feels so heavy (tested for Covid - negative)

I'm dreading having to get up earlier in the morning cause of how I feel but I'm sure ill manage. I just don't want to have to do it.
    But I can't ask Ash cause he's had tonsilitus for about 3 weeks and he's still struggling.

Anyway, hope everyone else is good.
    I'll post goals tomorrow if I'm up to it x
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,030 Member

uzv5ct5emeb8.gif

πŸ”ΉWord - Balance
    πŸ”ΉI am in tune with my dreams
    πŸ”ΉI know what is right for me
    πŸ”ΉI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

πŸ”ΉI live in congruence with my authentic self
    πŸ”ΉI am mindful
    πŸ”ΉI am creative every day
    πŸ”ΉI foster positivity
    πŸ”ΉI am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (βœ”οΈSept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    [*] 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    [*] 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    [*] 15 Jan: 145.2
    [*] 22 Jan: 144.9
    [*] 14 Feb: 144.0
    [*] 11 Apr: 142.2
    [*] 1 May: 142.6

UGW: 142 < x > 148βœ…
    • 27 Mar: 144.4
    • 8 April: 143.2
    • 11 April: 142.2 😍
    • Total weight loss: 84.8 ⏫
    Daily Goals:
    Sat: βœ… Sun: βœ… Mon: Tue: Wed: Thu: Fri:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: βœ… 2/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: βœ… 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 β€”>22.6 ⏬
    3. Increase Muscle%: βœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green βœ… 2/7
    5. Steps > 7500 βœ… 2/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 2/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 2/7

Last week I had a bit of a tummy upset which erupted on Friday afternoon. Needless to say, I felt fragile over the weekend, but back to normal this morning. Will try and get caught up with your posts today.

🌷Positive intentions for Mon 17 May:
    • Meditation 🌷
    • Weigh/post weight 🌷
    • Working on 5 year review
    • Outdoor walk
    • Laundry - sort and store βœ…
    • Sorting summer wardrobe
    • Daily Chores 🌷
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Keep up to date with email 🌷
    • Daily goals update 🌷

Feb/March/April/May DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb: 5/5
    Mar: 31/31
    Apr: 30/30
    πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§
    πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§
    πŸ’§πŸ’§

NLNS
    (7 March β€”->) 24/25
    April: 30/30
    May: LNS: I ~|~ ME: 15

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Sunday 16 May

Posting goals in the morning rather than catching up at bedtime!

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh. 😊 Trend ⬇️

• ZizzyBumble
    Monday 17 May

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh. 😊 Trend ⬇️

I’m looking forward to new season English asparagus for dinner 😊
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    JFT 5/17 M
    1) Walked dog 3.84 mi before work on gorgeous spring morning B) happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) NO evening snacking / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) GA-IT complete 11(c)(1) / Facebook Live 12:00 / keep up w/ emails
    5) Prep overnight oats, carrots, celery & water bottles / declutter 15 min. / wash dishes / respond to Clear View / cancel Schwan's? / reserve concert tickets / make grocery list / enroll Breadsmith app
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge / Bellin (virtual) 10K
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,723 Member
    JFT - Monday May 17
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 Minutes

I didn't post on the weekend. Saturday and Sunday Mornings are the only time hubby and I can do any projects together. This Saturday we put up a gazebo and Sunday we just visited out under the new gazebo, its so nice to catch up with him and to visit.

I weighed 192.8 this morning, I am so slowly getting there. I don't think it's too bad since I'm not doing any exercising and very little walking.

@mytime6630 - my physiotherapist said bending and squatting are the two worse things we can do to our back and hips. I'm still noticing the pain if I do it. I hope you heal soon.

@ZizzyBumble - "I had a nice walk around the local castle and gardens today", as my Grandmother used to say "that sounds so posh". I have an active imagine and picture you on a sunny day, out walking among the flowers and grass. It seems so peaceful to me.

@pridesabtch - Hope the team had a great weekend.

@bex953172 - Feel better soon.

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Have had quite a decent few days food wise and hence weight is actually starting to come off which is great.

Weekly weigh in tomorrow so will need to be good today to make sure it's a good one!

I have a little what's app group with two colleagues where we check in on our weight every week for accountability and it's become a little depressing lately as they are both doing really well and are at their target weights or nearly, whereas I've been miles away and going nowhere.... So it will be nice to have a week where I have actually made some progress!

I am in quite a bit of pain today as I did my exercise DVD on Sunday for the first time in several weeks and a run yesterday, and now glutes and legs are complaining a lot. So it's going to be a rest day, however I'm going to get my minimum steps in. I found that my phone has a Fit app which records steps so I've enabled it - to motivate me to move a bit more as I've been aware that I've been very sedentary since WFH all the time and think this has negatively impacted my metabolism. I've set the minimum steps at 5000 for now to start off, ultimately I want to be doing more than this but it's easier to start small and build up I think!

Today's goals:

Log everything I eat
    Be within 100 of green
    No alcohol
    Drink 4 bottles water
    Get 5000 steps