• ladyoftherocks
    ladyoftherocks Posts: 64 Member
    edited April 2021
    This is a great thread:
    Height: 5'6
    Weight: 175
    BMI: 28.2
    Measurements: 40-34-44
    Sizes: after taking my measurements and looking at size charts, according to most charts I should be either a 14 or 16, however all my stuff is either a 12 or 14, and my shirt size is Medium. I did my measurements like 3 times so I feel like they must be right? Right now I have more 12s than 14s and they all fit but I'm admitting to myself that some are more snug than comfortable so I'm buying more size 14 stuff this week to try out (mostly in dresses that are supposed to be fairly form-fitting and DEFINITELY with skirts oh my god skirts are evil). I'm hoping I'll be less self-conscious in the bigger size even though it hurts to buy it.
  • annieu613
    annieu613 Posts: 142 Member
    I'm guessing my body shape is similar to yours. I have an apple shape and almost no defined waist. I also have a large frame, I can't touch my fingers around my wrist.

H: 5'8
    W: 151lb
    Waist: 29.5"
    Size: 8 or 10, Medium
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 865 Member
    34/F
    Height: 5'3"
    Weight: 116-120
    BMI: 20.6
    Sizes: jeans/pants (0), Dress (XS, 0-2), Tops (XS)
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    5'8
    BMI 20.4

Jeans/pants: probably could fit into a 6 in some brands, 8 in others
    Top: Medium for broad shoulders
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    5 foot
    UK size 6
    102 pounds
    BMI 19.9
  • Godlord1488
    Godlord1488 Posts: 37 Member
    5'4
    34A/B-24.5/26"- 34.5/35
    skirt size :0-2/4Us, IT40, FR36/38
    Bmi: IT DOESNT MATTER IT'S A FLAWED SYSTEM

goal size: Perfect 0 all around all brands.
    current size: go between a Gap size 00/0 and a US 4
  • Olafiina
    Olafiina Posts: 14 Member
    edited May 2021
    5'2(and a half, but who's counting?)
    BMI 23-24, Measurements are 33/26/38
    Roughly size 4, sometimes up to a 6-8 in bottoms because I carry all my weight there and a size small at most stores.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    34/F
    Height: 5'3"
    Weight: 116-120
    BMI: 20.6
    Sizes: jeans/pants (0), Dress (XS, 0-2), Tops (XS)

Isn't it interesting how people vary. Same height, weight, BMI. 20 years older. Wear size 4 pants (occasional 2), pretty much XS (sometimes S) in everything else. I probably need to strength train more.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    Women's sizes are ridiculous.

What size do I wear? 8-16 bottoms and 12-20 tops.

Height? 5'5" . Weight, 153. BMI 25.something.

Size? Again, LOL. (Seriously I bought two styles of shorts, in 2 sizes, from 1 company thinking ONE would fit. They are. Exactly. The. Same. Size. Both fit. 12 and 14. Thanks. Really helpful.

Yup, I have two different styles of capris in the SAME SIZE by the SAME MANUFACTURER. One fits; the other is a size too small. Ridiculous.

I'm almost 5'7" with a large frame. I have a friend with is 5'3" with a small frame. My skinny clothes were her fat clothes.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    edited June 2021
    I hate buying clothes online but sometimes attempt it anyway for the possible convenience. I was just looking at capris on Amazon and some comments made me think I should buy a size smaller. But according to the size chart I should buy a size larger. So I bought my regular size. We'll see what happens. There were some Bermuda shorts by the same brand I would have bought today as well if I knew how the sizing was going to work out. However, the sizing for the capris may turn out to have little relevance for the sizing of the shorts.

I have 5 pairs of Danskin Now pants in various styles. Three should be tossed because they are threadbare or full of holes.
    1. Very old capris and newer capris. Same labeled size. Newer ones fit a size smaller. (This is not the same manufacturer as in my last post.)
    2. Very old leggings and newer leggings. Same labeled size as each other, but a labeled size bigger than the capris. Both fit.
    3. Bermuda shorts. Same labeled size as the capris that fit, but too big.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    I've realized I can't even trust the same products within the same brands.

I already responded, but again have a BMI of 20.2 and 5'8. Able to fit in some size 4 shorts in Old Navy, size 6 in others if they're more fitted in the butt and thigh. But then they shrink if dried.

Bought some size 4 and 6 shorts from New York & Company online. The size 6 bermuda "nice" shorts" were a bit big, but the size 4 bermuda jean shorts seemed to be even bigger!
  • IllustriousBee
    IllustriousBee Posts: 70 Member
    I always like threads like these because it really puts it into perspective how clothing size means nothing.
    I'm 4'10"
    CW 98.8lbs
    BMI 20.6
    My fave jeans brand is Miss Me, and I'm a size 24, which is comparable to a 00. Those fit me perfectly. However, I have some jeans in other brands and they range from 00 to 3. So...women's clothing size means nothing.
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    24.8 BMI
    149.0lbs
    5'5"
    Most commonly womens size 8 but as I get closer to 145.0lbs My clothes get to big. Right now they fit easily no craming in the rolls if you know what I mean.
  • blobbienomore
    blobbienomore Posts: 6 Member
    I'm a definite pear shape and am always a size bigger on bottom. I'm tall too - 5'10". Not sure of BMI but I've been as low as 120lbs and was a UK size 10 on top, 12 on bottom. I was unhealthily thin then, and disappointed that I was still such a big size. My hips and shoulders will never shrink, lol.
    My best/healthiest weight was 150lbs and UK size 12 top, 14 bottom.
    Right now I'm 230lbs and UK size 18 on top, size 20 on bottom, BMI of around 34 I think. :disappointed: