10 pounds in three months

2»

Replies

• happyness4me
    happyness4me Posts: 58 Member
    I am donna from the Midwest USA. I am 61 years old, a cancer survivor, a mother of 4 and a grandmother of 6. I am Type 2 diabetic. I did well for awhile about 2 years ago but have relapsed pretty bad. I need to get it together and start making some progress. I am okay with baby steps or giant leaps forward, whatever it takes. . I just need to see start going in the right direction. I have other challenges in my life as well, but I want to stop letting them define me. I weigh on the 1st and last day of every month for a full month’s progress. I also weigh on Monday’s based on the starting date listed on the challenge. Let’s do this!

Starting Weight on MFP: 253
    Current Weight: 208.8
    Goal Weight: 153.0 (or thereabouts)
    Goal for this challenge: 198.8
    Actual end of challenge weight: xxx

May 10: 208.8
    May 17: 206.8 Nice progress so far. A celebration yesterday so I’m glad I managed to keep it somewhat under control.
    May 24:
    May 31:

May Loss:

June 01:
    June 07:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    June 30:

June Loss:
    Accumulated Loss so far:

July 01:
    July 07:
    July 14:
    July 21:
    July 28:
    July 31:

July Loss:
    Accumulated Loss so far:

Aug 01:
    Aug 04:
    Aug 10:

August Loss:
    Total Loss for Challenge:

Welcome! Great job so far, keep it up!
  • natureyogalady
    natureyogalady Posts: 4 Member
    Hi All!
    Hope your Monday weather is as good as mine in Upstate NY! This week has been pretty good. I usually have one weekend day/week that I don’t log in. I don’t go crazy that day, I just relax a bit more. It helps me stay on track the other 6 days. Let’s see if that keeps working…. 😬 Here’s my weigh in info:

Starting date= 5/10/2021

Starting Weight= 150.6 lbs.

Goal weight= 140 lbs. (maybe 138) by 8/10/2021

Week 1: 5/17/2021 weight= 149.6 lbs.

Weight lost to date= 1.2 lbs.

😊
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 855 Member
    Today went well. Got out for 3 mile walk before getting called into work. Going to go to bed early to avoid snacking tonight. I met my goal of drinking more water then Diet Coke. Nice work everyone.
  • energyseeker
    Good morning!
    Worked a 12 hour shift yesterday. 9500 steps and not much time to eat. Met my goal of drinking more water then Diet Coke. Reminding myself throughout the day of why I need to monitor what I fuel my body with and importance of hydration.
    I need to do more meal planning so I have quick meal options for breakfast when I work (6 am start) and packed lunch.
    Have a great day. Kim
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Weight was trending down 1 lb after a quick drop and evening out. But today I'm back where I started. My plan is to just stop touching the foods that have been triggering these failures. After succeeding and maintaining for almost two years, I thought I was beyond this and could finally moderate all the things. Well, I have to re-learn moderation I guess, and for me this always starts with a short term elimination. Didn't want to be back in this place but, oh well, time to do what I have to do!
  • energyseeker
    You got this! @Niki_Fitz One of my comfort foods is ice cream. I think I’m going to buy those no sugar added fudgesicles for a occasional treat (only 40 calories and chocolatey.)
  • happyness4me
    Niki_Fitz wrote: »
    Weight was trending down 1 lb after a quick drop and evening out. But today I'm back where I started. My plan is to just stop touching the foods that have been triggering these failures. After succeeding and maintaining for almost two years, I thought I was beyond this and could finally moderate all the things. Well, I have to re-learn moderation I guess, and for me this always starts with a short term elimination. Didn't want to be back in this place but, oh well, time to do what I have to do!

I'm in the same boat as you. And I feel like this seems so much harder than the first time. In fact I've failed multiple times trying to lose this 10 pounds.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,642 Member
    I am Donna from the Midwest USA. I am 61 years old, a cancer survivor, a mother of 4 and a grandmother of 6. I am Type 2 diabetic. I did well for awhile about 2 years ago but have relapsed pretty bad. I need to get it together and start making some progress. I am okay with baby steps or giant leaps forward, whatever it takes. . I just need to see start going in the right direction. I have other challenges in my life as well, but I want to stop letting them define me. I weigh on the 1st and last day of every month for a full month’s progress. I also weigh on Monday’s based on the starting date listed on the challenge. Let’s do this!

May 17: 206.8 Nice progress so far. A celebration yesterday so I’m glad I managed to keep it somewhat under control.
    May 24: 210.8 4 pounds in one week! Can you tell my daughter and DGS moved back in? It will be difficult separating meals. Traveling today. The car sitting and restaurant meals won’t help the situation. I’ll try to choose wisely but tomorrow I will be in focus for sure.
    May 31:

May Loss:
    Accumulated Loss so far:

June 01:
    June 07:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    June 30:

June Loss:
    Accumulated Loss so far:

July 01:
    July 07:
    July 14:
    July 21:
    July 28:
    July 31:

July Loss:
    Accumulated Loss so far:

Aug 01:
    Aug 04:
    Aug 10:

August Loss:
  • energyseeker
    Weight down 1.5 #. Must be all the extra hours I’m picking up at work because my food choices not so good past couple days. Off next two days. If weather cooperates I should be able to get more outdoor walking in.
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Hi I would love to join this challenge. My starting weight was 184, current weight is 171. Goal weight is 125 so I have a long road ahead of me. Taking it one day at a time and losing slow. Hoping for more than 10 pounds by August but would be happy with it. I could also use friends on here if anyone would like to add me. Good luck everyone!
  • deepwoodslady
    I am Donna from the Midwest USA. I am 61 years old, a cancer survivor, a mother of 4 and a grandmother of 6. I am Type 2 diabetic. I did well for awhile about 2 years ago but have relapsed pretty bad. I need to get it together and start making some progress. I am okay with baby steps or giant leaps forward, whatever it takes. . I just need to see start going in the right direction. I have other challenges in my life as well, but I want to stop letting them define me. I weigh on the 1st and last day of every month for a full month’s progress. I also weigh on Monday’s based on the starting date listed on the challenge. Let’s do this!

May 24: 210.8 4 pounds in one week! Can you tell my daughter and DGS moved back in? It will be difficult separating meals. Traveling today. The car sitting and restaurant meals won’t help the situation. I’ll try to choose wisely but tomorrow I will be in focus for sure.
    May 31: 206.4 Thankfully back down from last weeks weight.

May Loss: (from challenge start) 2.4 lb Down
    Accumulated Loss so far: 2.4 lbs Down

June 01:
    June 07:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    June 30:

June Loss:
    Accumulated Loss so far:

July 01:
    July 07:
    July 14:
    July 21:
    July 28:
    July 31:

July Loss:
    Accumulated Loss so far:

Aug 01:
    Aug 04:
    Aug 10:

August Loss:
  • deepwoodslady
    th?id=OIP.FiJht9-4eSq9U8_CfwvB5wAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=257&h=182

For all who Celebrate on this day in the US. Always we will remember....
  • deepwoodslady

June 01: 205.6 Progress! And for that I am grateful!
    June 07:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    June 30:

June Loss:
    Accumulated Loss so far:

July 01:
    July 07:
    July 14:
    July 21:
    July 28:
    July 31:

July Loss:
    Accumulated Loss so far:

Aug 01:
    Aug 04:
    Aug 10:

August Loss:
  • happyness4me
    Sorry everyone, life for super busy for me the last couple of weeks. I went ahead and did a weigh in today, here's where I'm at:

Starting weight= 130.6 lbs

Starting date= 5/10/2021

Goal weight= 120.6 lbs

Goal date= 8/10/2021

Weekly progress (Mondays)

5/17/21= 129.0
    5/24/21=
    5/31/21=

May loss=

6/4/21= 127.6
    6/7/21=
    6/14/21=
    6/21/21=
    6/28/21=

June loss=

7/5/21=
    7/12/21=
    7/19/21=
    7/26/21=

July loss=

8/2/21=
    8/9/21=
    8/10/21=

3 month loss=
  • deepwoodslady

June 07: 204.2 Improvement. Looking to keep up the momentum.
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    June 30:

June Loss:
    Accumulated Loss so far:

July 01:
    July 07:
    July 14:
    July 21:
    July 28:
    July 31:

July Loss:
    Accumulated Loss so far:

Aug 01:
    Aug 04:
    Aug 10:

August Loss:
  • samgibbs30
    samgibbs30 Posts: 16 Member
    Could I join please I need to loose a stone I’ve lost 2 since last week but need some motivation and help
  • happyness4me
    samgibbs30 wrote: »
    Could I join please I need to loose a stone I’ve lost 2 since last week but need some motivation and help

Yes, please join 😃
  • deepwoodslady

June 07: 204.2 Improvement. Looking to keep up the momentum.
    June 14: 201.8 An exceptionally low weight today due to very low calorie yesterday. However, I have been running in the low 203’s which is a loss this week. Will this 201 hold? We shall see!
    June 21:
    June 28:
    June 30:

June Loss:
    Accumulated Loss so far:

July 01:
    July 07:
    July 14:
    July 21:
    July 28:
    July 31:

July Loss:
    Accumulated Loss so far:

Aug 01:
    Aug 04:
    Aug 10:

August Loss:
  • deepwoodslady
    Welcome to all the Newbies. I'm so glad to see you all here. Lets do this!
  • deepwoodslady
    No other comments in a full week. I guess that means the challenge is closed and I am out. Best wishes to anyone who happens to check this page.