What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    EZ long run today. Some road, but mostly a trail run along a river. Just over 9.5 miles, 1:35:00 time. Pool work was a round of 500's focused on various stroke elements, catch, pull, kick, etc, leading to a race pace final 500. 2500 total.

Looking forward to a group ride with tri club friends tomorrow.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    Ran 10k, minus about 600m walking, plus about 220 meters extra because my Garmin watch has worse tracking than my phone, and I wanted to have 10k on both. :D
  • Wassim45
    Wassim45 Posts: 2 Member
    16 km on my road bike and 5 km walking 😎
    Taking it easy today 😌
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Just a row as bow in the double, little less than 7k (no specific # because I forgot to turn on the Garmin until a few hundred meters into the row 🙄).
  • KelBlundell
    KelBlundell Posts: 47 Member
    One hour kickboxing this morning plus 1m walk there and 1m back.
    Tonight:
    Dumbbell squat
    Alternate dumbbell lunge
    Superman's
    Mountain climbers
    Russian twists
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    3.6 mile run in a light drizzle - loved it. Probably do some stretching and rolling for the second workout later today.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    One hour rowing machine. 12.2K meters. Have to row a half marathon before the end of the month. That's 21.1K. I might stuggle with just finishing it.
  • Djproulx
    Put in a second long weekend training effort and felt pretty good about it. Plan called for a 2:45-3 hour ride, followed immediately by a quick transition run of up to 30 minutes. Joined two tri club friends who are training for the same race and headed out. We had a slowish start on a local bike path, having to avoid pedestrians for the first few miles, then we peeled off and onto the roads for the rest. Really felt good to settle into aero position and work together to push a 20-22mph pace for several extended blocks of time. Got a little wind and rain, which helped cool us off. Rode for 48.8 miles at a 16mph overall pace during the 3 hour ride.

I've been focused on dialing in nutrition and hydration while on the bike. Goal was to consume over half the calories expended on the ride, in order to avoid being too depleted when starting the run. I consumed two bottles of Maurten drink mix (320&320) plus two waffles (140+ 140) so 920 total intake calories, offsetting more than half the 1622 calories burned during the ride. (per my power meter measurement) . I also consumed a bottle of Precision Hydration electrolyte mix, giving me extra sodium, etc. The end result was that after the first half mile of the run, I found my legs and my energy was good. Enjoyed a relaxed 10:15 pace for thirty minutes and finished knowing that I had more gas in the tank.

Rest day tomorrow, then we start a final four weeks of build plus one week of taper to race day.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    Good luck with the half marathon, Mike!

Thursday
    An hour of yoga, followed by a rest day. (I managed 15,000 steps so wasn't completely sedentary.)

Friday
    90 minutes bouldering in an average session. I got one new route graded v4, although I suspect it's actually v2-ish. It is very long, out of a cave, with a deadpoint for the crux. But it is jugs the whole way.

Saturday
    Hangboarding. My first session in a while, I was weak.

Sunday
    Squats, 3 sets of 5, 80kgs
    Deadlift, 3 sets if 5, 100kgs.
    12 mile walk in pouring rain.
  • AnnPT77
    Sunday's supposed to be rest day, but one of my elder orphans groups (yes, really) had a picnic at a big metropark that has nice bike/walk trails around the lake system that's the park's centerpiece, so I took my bike, rode (I think) pretty much the whole basic loop (got slightly lost briefly so I'm not 100% sure). Garmin says 18.93mi, which was (of course) on the sturdy hybrid bike.

It was lovely, perfect weather (sunny to lightly cloudy, temp close to 70F), clusters of Dogwood trees in bloom here and there, and the obnoxious, awful, invasive Honeysuckle bushes that are now everywhere (including in the park) line the paths along most stretches, are blooming, smell absolutely wonderful. All kinds of birds, including swans and other waterfowl out on the lakes (with recent hatchlings), people sailing, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, paddleboarding, riding horses, swinging on swings, inline skating . . . you name it. (I got hissed at, up close, by a Canada Goose.)

Wholesome, and fun.
  • Djproulx
    Mowing the lawn. Saved it for rest day. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    I train one body part a day.

Shoulders- Machine shoulder press, dumbbell side laterals, leaning side cable laterals, cable facepulls, seated rear laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6 for each exercise.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • dethstar77
    A nice lunch time stroll.. badminton later today...
  • MikePfirrman
    One hour of cardio today. 30 minutes on the rower, then 30 on the LateralX. Rooftop yoga tonight. Tuesday's class (my regular class) was cancelled, so we're going this evening. Really lovely streak of weather we're having here in Tucson without it being too hot -- 80 degrees or so this evening.

Just keeping the fingers crossed for tomorrow. Some clouds without precipitation -- that's potentially bad news in wildfire country, because all it takes is one dry lightning and everything goes up pretty quickly. Now until late July is our really dry season.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited May 2021
    Climbing!

It was possibly my best ever session - I went on a sending spree. I normally do slab for bits of the session to lower the pump; I did way more caves and overhangs than usual. The downside was that I did get pumped more quickly than the usual, so only lasted 75 minutes.
  • AnnPT77
    * 8663m rowing bow in the double. We rowed upstream past the bridge to see the baby swans, still quite tiny. My double partner was able to count them on Saturday (7 babies) when she rowed with another friend, but they were milling around today too much to count, so we don't know if all 7 still survive.
    * Walked 5.14mi, 3.5mph average speed. Deliberately slow, babying the worse of my bad knees today.
    * 34' of the usual recent upper-body conditioning/strength stuff, mostly dumbbells.
  • Irfan_Ali
    Irfan_Ali Posts: 13 Member
    So I'm back to the gym after fasting for the last 30 days, I did try and go during and got a few workouts in but am very surprised at how fit I still am

I amazingly managed to run a mile in 4m 12 secs and ran a whole 5k in 17m 10secs,

Thought it was a fluke or a Garmin miscalibration but I've done it twice now

Time to up my strength training and get ready for Tough Mudder
  • MikePfirrman
    edited May 2021
    Irfan_Ali wrote: »
    So I'm back to the gym after fasting for the last 30 days, I did try and go during and got a few workouts in but am very surprised at how fit I still am

I amazingly managed to run a mile in 4m 12 secs and ran a whole 5k in 17m 10secs,

Thought it was a fluke or a Garmin miscalibration but I've done it twice now

Time to up my strength training and get ready for Tough Mudder

My guess would be a miscalibration on the mile at least. 4:10 would put you close to elite for a university track athlete. And they work every single day at getting faster. I could see the 17 minute 5K perhaps if you were a strong runner before. My son, who is currently in terrible shape for him, can run a 5 minute mile any time he wants (he was a star wrestler and soccer player but could have ran track as well in high school).

Either way, you should do great on your Tough Mudder.
  • dethstar77
    Boot camp today morning.. probably an evening walk or some stretching exercises in the evening
  • idontcarroll
    idontcarroll Posts: 216 Member
    Yesterday was jump rope, chest, shoulders and tris.

Today is going to be an active rest day!