Accountability Buddy

Replies

• jamieilers346
    jamieilers346 Posts: 6 Member
    I loathe technology. I don't know how to respond to each message 😕

As for sweet tooth: I love sugar and wine and all that. I have no self control. But for lots of reasons I decided to stop sugar and carbs and ofcourse wine and see how I am. Surprisingly, by eating the protein and veges, stir fry, baked/grilled in the oven or barbecue and eating strawberries and banana at times and drinking tea and lots and lots of water has for whatever reason kept me off the sweets. There is wine at my house. But, I am able to look at it and keep going. I do find I eat almonds a lot. I need to cut back on it. I'm sharing about what im doing in the hopes that it may possibly work for you. I want you to know that eating this way has somehow lessend my sugar cravings. If I can do it, you can too!
    I need to stop weighing every day. At first it was great cos the weight was decreasing. Now that it's stopped or increasing it just isn't nice. Yes, my clothes fit better. But I really want to look great for a wedding in August if if it happens with all this Covid.

Because I'm short it isn't nice seeing all this fat on me.

Will I ever move based on what im doing?

There's a button on my phone that says "quote. When you click it, it quotes the message you want to respond to. 😊
  • abigailetches
    abigailetches Posts: 20 Member

[/quote]

There's a button on my phone that says "quote. When you click it, it quotes the message you want to respond to. 😊[/quote]

This is just a test!
  • abigailetches
    Yey, it worked! Thanks jamieilers346!
  • Anewbody2021
    Anewbody2021 Posts: 22 Member
    Anyone add me!

• sneakygirl40
    sneakygirl40 Posts: 4 Member
    One of the things that I have found immensely helpful in keeping me on track is a habit tracker. I daily keep track of 30min walk/bike, minimum 6000 steps, logging blood sugar, drank minimum of 60 oz of water, logged food and exercise, sleep at least 7 hrs, etc. There is alot to keep track of and by tracking it its easier to see progress. Lack of sleep and water can easily undermine weight loss according to a nutrition coach I worked with. Plus it's fun to color in.
  • abigailetches
    One of the things that I have found immensely helpful in keeping me on track is a habit tracker. I daily keep track of 30min walk/bike, minimum 6000 steps, logging blood sugar, drank minimum of 60 oz of water, logged food and exercise, sleep at least 7 hrs, etc. There is alot to keep track of and by tracking it its easier to see progress. Lack of sleep and water can easily undermine weight loss according to a nutrition coach I worked with. Plus it's fun to color in.

Isn't that a lot of work? ie. time to log all that data?

I went for 2 walks and did the elliptical. Yesterday, for Mother's Day I did have 3 glasses of wine and some cake. I don't feel guilty. But, I do want to increase my activity level if I can to counteract my indulgence yesterday.

Happy Belated Mother's Day to all moms!
  • sneakygirl40
    sneakygirl40 Posts: 4 Member
    It would be except I am tracking all but food and water in the fitbit app. They added glucose monitoring so I don't have to use another app. MFP and fitbit talk to each other so my food and water show up too. I started slow doing 15 on the bike and built up to 30 minutes 5 days a week. I was planning a big photo hike and knew I needed to increase activity. I met my goal and was able to complete the trip without feeling like I killed myself.

Definitely don't feel guilty. It was mother's day and all moms deserve to have wine and cake. I had pizza last week which is one of the foods I miss most. I am allergic to dairy and cheese is an addiction.

Walking/hiking is great for the soul. I had forgotten how much I missed getting outdoors.
  • diddlywiddly
    diddlywiddly Posts: 26 Member
    I'm a buddy to all, add me.. anyone add me!
  • abigailetches
    Did some yoga and went for a walk. How is everyone doing? Wonder if I can pin this particular group so I don't need to scroll and scroll to find it. If anyone knows how, please share. Let's do this
  • abigailetches
    Actually, I just bookmarked this. Just figured it out!
  • veronicav353
    veronicav353 Posts: 1 Member
    I’d like to be an accountability buddy with any of you. Message me because I’d like to start a dialogue. Thank you
  • abigailetches
    Hello everyone,
    Wondering where everyone is at. Yesterday I was starting to lose motivation. Could have reached out to you all I guess. So far I've gone for 2 walks and done the elliptical. How about everyone else?
  • Bunski
    Bunski Posts: 27 Member
    Good afternoon all! I'm really active on here and I'm always looking for new friends to keep me honest and motivated! Feel free to add me!
  • EimearTheDreamer4
    EimearTheDreamer4 Posts: 49 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm picking MFP up again after a hiatus of... two years? (Oops!) I'm 27, an avid crochet-er and a substantially less avid runner, which I'm working on getting better at. Some fellow carb-lovers to commiserate with and keep each other accountable would be wonderful!
  • kimcakes
    kimcakes Posts: 2 Member
    I would love an accountability partner or group. I’m really struggling with staying on track. One week I do great, the next I’m self sabotaging. I would really like to break the cycle.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Kimberly. I’m a momma to a two year old and happily married. I’m hoping to find true friends that I can be completely open with my struggles and with my journey.
  • abigailetches
    Should I go for a walk?
  • abigailetches
    Ok. Going to make myself do it!
  • abigailetches
    Has this ship been abandoned? What's happening?
  • AZrising
    AZrising Posts: 58 Member
    I’m definitely looking to build up some new support buddies and push each other and help find that motivation. Feel free to send me an add!
  • bhurley100
    bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
    edited May 2021

Wow, I LOVE this! I admit I am a pen and paper kind of person even tho many apps will track everything you put in. I'm going to give this a try actually. Thanks for sharing!