Myfitnesspal

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Premium my fitness pal

whocares2018whocares2018 Member Posts: 25 Member Member Posts: 25 Member
Just wondering who is using the free version and who is using the paid version of this app?
Are your weight losses the same/ different?
I’m just curious
edited May 20

Replies

• LietchiLietchi Member Posts: 2,747 Member Member Posts: 2,747 Member
    I'm using the free version. The paid version really doesn't offer anything I need anyway, so I doubt it would have changed my weight loss success.

Some people might be more inclined to stick with something if they've paid for it?
  • DeterminedDivaMNDeterminedDivaMN Member, Premium Posts: 20 Member Member, Premium Posts: 20 Member
    I'm trialing the Premium version because I hate seeing ads. :)
  • IwannabeapunkrockmomIwannabeapunkrockmom Member Posts: 61 Member Member Posts: 61 Member
    I'm using the free version. It has everything I need. I do pay extra for Fitbit premium though and just use mfp to log my food and track my carbs and protein. I just try to vaguely get in a certain window. But I'm no fitness guru. I have lost 40 pounds, but still have like 20-30 pounds to go.
  • DancingMoosieDancingMoosie Member Posts: 7,581 Member Member Posts: 7,581 Member
    I lost all.my weight using the free version. Never missed whatever you had to pay for.
  • lmf1012lmf1012 Member Posts: 405 Member Member Posts: 405 Member
    I use the free version, it has everything I need. I am down 15lbs in about 7 weeks.
  • AmyE26AmyE26 Member, Premium Posts: 36 Member Member, Premium Posts: 36 Member
    I use the premium version because the adds were getting on my nerves
  • FABRICWOMANFABRICWOMAN Member Posts: 537 Member Member Posts: 537 Member
    I am planning on turning "OFF" the premium when my service date is up. I can skip around the advertisements until they get on my nerves.
  • poisonessepoisonesse Member Posts: 484 Member Member Posts: 484 Member
    I've used the free version since 2016, reached goal, and you don't need premium to get the most out of the site. However, before you decide you might want to check how many of your friends have problems/glitches with MFP. To be honest, there is no WAY I would pay to use this site, I never know if I'll even be able to close my day... or read my feeds... or log food... or log IN! The site is just too undependable.
  • DarlaJL82DarlaJL82 Member, Premium Posts: 57 Member Member, Premium Posts: 57 Member
    I use premium. I'm logging on the go and don't have patience for ads to load. I have alot less glitches with the app since I pay for it now. Maybe the ads affect how well it works. Besides paying for it does make me more diligent about using it. The more you faithfully use it. The more likely your sucess.
  • BrightEyedAgainBrightEyedAgain Member, Premium Posts: 77 Member Member, Premium Posts: 77 Member
    I use the premium version because I like being able to set my own macros. The MFP defaults don't work for me at all--too high carb, not enough protein and fat. So, with the Premium version, I set mine to (30C/35P/35F). I actually shoot for thirds on everything, but this is close enough. That ratio gives me just enough structure to insure my nutrition without making me feel hungry or deprived or anything. I can coast happily at my calorie level and still lose consistently. Being able to set the macros was worth the price of the Premium to me. I also like that the Premium lets you track Net Carbs as well, and lets you tailor your days if you want.
    edited May 17
    I use the premium version because I like being able to set my own macros. The MFP defaults don't work for me at all--too high carb, not enough protein and fat. So, with the Premium version, I set mine to (30C/35P/35F). I actually shoot for thirds on everything, but this is close enough. That ratio gives me just enough structure to insure my nutrition without making me feel hungry or deprived or anything. I can coast happily at my calorie level and still lose consistently. Being able to set the macros was worth the price of the Premium to me. I also like that the Premium lets you track Net Carbs as well, and lets you tailor your days if you want.

You can change your macro percentages in the free version, you need premium to set them in exact grams vs percent.
  • BrightEyedAgainBrightEyedAgain Member, Premium Posts: 77 Member Member, Premium Posts: 77 Member
    Thanks, that's good to know. I paid up front for a year because I wanted that commitment for myself, but I'll keep this in mind for when I renew. I hate ads, though, so I'll probably just renew.
  • jenilla1jenilla1 Member Posts: 11,114 Member Member Posts: 11,114 Member
    I've been here on FREE MFP for over 10 years now, successfully losing the first year and then maintaining ever since. The paid version is totally unnecessary, IMO. But if you like little extras, and you don't mind blowing the money, then go for it and get the Premium. But IMO, having premium isn't going to make you lose weight. That's on you.
    Thanks, that's good to know. I paid up front for a year because I wanted that commitment for myself, but I'll keep this in mind for when I renew. I hate ads, though, so I'll probably just renew.

I hear ya on the ads though they only really bother me on the computer website when I’m trying to click somewhere specific and the ad loads pushing the rest of the page down and I end up clicking the wrong thing.