Feeling discouraged

I've maintained a 500 cal deficit for 35 days and do 2 hours physical activity (1 hour walking/cycling and 1 hour yoga/HIIT/free weights) 4-5 days a week but I've yet to make any progress in pounds or measurements.

Am I doing something wrong?

The app says I should have lost 10lbs by now (and obviously I take this with a grain of salt) but I just feel like I should be seeing some progress :/

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    How much are you trying to lose? Do you use a food scale to weigh everything? Do you pick the correct entries from the database? A lot of them are wrong.
  • Lhenderson923
    Lhenderson923 Posts: 102 Member
    Everything said above. If you’re not weighting all your food, I highly recommend it. It’s the only way to know how much you’re eating. Are you eating back exercise calories? If you are, are you possibly overestimating the calories burned? Don’t get discouraged!!
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    So I can't eat back my exercise calories or I shift to maintenance. I power walk 5miles a day and eat 1720 calories. I used to eat back the exercise calories and it ruined my progress. I also discovered you must weigh and measure as well as remembering sauces, seasonings, cooking oil and extra nibbles in the kitchen.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    I've maintained a 500 cal deficit for 35 days and do 2 hours physical activity (1 hour walking/cycling and 1 hour yoga/HIIT/free weights) 4-5 days a week but I've yet to make any progress in pounds or measurements.

Am I doing something wrong?

The app says I should have lost 10lbs by now (and obviously I take this with a grain of salt) but I just feel like I should be seeing some progress :/

Your caloculation is off somewhere. you should have lost 5lbs as 1lbs equals 3500 calories.
    Have you lost nothing at all? Have you gained? What are your weights from week to week?
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    I am sorry you are feeling discouraged, I would be too! I know it is easy to miscalculate on the tracker. Still..know that if you are making healthy food choices and excersizing, you are making important health improvements and, at the end of day, that's the goal. There are so many ways to measure health and weight is just one of them. Have you taken your measurements?
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    I have been here, and it does feel discouraging! Weight loss is extremely slow for me, and I have to give myself alot of time to reach even small milestones. A "turtle" is what I am! 🐢 Hang in there and know that dedication to your goals will lead you where you want to be.
  • ryan_powerlifter
    ryan_powerlifter Posts: 115 Member
    Do you take progress pictures? The scale only tells a portion of the story. Progress pictures are the best way to go. I personally take progress pictures every month. I have had it where I gained weight on the scale but was much leaner in my pictures from the prior months.