High protein vegetarian meals

Vjmikesell
Vjmikesell Posts: 36 Member
I e been having trouble hitting my protein goals here lately. Looking for some high protein vegetarian (and dairy free) meal ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    I hit 100+ grams of protein today dairy free vegetarian - that did include eggs (not sure if you eat them) and a scoop of Vega protein powder (20 g). Breakfast was two eggs, gallo pinto (rice and beans) and sauteed spinach - I have found having eggs and beans at breakfast gives my protein for the day a boost. Lunch was whole wheat toast with peanut butter and a strawberry, chia seed and protein powder smoothie, and 15 g roasted pumpkin seeds. Dinner was brown lentil and vegetable stew.
  • joshuabennett1893
    joshuabennett1893 Posts: 38 Member
    I tried homemade crispy chic peas last night, it's good snake and has a lot of protein.
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    I buy the premier protein drinks (30 g of protein and 160 calories). I then max a smoothie with them. I mix the chocolate with a frozen banana and it is like ice cream! so good!
  • Rimtimtim
    Rimtimtim Posts: 21 Member
    edited May 2021
    Your protein goal is really high, 162g with a 1600-something calorie goal. And you're over 70 g most days I've seen in your diary.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    sarah7591 wrote: »
    I buy the premier protein drinks (30 g of protein and 160 calories). I then max a smoothie with them. I mix the chocolate with a frozen banana and it is like ice cream! so good!

Just a quick note. The Premier Protein shakes I've seen with 30 grams of protein are not dairy-free (the OP mentioned wanting dairy-free). They do have milk. There might be other options I'm not aware of.

I have used some other plant-based protein shakes to make smoothies. I struggle with getting enough protein, too, and this helps. :)
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    My diary is open and is all vegan and high protein x