NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @TeresaW1020 The potatoes were really good as was the prime rib. I was really hungry and totally forgot my plan! :( Sounds like you had a great workout. Fingers crossed for the 1.5 lbs by Friday!

@cbabie That's good you got on the treadmill and your husband supervised lol. Aww, that's cute about baby girl! Those potatoes WERE yummy. Yeah, heartburn is the worst and I'd never had it as I had it on Sunday, it was in my upper abdomen and just felt different. Thanks for your support. <3 I promise if I feel I need help, I'll get it. Yeah, I had plans on how to keep the scale from going the wrong way but I totally forgot about those plans when I saw that prime rib and potatoes! LOL

Hi all. I got on the spin bike yesterday and attended a WW meeting. Hopefully, that helps negate the impact of dinner. :/ Here's a picture, btw. It was super good. I made homemade horseradish cream sauce. I drank a lot of water yesterday, I got a new 64 oz bottle and I drank almost two of those. Tonight, we are eating a 0 pt dinner: Curry-Lime Chicken Salad over lettuce. Hopefully, that helps, too.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

25mzwc71zo5o.jpg
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Afternoon, I ate horrible last night. I couldn't stop and I think I had my old habit of eating to stay awake. UGH..so back at it today. Not getting my walk in it seems..it's a busy day. but I will monitor my steps. LOL

@trooworld food looks yummy. Great job getting on spin bike.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @trooworld Is it possible you have gallstones? Those potatoes look good. Great job on the bike.

@cbabie So what can you do instead to keep you awake? Coffee Tea. Or go to bed and get some sleep

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld My plan to do more PT exercises is to do them at a certain time. My sil is here visiting for 3 weeks so I'm a little distracted right now. I'm trying to put my health first though and excuse myself to do my exercise.

@teresaw1020 Barking dogs. NOT! you are doing so well on keeping up with your movement and food.

@cbabie Yaaaay on the treadmill. Did you track your nibbles? Everything counts. Yes, I have lots of karma coming my way with my kids.

Yellow Day-Over on carbs
    Movement: None
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Today's a new day, just start over with the next bite. <3 Hugs.

@theslightedgeforever No, they checked on that too. They said I might have a UTI, they had to send out the culture, and that could have caused it but I haven't had it since Sunday so I'm thinking it really was just heartburn caused not really by what I ate but by being upset about the day. Those potatoes were good. That's a good idea to do your PT exercises at a certain time. Are you going to put them on your calendar? I hope you have fun with your SIL.

Hi all. I'm just plugging along here through the week. Had a nice chicken curry salad over lettuce for dinner, it was -0- zero points. I don't know if I can save this week but I'm trying.

• cbabie
    Morning all, I got in a 15min walk late last night with baby girl. I bought a bicycle yesterday and a baby trailer so I can start riding bikes. I tracked all my food yesterday as well. It was a better day eating. We will see how much damage I did on WI on Monday. LOL. Still have the weekend to get through.

@trooworld I hope you don't have a UTI, they told me I had a "slight' one last week when they were running test on me. I probably just am not drinking enough water. Just keep pluggin...you got this.

@theslightedgeforever Yea I could have done something else, but I reverted back to my old habits...someday that won't be my old habits. LOL. Yes please put your health first...even though I speak with forked tongue. LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Yay for the walk. And that is fantastic that you bought a bike with a baby trailer, baby girl will love that! You are doing great. I hope I don't have a UTI either, those are so painful. Thanks for your support.

HI all. Well, I'm fighting like heck over here. Yesterday, I rode the bike in the morning and attended a WW meeting and at about 3:00 p.m. I did a kickboxing workout on the WW app. I'm not going down without a fight! LOL Dinner was really good, it was slow cooker beef-barley stew.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @cbabie That is great that you got a bike and trailer for baby girl. I bet you both are going to have so much fun!

@trooworld Good for you for fighting for what you want! It’s that kind of determination that is going to get the job done!

Good morning! Well, I didn’t make my milestone goal but I did lose ½ pound and I’m closer than I was last week. :grin: Yesterday, I stayed after the staff meeting and cleaned both buildings so I get to stay home today. At 10 am I’m going to buy tickets to my very favorite Christian singer, David Crowder. He is coming to our town the day that DH and I come home from our trip to Savannah for our October anniversary. DH and I are super excited and now we just have to wait another 5 months for our trip and concert. :)
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Yeah all I could do was try. And you tried, too, and congrats on the loss! That's great you will get to go to a concert of your favorite singer. We bought tickets to a museum experience in January and are very excited about it. January seems so far away but it will be here before you know it! :)

Hello all. I'm going to weigh-in at my WW meeting this morning but I weighed in already this morning for the sake of recording my weigh here and for the Fat2Fit/MIssion Slimpossibles group. Unfortunately, it's going to reflect a gain despite my best efforts. I'm up 2.6 lbs! Part of it is because I had 2-ingredient dough pizza last night but the rest is a true gain. :(

Today, my husband and I are going to have an "art day" where we spend time making art. I've been looking forward to it, my husband isn't going to his brother's today and will be here all day. But first, I have to go to my WW meeting and go to acupuncture. I also want to drop stuff off at the Goodwill. We are going to eat Ethiopian food for dinner. I'm not sure whether it will be takeout or if we will eat at the restaurant. At least that is the plan right now. I am not feeling good about this gain, so we may eat something healthier.

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld, Like I already told you in F2F, you will get that gain off. You just have to stay focused and get back to sticking to your plan. I wonder if the cheese and sauce from the pizza helped to cause the gain. I know it would have for me. Last night, I had too much cheese for dinner and my weight was up. I have never had Ethiopian food. What did you get? What kind of art did you and DH make? :)

Hello! Today was a productive day. I spent a good portion of it deep cleaning my kitchen and going through all my cabinets, pantry, and fridge. I threw a good amount of expired food away. I had to take the trash out myself or hubby would have wanted to dig stuff back out. Ewww!! :s I switched up my workout again and I’m going to do 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix extreme for the next 6 weeks. On some of the days, I will do double workouts. I spent some time this morning refocusing on my “Why” and that if I just buckle down and do this thing I could be living in maintenance. I really do want that! :)
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Yes, you are right. And I do think that had something to do with the gain because I was down the day before and there weren't THAT many carbs in 2-ingredient dough pizza that I should have shown a gain. I love Ethiopian food. We didn't end up getting it though. More on that later. I usually get a vegetarian combo that looks similar to this: https://www.habeshaaustin.com/items/habesha-veggie-combo On art day, my DH just drew a bunch of stuff and I did a watercolor illustration of a still life of lemons. :) Sounds like a very productive day yesterday. That's a good idea to reflect on your "Why". I may have to do that!

Hello all. We did not end up getting Ethiopian food last night but we did get sushi. Of course, my weight is up a bit from the sodium/carbs but not as bad as if we had gotten Ethiopian food. I am going to do some more art today by myself while my husband is at his brother's. Other than that, it's going to be a relaxing day!

• TeresaW1020
    Hello! My sister called my mom yesterday and told her that her knees are so bad and she is in so much pain she can barely walk. She needs my mom to come down to Florida and help with the grandkids until my sister can get her doctor to do a double knee replacement. We thought this would be later in the year but nope I'm packing now and will leave tomorrow morning to drive mom down. Not sure how long she will be gone but she is planning for at least a couple of months. I'll be home late Wednesday so will post later this week. Take care! :)
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Oh that's too bad. I hope she can have the surgery sooner rather than later. Safe travels!

Hi all. I didn't do too much yesterday: just read and put my clothes away. I also made some light banana bread which turned out pretty good. I didn't use enough Splenda so next time I'd use more. I have to go to the job site today which means temptation via the vending machines. I should be okay if I bring snacks. I took tomorrow off to be with my husband (he's off today and tomorrow). It should be fun.

• cbabie
    Morning all, Sorry I have been MIA. LIfe has been just overwhelming this past week. I did awful this week with my eating...someone here likes buttercream frosting cake and kept buying it.....UGH. So I am up 2.2 lbs. Back to better eating habits and movement. LOL

@TeresaW1020 So sorry to hear about your sister. I will pray that she gets that surgery quicker than later and her recovery is quick. I bet you will miss your mom's presence and yet will enjoy a little alone time with DH. LOL. Congrats on the loss...glad one of us had a loss. LOL

@trooworld Sorry for the gain...I totally understand and we both will be kicking butt next week. LOL. So glad you got to enjoy DH all day. I hope that today you stay away from temptation. LOL

Cbabie
  • cbabie
    Morning all, Sorry I have been MIA. LIfe has been just overwhelming this past week. I did awful this week with my eating...someone here likes buttercream frosting cake and kept buying it.....UGH. So I am up 2.2 lbs. Back to better eating habits and movement. LOL

@TeresaW1020 So sorry to hear about your sister. I will pray that she gets that surgery quicker than later and her recovery is quick. I bet you will miss your mom's presence and yet will enjoy a little alone time with DH. LOL. Congrats on the loss...glad one of us had a loss. LOL

@trooworld Sorry for the gain...I totally understand and we both will be kicking butt next week. LOL. So glad you got to enjoy DH all day. I hope that today you stay away from temptation. LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    I’m here but busy with my sil.

Green Day. Stayed OP
    Movement. Rest day.

I’ll try and catch up tomorrow
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Sorry you are struggling. And sorry for your gain. I know you will make better choices this week! So far, I'm not kicking butt this week. :( Day off is today.

@theslightedgeforever I forgot your SIL was there. Enjoy!

Hi all. Today is my planned day off. We have some errands to run and then we are going to the Japanese Friendship Garden, we've never been there before. After that, we are going to lunch at a seafood place. It should be a fun day.

• cbabie
    Morning all, I did better until about 9:30 last night, but I am headed in the right direction. I went on a bike ride, walked the baby in her stroller and did my treadmill. So my movement was good.

@trooworld Enjoy your Day off. Sounds like you have fun things planned.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I'm glad you are heading in the right direction. I seem to be doing the opposite lol. Wow, that's a lot of movement! I did enjoy my day. More below.

Hello all. I really enjoyed my day off yesterday: we ran some errands and tried to drop off a full trunk of stuff at the Goodwill but ended up going 4 places to find a place that was excepting donations on a Tuesday. Finally, we found a place that was a relief. Then we went to the Japanese gardens and it was really serene and beautiful. We went through that pretty quickly and followed that by lunch by the water at a seafood place. I did not make a good choice, I knew I wasn't going to, I ordered the fried seafood platter. I didn't eat it all though and when we got home, I just chilled out reading and watching tv. For dinner, I had just plain rice because I was afraid of upsetting my stomach. Here are a few pictures from my day yesterday. The pics of the boats are
    right by where we were sitting for lunch, it was our view.

kvm5js5nz2cx.jpg
    m07z67dioyez.jpg
    urn50d2pcsna.jpg
  • cbabie
    Afternoon all. I walked on my TM andI did a bike ride today. I am HUNGRY..lol. I am trying to stay on track with my eating..hopefully I will lose the 2.2 I gained. LOL. PB has been greatly reduced from my diet. I guess that is a good thing.

@trooworld that place is beautiful!!! I am so glad you got to go and enjoy. How come your Goodwills doesn't always take donations? Ours do...sometimes I prefer to give to Salvation Army because they use it to help those who are in need and don't "profit" like Goodwill does. (my 2 cents worth) lol since anyone asked. :)

Cbabie