What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    I bought a bike yesterday! I am pretty excited and have already taken it out several times - riding it for my commute and just for fun.

Also, I measured yesterday and today and it seems I have lost about a centimeter in most places - really not much but encouraging as the scale is not moving. Also, weird thing - according to my records my chest has not changed at all. It has stayed the same since being 20lbs less 3 years ago and then gaining...

And question for all of you measurers out there... How do you make sure you are measuring in the same place from one time to another?

I was already an experienced seamstress when I started losing weight, and I know the anatomical markers I use in measuring myself to make costumes, so I just use those points.
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    azalea4175 wrote: »
    My brain: "You're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooooooooooooooo tired from your 5:30am telecon and it's cold. There's no need to do an Epic Treadmill Walk today. Stay home"
    Me to my brain: "Go *kitten* yourself Brain. It's Wednesday and it's Epic Treadmill Walk time"
    My brain: "Hey, I'm giving you an out. An you're welcome"
    Me to my brain: "Sorry, couldn't hear you as I was putting on my gym stuff....."
    My brain: "Hey, I'm only telling you the truth. You're far too tired. I bet you won't even make it to 20mins. Get out of the car and get back inside. Oh you're determined...I'll remind you of this when you epically FAIL"
    Me to my brain: "Sorry, what was that? Couldn't hear you over my early 00's vocal trance as I epically made it to 4.49km in 45min. What were you saying about not making it to 20mins???"
    My brain: "....."
    Me to my brain: "Yeah, thought so...."

I actually did my PB last Friday when I hit 4.54km in 45mins, but I'll take the 4.49km today :D
    3 weeks ago, when I started my Epic Treadmill Walk, I managed 4.14km, with sore knees, tight ITB and hamstrings. After incorporating yoga and foam rolling, my sore knees are almost completely gone, ITB issues are far more manageable and my hammy's love me again.

It's like you are in my head!! my brain does the exact same thing!! good job killing that little voice with your Epic treadmill walk!!!

Thankyou! 🥰
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    mrmota70 wrote: »
    On my weekly weigh in this past Sunday I officially crossed from obese to overweight…. ... I did weigh myself after the run and was only .5 lbs away from being able to claim that I was officially half the man I was in 2019. FYI I was 425 at heaviest I hit 213 after the jog.

Two amazing steps! Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!