WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Thank you all for your concern ,I just laid low.today and probably tomorrow to unless I get a call from the dr...
    I just hopped in the shower and feel a bit better listening to the birds chirping outside..
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 942 Member
    Hello All.

So sorry about the pets! It really stinks when they get sick since they can't tell us what's wrong.

Was able to go to a porch concert over the weekend. The weather was unpleasant, but the concert was nice. It was nice to get out and see a group of people together enjoying a live concert.

Cooking for one-What I've been doing is making things like sheetpan dinners, where you toss a couple of seasoned chicken thighs on a tray with some root veggies and bake them. I also do some prep and assemble food. I cut and roasted a sweet potato yesterday and have about 4 servings worth of sweet potato that I can match up with avocado, egg, bacon, etc. Perhaps I'll cut it and use it in an egg or tofu scramble. I bake a package of bacon and have cooked bacon ready to go. I roast tomatoes and put them in the fridge as toppers or to put in a salad. I also make dishes that I can split and freeze half and have the other over a couple of days. I have also made a pot of rice and split it into portions and freeze it. The freezer is my friend. While it's not cooking all at once, it allows me to be creative with the various parts and I feel like I'm cooking and it's healthy.

HIPAA and vaccination questions-I don’t know if this is state by state, but where I live, it is OK for a company to ask for your vaccination status and even for proof of it. I suspect if you get fired shortly thereafter for either not having been vaccinated or not showing proof, you have a lawsuit, if you want it. I think there will be a lawsuit and after that point it will likely fall under HIPAA privacy (HIPAA, for those not in the U.S. is Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act which deals with healthcare related privacy among other things). For now, companies can ask.

Life seems to be moving toward more normal. My mood is not. Feeling kind of down.

Tina in CA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🧡💙💚
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    Stat for the day-

Zwift bike trainer- 51.22min, 17.7amph, 143ahr, 159mhr, 719elev, 15.11mi= 496c
    Strava app- 353c

Rode 15 mi yesterday too
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    Thank you all for your concern ,I just laid low.today and probably tomorrow to unless I get a call from the dr...
    I just hopped in the shower and feel a bit better listening to the birds chirping outside..

Any chest pain with it?
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    DrewB home now. She will be on pepcid ac and some deworming meds for the next couple of days. She also has to be on a bland diet. If these do not work then she has to be on a med for treating ulcers. Hopefully this will work and we don't have to pursue more tests. I dropped her off at 8 and we didn't get home until 8. She was one of the last to get an ultra sound today. The ultra sound looked fine. Long day for her and me. Fortunately I did not have to siit in my car all day.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Machka- no chest pain just bed spins horrible dizziness.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Allie: I hope you get a call from your doctor soon. Chest pain and bed spins sound miserable. :flowerforyou:

Tina in CA: I am sorry you’re feeling down. I have not kept up with HIPPA rules because I’ve been retired for a long time. I hope things go your way. :star:

Margaret: I hope Drew B gets through with good results from the tests. :smiley:

DH & I are doing well, but our old dog has health problems that are challenging. Our best help for him at this time is to love him and give him pain meds when he needs them. He is such a sweet old boy. I hope to keep him with us for as long as possible, but I’m worried that may not as long as we hope for. :heart:

Katla
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    @Whidislander Love the profile pic! Hilda was one of the 'pin ups' of my grandfather. He said they reminded him of my grandmother- plump, a little ditzy, and game for life!

Sorry to hear of issues with heath-loved ones, pets, and self. Hugs to all!

I have done a total fast since 930PM 5/17. Will see if I choose to eat tomorrow or not. Right now, I am thinking of eggs and bacon, so I probably will!

Gigi in Alabama, USA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    Machka- no chest pain just bed spins horrible dizziness.

No chest pain is good.

No left arm pain, jaw pain or back pain?

It's just that my husband's heart symptoms came on as dizziness and throwing up first, then the chest pain.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,185 Member
    I am delighted that someone wants my hardbacks on Freecycle to sell for animal charities locally - Lost Cats etc. She will be coming to collect them. Hooray! :p:D

These days I read almost everything on Kindle. I have a Paperwhite, which is easy on the eyes at night. I would live to live a very minimalist life, with my possessions really pared down, but the real world isn't quite like that. However, the less I have, the freeer I feel. I LOVE a good clear out.
    Because I am a writer I have a big paper archive. Fortunately we have a large accessible loft space where it can reside and not trouble me too much. :D
    These days I write on the cloud. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,481 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline.
    Bonus: chopped one more tarpload of brush, one load laundry.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, board meeting minutes, return Doug’s call, follow up with Dr re: Joe’s annual charges not covered 100%, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Meaningful May:
    19: Send a handwritten note to someone you care about: another hmm…

Brush chopping screeched to a halt when I disturbed a bumblebee nest. Dropped the loppers and outran the bees to the house. Thought I’d escaped unscathed when [shudder] I felt something creeping under my shirt. Tore it and the underwear off while yelling “Ow, ow OWWWW!” and screaming for Joe to come help brush me off. Maybe 3 bees followed me inside, in or on my clothes and hair. While I stripped, Joe shooed them out with my jacket. Only one sting but man that sucker HURT and now ITCHES. Used that excuse to wimp out on line dancing. Pleased I didn’t resort to self-medicating with wine. Now that I know where the nest is, will proceed more cautiously with the chopping. Baby garter snakes and now bees. What next???

Terri what you said about “the least we can do…”
    Heather your 5 tall trumps our 4 tall bookcases. Our first downsize sent 42 boxes of books to the friends of the library book sale. Since then, it’s only been a box or two here and there. Sorry to hear there are no more used bookstores there. After watching 84 Charing Cross Rd I dreamed of spending days in that store.
    Julie, sounds like you need both a break and to “prime the pump.” Could you gift yourself with a morning’s work at an outdoor café? Just the stroll to the café might get those creative juices flowing.
    Barbie I’m sure your zucchini seeds appreciate your patiently waiting for a warmer day ;)
    KarenDinVA taking measurements and focusing on making positive lifestyle changes, Bravissima!
    Carol was thinking exactly what you said to Kylia. It would be hard for her to pull back/out from the family biz, but maybe that’s what needs to happen.
    Machka ((hugs)) for your brother and his family, your DH and you.
    Tracey “…calling for snow…” it’s May, they should stop calling for it and maybe it won’t come ;)
    Allie “bed spins” :sick: “eyes going wonky”?
    Welcome @claram5415 ! Planning is key!
    Katla :heartbreak::cry: :heartbreak:
    Margaret prayers for DrewB and your DH. Pancreatitis is so scary. “911 for dogs” brilliant idea!
    Michele ((hugs)) for you and Vince dealing with your ageing cats.
    Tina your sheet pan dinners sound like something I should try. I do what you do with brown rice, and it sure comes in handy for combining with the protein and veggies of the day for a quick healthy meal. Alas too often I opt for the convenience of a Lean Cuisine… ;)
    Welcome @g2renew Gigi in AL!

Time to apply some more anti-itch cream and try to get back to sleep.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    May: leaner/stronger/kinder than April.
    daily: sit with Joe:18 , weigh/wii: 18/1/14; steps>6362=3801 vits=17, log=18, CI<CO=16, CI<250<CO=15, Tumble=11, Shadow=12, mfp=18, outside=17, up hill=15, clean 10=8.5
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rX x4=3 dance=2, packwalk x2=3,
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/2:139.1!, 5/9:141.8, 5/16:, 5/23:, 5/30:.
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.5
    bonus: AF=14 play=1 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,598 Member
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,344 Member
    Well, one of the split trees got pulled down yesterday, cut into firewood and the too-skinny-for-firewood branches all hauled to the brushpile for later burning. If it ever dries out, that's going to be a conflagration! That has the two worst culprits completed, and now, if they are still willing to work, we're going to clean out the little stable (probably 50 years old) to use for a shed for the big equipment. One internal wall was down by the end of the day yesterday. We have what is probably a foot-deep area filled with 50-year-old manure in a 12-foot by 8-foot area that needs to be mucked out and hauled to the compost pile, too. It's long past the smelly stage, and will make amazing compost for the next few growing seasons.

Which reminds me, I need to get the compost pile fenced in first.

:smiley:

The nine-year-old is in the "I don't wanna," stage with his parents, which is kind of fascinating to watch. I only had a taste of that with my son, because I got him when he was 15--and my daughter was already past it at 17. It can become a little tense, which I'm not fond of, but hey, it happens. Easy to be objective from here, but not so easy when you're in the middle of it.

Allie - hope you're feeling better today.

Heather - I'm so pleased you got a nibble on your books. I love them, but like you, can no longer read them, as I can't adjust the font, and can't see a page that isn't backlit. I need to let my books go. Kind of a different way to lose weight.

Speaking of which, I'm losing about a half-pound a day now, there's just not enough time to eat with all the happy chaos. I'm down three pounds from May 1. Makes me happy. Staying away from cheese and sugar is the hardest part. Welcome to those who are new - we're glad you're here!

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,185 Member
    Unfortunately, the junk hauliers were too pricey, even with a cash offer, because there were several large boxes of books and they have to pay by weight to dump the stuff themselves. I said we would think about it. We will ask another company to give an estimate. On paper they look cheaper, but you never know.
    We could take the books to the dump ourselves, free to us, and just get them to take the bulky awkward items. (???) But I might have pangs of regret when I see them in the tip. :'(

DH has gone off to cricket. It started late because the pitch needed to dry out. I woke up at 4 this morning and got up at 5. I read for a while and then made him packed lunch. I won't do that every day, but I was up anyway. :)<3 He was very grateful.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    :) The latest word is that there is no word yet on when we might begin line dance classes again. I am relieved because it means I don't have to make a difficult decision yet. I enjoy dancing at home, so all is good for me, but I know that my students would like to have class again. Oh well, I am powerless over what the facility and the health department decide.

<3 Barbie in NW WA