Healthy/nutritious snack options

cazzcampbell
cazzcampbell Posts: 22 Member
Hi everyone! I’m wondering if anyone can recommend any good snack options? I’m looking for options that are healthy and nutritious, rather than particularly low calorie. I can often find my intake is low around 1200 calories where I’m aiming for 1700 or so and I’d like to fill those calories in a bit with more healthier choices than I’ve been having.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I like:
    fruit with light greek yogurt
    Apple slices and Kay's naturals protein snack
    Cucumber and tomato salad
    Crunchy veggies with hummus or yogurt dip
    Protein iced coffee
    Protein bar(quest, nugo, Rx, etc)
    Hard boiled egg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    My snacks are usually jerky, fruit, peppers and this awesome bean dip my wife makes, Tillamook cheddar squares, or popcorn. I also like a half avocado and some Kosher salt once in awhile and just scoop it out of the shell with a spoon. My wife has also been making this awesome strawberry/blueberry thing with homemade mint whip cream (our mint in the garden is going crazy)...I guess more of a desert, but sometimes I have it as a snack out on the patio when it's hot out.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    @cwolfman13
    I want that strawberry blueberry mint whip thing!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    @cwolfman13
    I want that strawberry blueberry mint whip thing!

It's just strawberries and blueberries...the whip cream is the kicker. I know my wife uses the heavy whipping cream and makes a simple syrup on the stove with tons of mint leaves, sugar, and water (I have no idea of the ratios...I know the sugar to water isn't the typical 1:1 though). When it's done, she fishes out the mint leaves and then presses them through a strainer to get any extra liquid back into the syrup and uses that when she's making the whip cream. It makes quite a bit of whip cream though...I think we've served it as desert for 8 people at pool parties.