Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,546 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Sautao Hot and Sour Soup Xiao Qiao Style Rice Vermicelli
    This looks really interesting! Thinking a few beans - what the heck maybe even tofu on days with more time available - would add a nice bit of protein. I like the idea of using the coleslaw mix. I've been making sauerkraut and a cabbage dish with Indian spices, beans and peas - which means a lot of slicing. Lol - thinking about it - if I add beans to the vermicelli/coleslaw mix - it really starts to resemble my "spicy cabbage" dish. Different flavours though! I'm going to start looking like a cabbage!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Salmon & veg tonight!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    Salad with the pizza too Connie? Salmon and veg sounds awesome!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Salad with the pizza too Connie? Salmon and veg sounds awesome!
    No salad tonight...( that’s why the frozen pizza! )....the cupboard is bare.....really need to buy some “ bunny food” tomorrow.... I guess I will be going to the produce market in the morning....
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2021
    Ya gotz ta eatz yar bunnies ya knowz! :lol:
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    Tonight will be chicken brats, corn on the cob, and baked beans. Simple. Easy.

Can someone come make me breakfast? I had blood drawn and need to eat...
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Athijade wrote: »
    Tonight will be chicken brats, corn on the cob, and baked beans. Simple. Easy.

Can someone come make me breakfast? I had blood drawn and need to eat...

Apparently not, lol. I'm 1 for 3 on my attempts at making oatmeal. Today it was so bad I couldn't eat it. I threw it out today and made an egg instead.
  • conniewilkins56
    I don’t eat breakfast so I am sorry too....those brats sound good!

I am making a beef stir fry....that’s it!
  • PAV8888
    My microwave feels for youze on the unsuccessful (overflowing the tallest container) porridge type stuff cooking!!!! Have gone with more open containers, shallow depth, and reduced power after the initial boil start.

Top secret for people with no gluten issues: whole grain cream of wheat 45g satchel ready in 3 minutes 150 Cal

To me it feels just a tad more filling than an equal amount of calories worth of oats. Same mix ins
  • conniewilkins56
    My microwave feels for youze on the unsuccessful (overflowing the tallest container) porridge type stuff cooking!!!! Have gone with more open containers, shallow depth, and reduced power after the initial boil start.

Top secret for people with no gluten issues: whole grain cream of wheat 45g satchel ready in 3 minutes 150 Cal

To me it feels just a tad more filling than an equal amount of calories worth of oats. Same mix ins

A few years ago I put a spaghetti squash in the microwave and did not poke holes in it...when it blew up, the force pushed the door of the oven open....we thought it was a bomb....you have never seen such a mess in your life....I picked up strands of hidden squash and seeds for days....it was on the walls, floor, light fixtures, cabinets, etc....the same week I had bought a popcorn popper because my grands didn’t know any other popcorn except microwave bags...the popcorn was supposed to pop, fill the top and spill over like at the theatre....well, the top popped off and hot kernels of corn went flying all over the kitchen...we were dodging that hot popcorn like it was molten rock out of a volcano!...all three of us had burns on us!....I threw the machine out!
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2021
    I've successfully done the bomb thing... and burned microwave popcorn... but thankfully not the molten rock volcano thing! Hmmm... it is noon and I've only had coffee so far... hmmm..... popcorn or frozen meal?!?!?

hmmm..... some weird wheat noodles I picked up yesterday at wally mart, cooked with 375g of coleslaw mix (big bag done!) and a knorr cube (they are a non soup mix asian chili sauce noodle packet, so I successfully converted them!)
  • lauriekallis
    I've successfully done the bomb thing... and burned microwave popcorn... but thankfully not the molten rock volcano thing! Hmmm... it is noon and I've only had coffee so far... hmmm..... popcorn or frozen meal?!?!?

Popcorn!!!!!!!

Had a popcorn lunch on Monday - it was just perfect :)
  • PAV8888
    Just a tad too late Laurie! Had breakfast popcorn yesterday... but today was asian wheat noodle... now to log the new food :smiley:
  • conniewilkins56
    The beef stir fry was really good....I had 3 oz. of top sirloin with some onions and minced garlic plus about 5 cups of broccoli,water chestnuts, carrots and edamame ( Birdseye ).... dessert was a piece of dark chocolate Godiva, coffee, and a chocolate chip cookie!....all that swimming to eat a cookie,
    ( shaking my head )
  • lauriekallis
    edited May 2021
    @conniewilkins56 - All that swimming to feel alive and strong and vibrant and to eat a cookie! You look fabulous and sound so energetic - I don't think it is the cookie giving you all that.
  • lauriekallis
    Tonight a dinner that even @conniewilkins56 might like! Asparagus, rutabaga (plain boiled), Baked sweet potato spears and a veggie Mediterranean (sort of sweet & spicy) sausage. And nothing barely touched!!! (except for a bit of feta (16g to be exact) on the asparagus). I thought of you, Connie and laughed. And then made some of the vegetables touch just for the fun of it!
  • conniewilkins56
    Tonight a dinner that even @conniewilkins56 might like! Asparagus, rutabaga (plain boiled), Baked sweet potato spears and a veggie Mediterranean (sort of sweet & spicy) sausage. And nothing barely touched!!! (except for a bit of feta (16g to be exact) on the asparagus). I thought of you, Connie and laughed. And then made some of the vegetables touch just for the fun of it!

That sounds pretty good!....how was the veggie sausage?....I like real meat lol.....
  • lauriekallis
    That sounds pretty good!....how was the veggie sausage?....I like real meat lol.....

They are really good. I never used to eat any of the "fake meat" but a friend told me about these and they are very tasty! And beans/lentils get really boring - and require a bit more effort than I want to put out sometimes.