Less Alcohol - MAY 2021 - One Day At A Time

Replies

• lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 777 Member
    Well I have been consulting with my brother about this large 3 piece abstract painting he wants. This really will push me artistically to get the colors crisp and not muddled as well as correct tone.

I am going to consider last night AF, I had an oz of wine watered down. DH wanted me to try it and I did not find it very good so took a few sips and let it go.

BTW the flower photo's are stunning, my garden just cries at me when I look it's way. I have so much work to do in that direction. I need to purchase some more lavender.

Oh I am also making kombucha for the first time. Anyone else venture this direction? would love to hear the tried and true flavor combinations
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    My May Goals:
    16-20 AF days per month.
    Changing my goals as my schedule is changing, but sticking to the 16-20 AF days.

My daily check in:

Sunday May 16 - AF - I begin the Canada Post training tomorrow morning, for 3-4 weeks on top of my other jobs. Need to have a clear head.
    Monday May 17 - AF
    Tuesday May 18 - AF - I actually am enjoying getting up at 2:30am for my newest extra job. Definitely would not be able to have alcohol and feel well at 2:30.
    Wednesday May 19 - AF - Planning on a couple of drinks on Friday eve, (just a 3 hour shift starting at noon on Saturday, my lightest day).

Rolling total: 14AF out of 19 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Loving the garden pics : - )

Thanks for the recipe @globalhiker

@MissMay Yes, I am pretty tired!

@lmlmrn Looking forward to seeing the painting for your brother once it is complete. @MissMay knows about Kombucha. Personally I am grossed out by it after seeing a scobi on TV lol.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited May 2021
    @ahoy_m8 -Thanks for sharing your pictures! I love your yard! I too lost my Indian Hawthorn, Rosemary & Oregano to the hard freeze in Houston. My 3 year old parsley made it through the freeze but then died because it bolted. My roses and Azaleas may have lost leaves from the freeze but both bounced back and had a beautiful display of flowers this year. I'm looking forward to the tomatoes, basil, chives, etc that I'm growing ... looking forward to fresh pasta sauces.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    Welcome @jirwin323 welcome. We can give you plenty of support here if you would like to be AF. Success comes from within, you sound as if you are headed there already.
    Keep posting and letting us know how it is going.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    Day 20 of May done and still AF.

On top of my crazy Spring work schedule, now that the state is "opening" again since the pandemic hit. Everyone wants to get out and get together to meet up and toss a few down.
    Can't we get together and do something else besides meet at a patio pub and drink? I do not want to slip back into the drinking scene. NOT that I am worried about becoming a daily drinker again. But it is my other half that does not need more reasons to drink day after day. Sigh.

It's not nagging, its the fact I care about his health more than he does. But they do not see it that way until it is too late.

• dawnbgethealthy
    @ahoy_m8
    Love your photos, thanks for posting!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    My May Goals:
    16-20 AF days per month.
    Changing my goals as my schedule is changing, but sticking to the 16-20 AF days.

My daily check in:

Sunday May 16 - AF - I begin the Canada Post training tomorrow morning, for 3-4 weeks on top of my other jobs. Need to have a clear head.
    Monday May 17 - AF
    Tuesday May 18 - AF - I actually am enjoying getting up at 2:30am for my newest extra job. Definitely would not be able to have alcohol and feel well at 2:30.
    Wednesday May 19 - AF - Planning on a couple of drinks on Friday eve, (just a 3 hour shift starting at noon on Saturday, my lightest day).
    Thursday May 20 - AF - Said a teary goodbye to Canada Post, then had a very long day trying to catch up on other jobs. Up at 2:30 and didn't finally get home until 10pm. I really felt like having a nice drink, but didn't. Up to Kimberley in the morning for my favourite Foster Grant job. I want to be fresh.

Rolling total: 15AF out of 20 days