Trimstones - May 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Well not going as well as I hoped- got delayed covid vaccination symptoms earlier in week. Not so bad that I was ill but I was just so tired & headachy.
    Got back into swing today with gym session. Having a rest day after getting a lot of school work done.

@jessicakrall8 you've got my email- I'm on fitbit.
    Also I really need to add into steps challenge too.
    Jo
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    edited May 2021
    JoDavo66 wrote: »
    Well not going as well as I hoped- got delayed covid vaccination symptoms earlier in week. Not so bad that I was ill but I was just so tired & headachy.
    Got back into swing today with gym session. Having a rest day after getting a lot of school work done.

@jessicakrall8 you've got my email- I'm on fitbit.
    Also I really need to add into steps challenge too.
    Jo

Sent you an invite on Fitbit @JoDavo66 ...and I'll add you to the step challenge...just give me an idea what you want your daily step goal to be and tell me your favorite place to walk!

Go ahead and send me any steps you've done since Sun, May 2nd and I'll get them recorded.

Jess
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 214 Member
    Just checking on everyone, hope you are all good and keeping safe? Atm, am on the support group but been reading up post as much as I can, congrats to all the honorable mentions and to everyone that has lost any weight no matter how small, keep going change will come, you all are doing so well.
    Does anyone know any bathroom scale that give accurate numbers as am on support group as I don't know my weight cause my scale has been a nightmare and so annoying, as I need to weigh in everyweek but my scale gives wrong numbers, one minute it shows something few seconds later will overshoot by 3kg or so and next minute down, so it's been a roller-coaster and got me confused as well. Recommendations will hugely be appreciated as I need to get back to reporting my weight.

We've had this scale for awhile (4 years according to Amazon). It recalibrates before you get on, and it stores information for several users. Not sure how accurate the body fat is (it varied a couple percent from the Navy method for my wife and I, and not in the same direction) but it's great for seeing if you're moving in the right direction.

https://smile.amazon.com/Digital-GreaterGoods-Accurate-Composition-Measurements/dp/B019928F74
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 905 Member
    Sorry @jessicakrall8 here are my steps.
    5/15 13,025
    5/16 12,160
    5/17 18,955
    5/18 21,550
    5/19 8,178
    5/20 11,813
  • gillexplores
    gillexplores Posts: 151 Member
    Steps

May 18: 13,745
    May 19: 11,235
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    5/18: 12,104
    5/19: 9,247
  • veryhotmails
    veryhotmails Posts: 171 Member
    @veryhotmails I have a Renpho scale, which connects to my Iphone through an app via bluetooth. I LOVE IT! Used to have the same problems you're talking about because with a regular scale, it was never consistent. This scale resets every time and recalibrates for more accurate readings! I think I paid about $30 for it on Amazon. Here's a screenshot:

qfmb6tpn4v7c.png

Thanks for this. Funnily I just got this based on the research on Google for most accurate numbers but to my surprise it gave me over 2.5kg increment compared to my usual one, this got me more confused. I know scales differ but this seems to be too much of a difference. I am getting too much obsessed with what I weigh so the search continues 😆
  • veryhotmails
    veryhotmails Posts: 171 Member
    Just checking on everyone, hope you are all good and keeping safe? Atm, am on the support group but been reading up post as much as I can, congrats to all the honorable mentions and to everyone that has lost any weight no matter how small, keep going change will come, you all are doing so well.
    Does anyone know any bathroom scale that give accurate numbers as am on support group as I don't know my weight cause my scale has been a nightmare and so annoying, as I need to weigh in everyweek but my scale gives wrong numbers, one minute it shows something few seconds later will overshoot by 3kg or so and next minute down, so it's been a roller-coaster and got me confused as well. Recommendations will hugely be appreciated as I need to get back to reporting my weight.

We've had this scale for awhile (4 years according to Amazon). It recalibrates before you get on, and it stores information for several users. Not sure how accurate the body fat is (it varied a couple percent from the Navy method for my wife and I, and not in the same direction) but it's great for seeing if you're moving in the right direction.

https://smile.amazon.com/Digital-GreaterGoods-Accurate-Composition-Measurements/dp/B019928F74

Thank you @bearchested I will research and search amazon if I can get one within the UK
  • jessicakrall8
    JessicaKrall8
    Friday Weigh-in
    PW: 311.7
    CW: 312.1

A little swelling the last few days...hopefully will come off over the next week...drinking more water to flush everything out...here's to a Happy Friday for all of us!!
    Jess :blush:
  • goonies73
    goonies73 Posts: 6 Member
    goonies73
    Thursday weigh in
    PW: 240.2
    CW: 239.2
    LTD: 13.8

Sorry for being one day late in my posting! Was out straight with work and kids yesterday and totally forgot!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    I hope the move goes smoothly for you @bearchested.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 905 Member
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 126.6
    CW 125.4
  • jessicakrall8
    jh16ccadlozf.png

Wow, nice losses this week @kerdil08 @gillexplores @CharmingPassion @mulecanter @angmarie28 @goonies73 @bearchested @KHill875 @shnerb00 @Chalmation @izzyred9400 !!! I've seen a lot of steps this week too, so it appears we're all having a pretty good mid-May!

I think I'm gonna head out, show up at my cousin's house and surprise them today! Hope ya'll have a wonderful Caturday! My Hazel Joy is up and on paw patrol watching the birds and squirrels this morning. It's an important job!! :smile:
    Jessica
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Jax_Grim
    Saturday
    Pw: 218.4
    CW: 219

Steps
    5/13 - 13028
    5/14 - 15371
    5/15 - 12094
    5/16 - 15101
    5/17 - 13995
    5/18 - 13304
    5/19 - 11808
    5/20 - 8852
    5/21 - 3670
  • jessicakrall8
    Wow @kerdil08 how wonderfully fulfilling it must be to know you're making a difference on the cancer fronts!!! That's awesome! I commend your choice of occupations...I wish I was doing something so important, but I guess we all contribute in some way around the world...my company gets things from point A to point B, so logistics plays a little part in making sure we all get what we need, I guess...but I've always felt a little envy green for those with math or science backgrounds who can really do something huge in the world. If I'd been better in math, I probably would have gotten a computer science degree...but I can only imagine conquering Calculus...heck algebra scared me! So, I got a degree in Education...but decided not to teach (except for my piano lessons)...and kinda fell into Transportation/Logistics...who da thunk it?! LOL!

I echo her sentiment...everyone share a little about what you do...what it means to you? What you wish you would have done if you could start over? and finally, what difference you think your job makes in the "greater scheme of things" on the big planet? It's interesting and helps us all get to know each other a bit more...

Heading out for a walk...it's such a beautiful day! Hope to hear from YOU soon!
    Jessica :blush:
This discussion has been closed.