May 21 Sign In

Replies

• mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited May 2021
    @WhatMeRunning - thanks for the advice - I appreciate it as I have much to learn about running still. I had a rather… odd experience that I’m looking to replace with a better one, it’s not weight related. Lol. It’s probably the dumbest reason for a bad running experience ever, but hey - that’s me 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m irrationally scared of clowns and there were clowns at mile marker 8 that caused some sprinting I shouldn’t have done, then cramping, then walking so I didn’t run the entire thing which was disappointing. I’m looking for a calmer run with less irrational fear, and maybe being in better shape to actually handle the sprinting if it does happen again. 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

The weight piece was more that I don’t seem to be able to lose weight while training for things like this so it seemed like I should finish reaching my weight goal before adding in another goal to distract from it. Added bonus was it would be easier on my body.

Keep running tips coming though! I for sure need them!
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,138 Member
    @Dory_42 Congrats on the Silver, sorry to hear about Covid, hope you don't get any worse.
    @Bill70sStrong Good luck with the challenge.
    Yes x 3 for me today. Very hot and muggy here today, we broke a record for the heat. I'm okay with it, more incentive to get in the pool.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    @Dory_42 - feel better soon!
  • pamjsa
    pamjsa Posts: 149 Member
    Yes x 3.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    @Dory_42 Get well very soon!!
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Calories: barely squeaked by
    Tracking: my safety rails...okay
    Exercise: more than 30 minutes of walking outside on a lovely day
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    @SummerSkier :) Thank you! It is my highest at the moment. I actually don't know what is considered normal for my age. I guess I can find some reference information in internet. I noticed that VO2max increases after sprints / intervals. Or running steadilly at a higher pace, for me it is below 6 min/km. And it is pretty exhausting... :)
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,228 Member
    May 21

Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Pass days: 2/3
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    @Dory_42 Congrats on the silver! That's awesome! I hope you have a quick recovery from COVID.

I only got a little less than 4 hours sleep Thursday night (woke up early and was unable to fall back asleep). I was tired all day Friday and went to bed a little after 5pm. Calories✅ Tracked✅. Exercise:❌
    Pass #3.

(I got 10 hours of sleep last night though and a 100% sleep score - so feel great his morning)
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,747 Member
    @SummerSkier Thanks for asking, Summer! Rose and I have decided to put our home and 40 acre farm up for sale. The Costa Rican trip was motivated by the desire to accompany our granddaughter to Spanish language school in Costa Rica. Since the trip is cancelled, we have begun the difficult emotional task of talking to real estate agents; video marketing guru, making a list of repair, remove and refresh. There are two homes on this property; barns; and other outbuildings. We have live cargo here too: a caretaker couple; 3 horses; one cat; one dog; and Rick/Rose.
    We built this house 28 years ago, but the original farmhouse and barn are roughly 100+. It's a beautiful place to live, but it's time to simplify.
    Rick
    P.S. For many years, I have been involved with an equine activities and therapy program for persons with disabilities.
    Whenever our home sells, our horses will have a home there.
    Roxy, the rescue mare, is in Cave Creek, AZ being well kept.
    Rick

WOW! that is a huge effort for sure but as in everything that you two do I know that it will be a very organized and complete effort. I can certainly understand wanting to simplify such a large spread. Will you be staying in the area and getting a smaller condo type location? Thank you for sharing.

Summer
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,410 Member
    February 10/3
    March 12/3
    April 10/3

2 yes

5/3