25/35/40 meal plan help

ev1456
ev1456 Posts: 2 Member
I'm going to try out 25 Carbs, 35 protein, 40 fat, @ 1500 max calories per, fat loss goals 30lbs. Can anyone share meal plan with macros balanced to hit this to help me out? I'm new to measuring macros and just upgraded MFP to help me out but am struggling to get this balanced. Would really appreciate any shares or follows to help me figure this out. Thx!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    There are two routes, highly structured, and gradual remodeling (and a bunch of things in between).

For the highly structured option, you can use a site like this one to get detailed meal plans:

https://www.eatthismuch.com/

I don't use that site (not a structured kind of a gal, myself), but IMU it does have a "set your preferred macro goals" option, though I'm not sure it's one of the free features, vs. premium.

On the opposite extreme, you can start from how you like to eat now, and gradually remodel your eating to accomplish your goals. As long as you're not starting with diagnosed nutritional deficiencies that you need to fix immediately, and not eating completely bizarrely nutrition-wise, it will be fine to take a few weeks or so to get to your preferred macros. Humans are adaptable omnivores.

This describes that type of process:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

You'd just plug in your macro goals instead of the ones that thread suggests, but use the same general process.

Whether that macro split is a great plan or not, I don't know 🤷‍♀️.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    ev1456 wrote: »
    I'm going to try out 25 Carbs, 35 protein, 40 fat, @ 1500 max calories per, fat loss goals 30lbs. Can anyone share meal plan with macros balanced to hit this to help me out? I'm new to measuring macros and just upgraded MFP to help me out but am struggling to get this balanced. Would really appreciate any shares or follows to help me figure this out. Thx!

I'm curious as to why you choose that particular split. The protein is unnecessarily high, and since the carbs are too high for keto, the fat is unnecessarily high as well.

If you went with 40-30-30, you'd be doing the Zone diet, and there are lots of resources for that.

Baring certain medical conditions, the only point to a particular macro split is satiety, which makes it easier to adhere to a calorie deficit. Other than that, macro splits do not have special weight loss properties.