Saxenda

14567810»

Replies

• mummymarnie
    mummymarnie Posts: 2 Member
    Anyone still on it? I just started last night.

How are you getting on ?
  • jenbee82
    jenbee82 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I'm thinking of trying this. Has anyone ever taken this before bedtime to stop nausea etc.. has this worked if so ? 👍

I would like to know the same, I am really struggling with fatigue, nausea and sore heads.
  • 2021WLjourney
    2021WLjourney Posts: 19 Member
    jenbee82 wrote: »
    Hi I'm thinking of trying this. Has anyone ever taken this before bedtime to stop nausea etc.. has this worked if so ? 👍

I would like to know the same, I am really struggling with fatigue, nausea and sore heads.

Hi! I used Saxenda a couple years ago and experienced nausea every time I increased the dose.
    It’s not awful, just very slightly uncomfortable and helps regulating your appetite.

In the end I didn’t titrate up all the way to 3 mg but stayed at 1.8 mg, to avoid more intense nausea. It worked well (I lost about 45 lbs) and the nausea went away after a while.

Remember - this is considered a maintenance medication. If you stop using it and start overeating again, the lbs will come back.

I hope to get a new Rx next week and plan to be on it long term.
  • 2021WLjourney
    2021WLjourney Posts: 19 Member
    Anyone still on it? I just started last night.

Hey Morgan - let us know how you are faring if you like? I hope to get back on Saxenda next week, excited and a bit nervous. :#
  • ppezzini
    ppezzini Posts: 1 Member
    I'd love to speak to others currently on Saxenda. I started it 4 days ago and experiencing fatigue and lightheadedness. Not too much nausea but definitely not wanting to eat. Feeling blah...
  • anna_nintey3
    anna_nintey3 Posts: 843 Member
    I have the started kit to trial it for a month, seriously scared of stabing myself with an injection at the moment
  • NCGOALIEMOM
    NCGOALIEMOM Posts: 74 Member
    ppezzini wrote: »
    I'd love to speak to others currently on Saxenda. I started it 4 days ago and experiencing fatigue and lightheadedness. Not too much nausea but definitely not wanting to eat. Feeling blah...

I've been on it for 3 months now. The fatigue is STILL kicking my butt. I went off of it for a week and I'm titrating back up, trying to see at what point it suppresses my appetite without making me a zombie. I'm also playing with dosage times. Mornings are a NO GO... I'm a zombie by the afternoon. Bedtime didn't seem to be a winner either, because I felt fatigue all day long. So I'm going to try mid day dosing and see how that goes (as well as staying at the dose that suppresses appetite and not going higher right away.
  • sgt_jabbo
    sgt_jabbo Posts: 2 Member
    After 18 days, I am done with Saxenda, as of today. In my case, it has caused so much physical trouble that I found traditional dieting much more tolerable. I didn't get any side effects until roughly day 10. Then the usual, gas, bloating, nausea and serious fatigue. Sulphur burps, diarrhea, I'm sleeping 8 hours at night and nearly passing out from exhaustion by 2:00. Oh, it does its job alright, since day 6 I haven't had hunger pains, I've lost 16 pounds in that time, but I think now its because I can't eat anything at all. Water now gives me heartburn. If I eat bread now, within the hour I get seriously sick. Prior to Saxenda, I had no issues with any food. Now I can't tolerate anything it seems. it's so bad that now I am suffering just to force in 1000 calories, I know now if I eat...I will pay for it within the hour. I am so scared to eat. Milk and jello is the only thing that seems to be okay. I honestly thought it couldn't be the Saxenda since I haven't read anything this bad, so I got a Covid test, I am that sick, but that came back negative. I am ditching it, hopefully within a week I can get my health back, and just do a calorie restriction or possibly a Mediterranean diet. I am guessing I am the exception, because I have read the reviews, and never ever expected this. I mean, I have each and every side effect listed, but never expected it to be to this extent. I figured it was like every other warning label I ever read, "probably won't happen to me". I view myself a pretty tough guy overall, I never take a sick day, and can handle literally any pain. This...is something else. Going to chat with my Doc but for me, it's not worth it.
  • jon2412
    jon2412 Posts: 61 Member
    First time I’ve tried Saxenda. Just 6 days in so started at 0.6 and haven’t felt too bad. Some headache perhaps and I’m sure it made my tinnitus worse but otherwise fine.
    Would be great to hear of others who have recently started or been on it for a while. Also anyone form UK? Thanks!
  • dcspringer
    dcspringer Posts: 1 Member
    Just starting this morning - excited but worried a little about having some of the side effects listed above … my doctor did not mention most of them.
    Will keep you posted.