How to bring a 74yr old man back to life

ericcurtis2
ericcurtis2 Posts: 3 Member
Hi everyone
I've been extremely active throughout my life. Playing Football, Rugby, squash, Cricket and Golf . All to a good standard.
I gave up most serious exercise about 20 years back when I started teaching. I had a heart attack about 7 years ago which affected my exercising even further, and now after Covid I have reached 250lbs and zero exercise worthy of note.
If anyone can recommend a coaching app. etc. which may motivate me into action I would really appreciate it.
I am feeling quite low and worthless at present and would love some encouragement and targets to work towards.
Eric

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,255 Member
    Welcome I wish you all the best, not sure about an app but you will find lots if encouragement here.
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Eric, many folks here have found themselves in a similar situation, and using MFP can really help. If you set up to log your food at a do-able level, get what exercise you're able (or even just diet at first, if you can't), make a small group of supportive, engaged friends to share the ups and downs with, you might just be surprised at how quickly you can turn this around. Sending you a friend request.