Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,505 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Peloton Low Impact Olivia Amato Ride, STS Meso 1, Disc 9 Legs, Stretching/massage and Ashtanga Yoga.

After I told Laurel I wouldn't do an Olivia Amato ride any time soon, I did one as a warm-up which left me feeling very tired! LOL
    I followed that with STS Legs and OMG, I thought I was going to die. My legs were crying for mercy and I just didn't have the energy to do the optional section. I followed this workout with a long stretch and massage routine. I could've crawled up the stairs if I could. I was waddling for a little bit after that workout. A hot shower felt so good and I think helped my legs because I thought I wasn't going to be able to walk in the morning but I don't feel that way anymore. The ashtanga class was great and helped me stretch my legs.

It was warm here today and it is going to get hot this week. DH moved his home office out on the deck today.

Cathe posted an update. Cleo is her cat
    Greetings to all of you from Cleo and I. Somebody is not as excited to have her picture taken as I am, 😹lol. Just popping in to say Hi and that I miss you all so much. No new news to report this week. Recovery is slow and gradual so I have to be patient. The vision in my operated eye is still distorted and blurry (but better than last week) and the eye itself is opening up a little bigger and it’s less bloodshot. I’m still not allowed to drive or lift weights but I’m hoping to know more in a couple of weeks. Until then I just wanted to continue to thank you for the many get well wishes that come pouring in everyday! I feel so blessed! Even though I might not be able to respond to each and everyone of them I want you to know that I have READ THEM ALL with a big smile on my face. Heartfelt hugs to all of you ❤️🤗

Laurie, I'm so glad you had a nice weekend! What kind of ground cover do you have? We need to get a ground cover for the areas where erosion is happening. How nice that you were able to get together with your friend group! I bet you were all shocked with their news about their move to FL. I'm sure everyone was happy for their new future but sad to see them go. DH's coworker and his wife are in FL buying a house so they can move there ASAP.

Great workouts!

I thought of you as I was looking at the discounted plants. They are looking really good. My hydrangea is doing really good and the buds are getting bigger. I have 5 buds so far. I bought a dwarf butterfly bush and it's finally showing signs of buds. It has a lot of them. Still waiting for the Gardenia to show me some buds!

That fern gave us a workout. Thank goodness DH had a manual saw. The root ball was incredible tight. I follow a guy on FB who is a gardener and chef or at least a great cook. He showed one day how he uses one of those serrated bread knifes he found at a thrift store to split plants. Great idea!

I can't believe something is actually eating your hostas! Those things multiply like crazy!

Laurel, I'm glad you had a nice weekend and were able to play golf!
    I hope your DH loves his new job and I hope he won't have to travel.

I'm glad you were able to have breakfast out on the deck on Sunday too. It was a beautiful weekend weather wise.
    I got notified by the pump seller that they've sent me a new one and that it will arrive on Saturday. So hopefully we'll be able to give it another go on Sunday. It was a huge disappointment when we realized the pump wasn't working.

So I did an Olivia Amato 'easy' ride today as a warm up. I see what you said about speed! She's like Speedy Gonzalez! I am pretty sure I took a cardio HIIT class of hers a while ago and it was tough! I may try more of her easy classes so I can work on speed.

I will do STS disc 8 on Tuesday. I know all the STS workouts back to back but we finally may be able to take our day trip on Wed or Thur and I want to make sure I do the longer workouts before that day.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,410 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was 30MTF Sculpting Rx W1; RAW Cardio Finisher. Went heavy on the weight workout, and it felt great.

Laurel, You did some great workouts this weekend, and of course using those egg weights also. I used mine this morning on the cardio finisher. What a great weekend you had, and glad that your DH was able to relax before he started his new job yesterday. I do still have to find some perennials to put under a pear tree that we have, right now I'm just putting some annuals under it for color. Like you I just don't know what I want to plant. Don't want anything to high, but something that will have color. Will have to think about it a bit yet. Glad that you found a new to you center for plants.

Thelma, Okay your description of your workout made ma LOL! I can just see you with those poor legs feeling the love that you just gave them. Very nice that your DH is take the office outdoors again. The ground cover I like the best is sedum. My favorite is the one called Flaming Carpet, because it does change color in areas where the sun hits it. It also doesn't need constant attention, and watering. If some break off, I just throw it in another area and it starts to take root. The other one that I really like is Bugleherb for under trees, this chokes out weeds no problem and has a pretty blue/purple flower around this time of the year for us. I saw the update on Cathe, it sounds like she is doing really well. I have tried butterfly bushes with no luck, so I gave up on them. I don't think they like our walnut trees. Maybe your DH's coworker is moving to the same place as our friends. :D You sound like me with watching to see if things are starting to bud.

Here is a pic of one of the sewing machines that I just purchased, and it just came back from getting serviced.
    84xs296otqik.jpg

Have a great day!
    Lsaurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,769 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 8/Back and Triceps followed by Cathe Live Cardio HiiT Plus Core and ended with STS Extended Stretch. It all felt really good today.

Thelma, great workouts! But you had me laughing with the description of how you felt. I so understand. And wow for trying Olivia!! I saw she has a new 45 minute HiiT and Hills workout this week, but after last week’s brutal one.....I am definitely not sure if I am going to attempt that this week. She loves speed and hates climbing......and I am the exact opposite. That is why every now and again I choose her workouts....just to challenge my weakness. But, like I said, I really have to be in the mood for it. :) I am so glad to hear you are going to be able to get away this week. I hope you enjoy it. And I am glad your pump will be in so soon. Thanks again for the update on Cathe.

Laurie, great workout. What a fantastic sewing machine! That is a piece of history right there. It looks to be in great shape. Our debate over our back area that we just cleaned out is whether to plant shrubs, flowers or just put in temporary potted plants during the summer. I think we are leaning towards the latter as we aren’t sure either plants or flowers would grow there very well unless we pour tons of top soil in the area. And then there is still the chance of it all being impacted by a heavy rain since it is the bottom of our hilled backyard. So temporary plants sound like so much less work!! The garden center has some huge pots that would suit that need pretty well. But DH is talking about doing a little more landscaping in the area so we can put in a bench or something nice like that. So....we’ll see what happens if and when we go back to that garden center this weekend. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were KCM 30MTF Cardio/Pump with 1 lb weights, Standing Pilates followed by stretching. My body's attitude was: Not today Thelma!
    I didn't sleep well last night so I as very tired. My legs didn't feel DOMSY but they did feel like lead. LOL

Laurie, great workouts! I love that RAW Cardio Finisher. Congrats on going heavier with your weights!

Even though my legs were crying for mercy I kept going with the standing portion of the workout. I knew my legs were getting a good workout. Thanks for those ground cover names and descriptions!!

It does sound like Cathe is doing much better. Thankfully she was treated properly and on time!
    I had a butterfly bush in MA and it bloomed for a couple of years but I think it died. OMG! I found a bud in my Gardenia bush! Yaaay!

OMG! A Singer sewing machine! That picture just brought me back to my childhood. Everybody in El Salvador who was a seamstress had a Singer machine when I was a kid! Congrats! The machine looks like it's in great shape. How old do you think it is?

DH's co-worker is moving somewhere in Orlando because he has a young child. I guess they want to be able to in a central location where they can do fun things with him. It's super hot there!

Laurel, great workouts!

I'm glad I made you and Laurie laugh with my leg workout experience! Too funny! After trying Olivia's easy workout I am wanting to try more of her workouts but I'll try the easy ones. She actually had a break a couple of breaks in this short workout.
    I love the climbing workouts too but I definitely need to work on speed so I'll keep trying her short workouts. I don't know if it was a mistake to ride the bike before doing a leg workout but I just felt like I had to push myself harder. I did and big time! LOL

Our little trip will not happen. DH is too busy with work. He feels bad because he'd promised me we'd go on a couple of day trips during the week because he hates the weekend crowds. I keep telling him that we don't need to go anywhere and that work comes first. He still wanted us to go on a short trip so I just suggested going out for breakfast at a place we haven't tried yet. We love breakfast food!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited May 2021
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Shape Up W1, and the Abs from Cathe's Pure Strength Legs. The rotation had Abs of choice, and I went for the all crunch workout. :D Plus it wasn't a long one, and you all know how much I enjoy adding on those abs. ;)

Laurel, Nice workouts! The sewing machine was kept fairly well. The bobbin winder had an issue, but overall the paint was super nice and the decals where perfect. My dd's say that my obsession with sewing machines is like dh's cars. Mine are a lot cheaper though. The potted plants sound like a good idea, it will give you some visual appeal when looking into the trees. That was one of the reasons that I cleaned up the rock beds in our yard. It was just so dull, but with the added flowers it looks so much better. I like the sound of the bench also. I bet you both come up with something that will be beautiful.

Thelma, Awesome job on the workouts! Sorry to hear that you didn't sleep well, and glad to hear that your legs where not feeling the DOMS even with your description. It's funny how people remember the standard black Singer sewing machine. The friend that is moving to FL has a sewing machine that was her grandmothers. She said it was a treadle but was converted to electric. She asked if I wanted it, and of course I said yes. :o My machine was manufactured in 1958, so it isn't the oldest machine that I have. There is a comprehensive list of serial numbers for the Singers, we people are crazy. :D For sure FL is hot in the summer, my friends said that they will be asking friends from the north if they can stay with them. We had a good laugh with that one. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton followed by 20 minutes of yoga. The spin workout ended up being 60 minutes total because I added a 5 minute warm-up and a much needed 10 minute cool down. I am so glad I did the warm-up first because the 45 minute workout only had a 3 minute warm up and that would not have been enough for me given its intensity. It was beyond brutal.....but it felt good to push myself to the limits today.

Thelma, great workouts. No doubt your body was saying ‘no thank you’ after yesterday’s workout! Spinning before legs is tough! One of the reasons I have opted for not spinning on STS days this rotation is I find spin so much more intense than regular cardio....and know the combo of it and STS would push me beyond. So great job doing it....and also listening to your body today. As you can probably guess, I did Olivia’s HiiT and Hills ride from Monday. :o Not one single flat road recovery in the workout. She did one section where you do a seated Tabata segment right into a standing Tabata segment, right into a standing climb with speed bursts right into another standing HiiT section. I thought I might die. :p I had to take a break before the last HiiT section and sat for about 15 seconds....but I kept up with her for most of the ride, which makes me very happy. I don’t know how that STS Legs workout is going to feel tomorrow though. I am sorry you won’t be taking your day trip, but breakfast sounds nice!

Laurie, great workouts. I love that Abs segment from Pure Strength. I love the length and the intensity....and, like you, no planks. :D Sewing machines are definitely cheaper than cars....and take up less soace. :D I told DH the other night that we should start collecting something as a hobby. He looked at me like I was crazy! :D I guess that makes sense since I am the one who is always pushing to get rid of things. B) Thank you for your feedback on the garden ideas. I was wandering around the yard earlier today and I am really beginning to think a bench AND flowers will be nice. So I see a visit to the garden center this weekend. :)

Enjoy the day.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were a Peloton Ride, STS Meso 1, Disc 8 Back and Triceps and a nice stretch session.

DH and I went out for from to a place we'd not been to before just to find out they started closing on Wednesdays due to the lack of staff.
    We went to one of our favorite restaurants and I'm glad we went there because it reminded us how much we liked that place.

Laurie, great workouts! I hear you about ab workouts and that is why I love those mish mosh workouts where Cathe inserts abs between exercises.

I love those stories of people having things that were their grandparents. I can't believe your friend is giving you her grandmother's sewing machine! Lucky you!
    I expected your new Singer to be much older than 63 years old! Wow! It's amazing that they're still around and in working condition.

I bet your friends are really going to ask you guys if they could spend some time up north with you when it gets really hot in FL. LOL

Laurel, sounds like a killer Peloton ride! Great job and good for you for taking the time to do a proper warmup and cool down ride. I can't believe you did this killer Olivia workout with no breaks or flat roads! Good for you!!! I'm glad you took a little break when you need it! I bet you needed a beach towel for the sweatfest! LOL

I did a 20 minute workout with a new instructor (to me) name Alex Toussaint. I really liked him. He is a lot of fun but tough. This workout was classified as a music type workout which I think is silly because they all play music. The level of difficulty for this workout was 7.3. He likes speed like Olivia and jumped off the saddle a few times. He was definitely sprinting. My 20 minute workout turned into 30 minutes because I still keep riding to challenge myself for 5 minutes more followed by a 5 minute cool down. I will definitely try more of his rides.

I can totally understand why you're not doing Peloton rides on STS days. You're waaay more advanced than I am with your rides. My 20-30 minute rides are tough for me but not killers like your workouts.

You definitely should do container gardening in that spot! That's what most of my garden is about but it's on the deck. We bought a beautiful and heavy cement bench at Lowe's a couple of weeks ago for less than $70.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW Lower Body Pyramid. Have to love a leg workout that doesn't have step ups in it. :D

Laurel, Great job with the workouts, and getting through that brutal spin. You totally understand my going for that workout, I bypassed all of the workouts that said planks in the Ab Hits DVD. :D LOL about your DH giving you that look about collecting, that had to be priceless. I'm sure that you will be collecting enough golf balls so that you can go out and play some more rounds. It is always fun to bring out that creativity, and I'm sure that you will come up with something pretty for that area. I'm just glad that when I get some idea in my head about the yard, DH is on board with it.

Thelma, Nice workouts! Glad to hear that you had a nice meal at your favorite restaurant, guess it ended up to be a good option with the store closing in the middle of the week. I was suppose to do the Descending Pyramid workouts this morning, but it was an hour long and I didn't get up early enough. That one has ab work in between all of the body parts. So I will do that one tomorrow, so it will be very similar to the Cathe Mish Moshes. A lot of these older machines are actually better than the new machines that are being put out today. Most of the gears in these old ones are all metal, so that is why they are still going strong. They started putting plastic parts in so that you where forced to buy a new machine. Kind of like appliances in your house.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 9/Legs followed by Shock Cardio MMA Boxing. I did the latter with 2# egg weights which put a nice little toast in it for sure. This was the perfect workout after yesterday’s spin and the STS Legs before it since I felt pretty wiped out going in to it. I wouldn’t be surprised to see me reaching for these MMA workouts more throughout this rotation. It only took 10 years for me to understand why, because they are supposed to be paired with STS, Cathe made them with less intensity!! I’m a slow learner. :#

Thelma, great workouts. I was thinking about you throughout that leg workout today. I so wanted to give up before that bonus section!! I pushed through but didn’t necessarily enjoy it. I have done a few Alex Toussaint workouts and really enjoy him. But, as you said, he is tough. For whatever reason, Peloton differentiates between ‘music-driven’ spins and ‘training’ spins. What I think they mean is the latter is meant to have a training goal in mind (endurance or strength or both) where, if you are inclined, you are able to benchmark your progress whereas the music ones are kind of whatever the instructor feels like putting together. The only ‘training’ rides I do with any consistency are the HiiT and Hills rides, though I do Tabata or Intervals or HiiT on occasion. I also love Climb rides when they offer them. But I shy away from the endurance (powerzone) rides. I did one when I first started with Peloton and thought I was going to die from boredom and sore legs. I keep thinking I should try one again, but.....But I do a lot of music-driven rides. They usually make me smile. :) I am glad you enjoyed visiting the restaurant again!

Laurie, great workout. Any leg workout without step-ups is a good leg workout. :D You are right about collecting golf balls but, sadly, if we play a course with any water, we lose more than we collect. :o That being said, I haven’t lost a single golf ball since we have been back to playing which is kind of amazing. But the courses we have played on don’t have me playing over water. DH, though, loses them all the time in the trees. I keep saying I don’t as much because my ball doesn’t go very far....which is true! My DH is very supportive of my garden ideas too. He has all kinds of plans if we end up getting this bench I like. I think he is looking forward to the project of it more than the bench itself. I will enjoy the bench. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Zumba, Vinyasa Flow, S&S PHA Mish Mosh Lower Body Split #1: All of the lower body, followed by a stretching session. I felt pretty tired all day long and working out was not something I wanted to do but I pushed through and got it done. This is the second time it happened this week and now I realize that it's probably because the day before I did STS and a Peloton ride.

We hit 77 degrees today! Wow! Next week we'll hit 80's and 90's! I'm not ready for that yet! We're back at dry weather so I hope we get some rain soon.

My new fountain pump arrived today. Two days earlier than expected and it works! DH fed the cable through the pot's draining hole so he had to remove the original one and apply silicone to seal it. We'll give it a go on Friday.

Laurie, great workout! I don't mind step up. The moves I don't like at all are jump ups and chin ups on the tower because it always moves on me!

I told DH I don't even want to try the new restaurant because our favorite one is the one we both love. The food is good and the wait staff is amazing.

That Descending Pyramid workout sounds great! Is that a DVD or a RAW workout?
    I am not surprised that the new sewing machines don't last because of the plastic parts.

Laurel, great workouts and good for you for doing the entire leg workout! I didn't know Cathe made the MMA workouts to be paired with STS. Great strategy!

Congratulations on finishing that entire leg workout! I just couldn't move anymore.
    As far as I'm concerned every Peloton ride is a training session! I know what you mean though, they do have training ones which are really good. I liked it better when they classified the workouts as beginner, intermediate, advanced. I would love to know what those music or groove workouts are classified as without having to click on each workout to see the level of difficulty. I've never tried one of those powerzone ones. I wouldn't enjoy a boring workout either!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was the RAW Descending Pyramid. This is a high rep workout, and we did 45 sec of weight work followed by 20 sec of abs. It was a long one, but I did get up early this morning so that I could get it done.

Laurel, Nice workout, and glad that you are liking those MMA workouts after all of this time. Of course Cathe is a genius when it comes to workouts. All those heavy weights really wear you out. I know that I sleep better after a weight workout vs. cardio. Nice that you are not losing those golf balls. I would probably be like your DH and hit them into the trees. Have fun with the landscaping beautification project.

Thelma, Good job getting your workouts in despite the motivation being low. We are in the 70's right now, it is going to be a muggy day again for us. Can't complain, because we have been in such cold temps lately that this feels pretty good. Awesome news on the pump, and getting your bath in working order by today. The workout is a RAW, and a good one for sure.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Strong Upper Body Express followed by a 45 minute spin with Peloton. This ride was much more tolerable than Wednesday’s which is good because my legs are talking to me about yesterday’s STS workout. And they aren’t saying nice things. :# I am so glad tomorrow is yoga day.

Thelma, great workouts. I am so glad your pump came in and worked. I bet you are excited to finish this project. We are supposed to be in the mid-90’s for the first part of next week. :o I am ready for heat, but that seems a bit excessive for May. It makes me think we are in for one long hot summer. Like you, I just wish we were getting some rain. And I agree about every Peloton ride being training! It took me a year to figure what they were talking about on the music vs training thing because all I knew was I was winded and sweating during every ride. I am surprised they don’t classify their rides from beginner to advanced, but they might thing ‘beginner’ makes it sound like the instructor is going to walk you through how to sit and stand and what each position is, etc, and that would be off-putting for people who are just looking for a milder workout. But, like you, I would like to have some idea of intensity without having to click on each workout.

Laurie, sounds like a great workout! As I circle back to some of Cathe’s older workouts where I thought when I first did them ‘what was she thinking?’ I am beginning to understand that Cathe has a very forward vision of workouts. Like you said, she really is a genius who just keeps evolving while still, in many ways, being the same. I agree completely about heavier weights wearing me out more than cardio. Meso 2, for me, is the Mesocycle in STS that wears me out the most. So I have that to look forward to in a few weeks. :D

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. We had a great and busy weekend and the weather was warm but I could tell there was a little humidity in the air.

Saturday we went on a little trip to a Mennonite farm in rural Delano, TN in search of my favorite Sorghum and Molasses syrup and tomato bread. What a beautiful experience that was! The ride there was beautiful and calming because of the scenery. We went along to Ocoee River and it was absolutely beautiful. The Mennonites market was amazing! You could breathe peace and love in there. DH and I both felt the same way. It was almost an spiritual experience. The men at the store were so nice and helpful that DH and I felt like we wanted to give them a hug. We found my syrup and bread. The produce was absolutely fresh and beautiful. The heads of lettuce were gorgeous. You could tell they'd just been harvested. The strawberries were super sweet. I can't wait to go back there. We eventually made it to a little restaurant in a neighboring town for brunch.
    In the afternoon I spent almost three hours deadheading my Calibrachoas (Million Bells). Not really deadheading because the spent flowers fall off on their own but they leave their receptacles behind. There were what felt like thousands of receptacles all over the plants. In my experience cutting the receptacles makes a big difference on this plant. I did 3 plants and DH sort of did 2 which I have to redo because he left a bunch of receptacles behind. LOL

My workouts on Friday were: Peloton Ride, S&S PHA Mish Mosh Upper Body Split #1 and Stretching.
    On Sunday: Fit Split Boxing Bootcamp, Boxing Only, Cathe's Turbo Barre - Standing Leg Work Only, STS Meso 1, Disk 7: Shoulders Only and Stretching.

GA is going to be in a heatwave this week. According to my weather up here in BR we won't make 90 but will make 89. I say close enough!
    I feel that I have further acclimated. I now freeze with the AC! Even last summer I was blasting the AC. Now I keep turning off! I do need it when I workout though. I told DH I didn't recognize myself anymore! LOL. He of course is loving it because he doesn't have to freeze at home because of me.

My fountain works and it's beautiful! We have to make a second birdbath for my pollinator garden. I have waterproof the terracotta planter and drip tray. Maybe I'll work on that next weekend.

Laurie, love the sound of that Pyramid workout! Great job!
    I hope you continue to have warm temps!

Laurel, great workouts! I'm glad you gave yourself a break with the spin bike! LOL

OMG your neck of the woods is going to be sooooo hot! it's too soon for this! I agree that it is a bit excessive for May.
    Now that you've explained the difference between a Music and Training rides I know exactly what you mean. At least they still call beginner workouts beginner because I do remember doing those when I first started doing Peloton rides. I have been trying different instructors and found my first boring ride. It was just blah.

If you ever want some sorghum and molasses syrup let me know and I'll mail you some. This one is made by the Mennonites. One of the Mennonites told me that the one I was buying was made last fall. The syrup is made in the fall. It doesn't go bad though.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a nice, but really hot weekend. We did have to turn on the AC, just because it was so muggy. On Friday, just before I was going to leave, I was informed that a tire on my car was flat. So I'm lucky that I'm in the Maintenance department, because I had help with getting this thing changed out. So on Saturday we where out getting my car decked out with new tire, because we where going to get some new ones after this summer anyway. The screw in my tire just upped that date. I did get some gardening done, in between dropping off my car and picking it up. Sunday was a rainy day, so I spent my time getting my hair colored and then in my basement quilting. I'm just really glad that I will be off Th and Fr of this week. It will make for a nice long weekend.

My workouts where Saturday gardening, Sunday 30MTF Kickboxing W1 and this morning 30MTF Cardio Pump Premix and I used my egg weights for both of those workouts.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts, and I hope that you really enjoyed your yoga day. I agree with you on the long hot summer. We had temps in the 80's, and that is hot for us. But this morning it was back down into the 50's. Felt great, but then we are constantly doing the blanket changing. I don't enjoy being to hot at night. You will probably be talking about being hungry also in a couple of weeks with the Meso 2 workouts. I remember when I was doing those, I would get very hungry.

Thelma, What a great experience you had with your trip, and it sounds like a very pretty trip along the way. Great job with all your workouts too. Nice that you are acclimating to your new weather. We had to purchase a new fan on Saturday, it was just so hot. DH didn't want to turn on the AC, but the humidity forced him to. Everything just had this film of dew on it. I could really tell the difference from being in the basement, and then coming upstairs. Awesome that your fountain works, and now onto the bath.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    edited May 2021
    This is our DIY birdbath. Pictures don't do it justice. The water from the fountain drips down into a terracotta bowl so it lasts a while. So far the solar panel has been amazing. It runs even when the sunlight is not hitting it. It practically runs all day even if at times it's only spitting.
    No feathered customers yet but the humans love its soothing sounds.
    mxi31i1yan8p.jpg
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was very nice despite the hot weather. On Saturday we went on bought the bench I had eyed up for our backyard. It took some work to level the ground where we wanted it since our yard is so sloped, but I surprised myself by being able to do that while DH worked on our sprinklers. We then worked together in getting it in place (it is very heavy), the ground around it rocked in and then getting the mulch/pine straw back in place. I am very happy with the results. The bench legs are little elephants which makes me smile since I find elephants to be such wonderful creatures. We still need to get some flowers in place, but that will wait a couple of weeks. At least the hard part is done. Here is a photo:

8acku0s1dga5.jpeg

Yesterday, we relaxed on the golf course which was wonderfully empty due to the heat.

For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith Power Walk followed by 45 minutes of yoga with Kristen McGee. Yesterday was STS Disc 7/Chest, followed by a 20 minute spin into Cathe Live Legs, Cardio and Core Galore. Today was STS Disc 7/Shoulders followed by a 60 minute spin and the Extended Stretch 1 from the LITE series.

Thelma, great workouts. I love your birdbath! I am so glad it is working properly. No doubt the birds will find it. Your trip to Tennessee sounds wonderful. I mentioned to DH last week I wanted to get back up there for Sorghum. If we don’t make it soon, I may take you up on the offer to send some to me! But hopefully we will be able to get up there some time this summer. I could use a day trip. We are in this heatwave with you. We did get into the 90s yesterday. Thankfully there was a light breeze which made the golf excursion very tolerable. But I can feel the humidity too already. I don’t mind it except when I am sleeping....or, more accurately, not sleeping because I am too hot!

Laurie, great workouts. I’m sorry about the nail in your tire, but I am glad you were able to get it fixed....and that somebody let you know before you attempted to drive home. Sounds like your Saturday was an unusually warm one too. Please send some of that rain our way because things are drying out here very rapidly.....and it is a bit concerning. You nailed it on the hunger with Meso 2. Those workouts make me hungry and sleepy....even more than Meso 3 does! But they are also my favorite workouts for the series, so I guess that is the trade off.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Laurel, I'm in love with your bench!!! I LOVE the elephants and the white rocks! Ours is not as pretty as yours but it goes well with the rock wall behind it.
    z7s59wcyymqi.jpg
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Peloton Low Impact Ride, STS Meso 1, Disk 7: Chest Only and stretching.

For a day in the high 80's it didn't feel that way thanks to the lack of humidity.

Laurie, I'm glad you had a nice weekend but it sounds like it was way too hot! You sure are lucky your co-workers were able to help you replace the tire. At least you already had planned to get new tires after the summer.

Great workouts!!

Too funny about your DH not wanting to turn the AC on! The difference between the basement and an upper level is huge. Most houses here don't have basements but our lower level is also much cooler than upstairs.

Laurel, I'm so glad you had a nice weekend, got your beautiful bench and played golf! Sounds like an awesome weekend to me.

Your bench is beautiful! I love the white stone base and the placement between those trees. Post a picture when you add the flowers!

Great workouts! Don' forget to add golf to that list!

I'm kind of hoping the large birds don't find the new birdbath. I've made it shallow by adding those little stones for the hummingbirds.

Laurel, if you want sorghum syrup just let me know and I'll be happy to send get some and ship out to you. One of our neighboring towns has a sorghum syrup festival in the summer but I don't know if they'll cancel it this year again.

We haven't felt much humidity but have felt some around mid-day. Our location is cooler because of the altitude.
    BTW, I discovered over the weekend that some gas stations still don't have gas around here or in TN!

Have a wonderful day ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was a really fun workout, even though it wasn't intense. RAW Stretch and Tone; RAW Heavy Bag 4. The stretch & tone reminded me of her Body Training workout. I did put on my 2.5lb ankle weights, since she included some floor work. The boxing workout was around 20 min., and had some great music. I used my 1.5lb egg weights for this one.

Laurel, I LOVE the bench, it looks so peaceful. My oldest dd would love that one, she is a huge fan of elephants. Great job on the workouts. We are suppose to get some thunderstorms today, so more rain. I hope that it manages to reach your area. We did have very dry conditions earlier this spring, but are now able to have back yard fires if we want to. I'm on my last phase of this rotation, it is three weeks. It will actually take me to my nieces wedding on the 12th of June. I have to find a new rotation. It will be tough, because I have been enjoying this one so much.

Thelma, Your fountain/bath looks awesome! Hope those humming birds find it. I'm sure it will give you some great relaxing enjoyment just listening to it also. I have a small fountain that runs most evenings. You can hear it when the windows are open, so relaxing. Nice job on your workouts also. Glad to hear that your 80's where much more comfortable than ours was. This rain does contribute to the humidity.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Thank you for the compliments on the bench. I just love seeing it out there every day. It makes me smile.

Today’s workout was STS Disc 7/Biceps followed by Step Boss Step Sync and Abs Stacker. This was a perfect cardio workout for today because it is not at all intense.....and that is exactly what I needed. :) I know I have a tough workout tomorrow with STS Legs and spin so a little breather felt good.

Thelma, great workouts! Your bench looks beautiful there. You got that at Lowe’s? All our Lowe’s had in the way of garden art was things like owls and pink flamingos. Just...not good. I am glad you weren’t feeling the heat so much yesterday. DH and I just returned from a walk and our humidity is definitely on the rise. The sun is so intense we are watering the grass twice a day and I am watering plants three times a day. Rain would be most welcome! Thank you again for the offer on sorghum syrup. I am just surprised I can’t find it here when it is readily available just across the Tennessee border....which is 30 minutes away. That is so weird about the gas stations still being out of gas! We have nothing like that here.

Laurie, sounds like a great workout. The more I learn about elephants, the more I love them. I have adopted some baby orphan elephants in Kenya, and gifted one to each of my sisters. They brought so much peace last year when everything was just.....crazy. Being able to go on Instagram and watch baby elephants play in real time was very therapeutic. I can’t believe your niece’s wedding is coming up so quickly, though for her I imagine it can’t get here soon enough. You are welcome to join in on our rotation!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel