Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    We ended up having brats for supper, with some jars of homemade pantry staples for a quick dinner: coleslaw, green beans, and dilly tomatoes. I was even just under my calories yesterday.

Today we are driving down to Shenandoah to go hiking, and probably eating both lunch and dinner out. Not going to particularly worry a out calories, other than refraining from snacking in the car.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    We are meeting our son and daughter in law for lunch so we will probably have Greek salads for dinner...something light!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    Still no Jello 50 (60) calorie chocolate pudding at the grocery store :(

Had to eat a whole heck of a lot of watermelon this afternoon. (and a couple of the dulce de leche puddings - but they just aren't the same)

I promise PAV, once they have the chocolate in stock - I'll starting some mixing! I'm thinking the chocolate would go really well with the Astro cappuccino yogurt! But haven't seen that in forever either.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    Oiiiiiii. You need to expand your search area! Watermelon is good value for calories anyway.... and more sugar 😛😹
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2021
    Nothing very inspiring: nuked a high cal (530) bacon Mac & cheese and did not nuke a cliff bar (273) and am now heading out with bed cover despoiler for a forest romp!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    @Lauriekellis

[quote=
    WOW.

I don't believe a morsel would have passed by mine. Good on you, Janatki![/quote]

Ha ha! ... it would have been different if scones.... cheese / fruit / cream or plain 😬🤭
  • Janatki
    eliezalot wrote: »
    We ended up having brats for supper, with some jars of homemade pantry staples for a quick dinner: coleslaw, green beans, and dilly tomatoes. I was even just under my calories yesterday.

Today we are driving down to Shenandoah to go hiking, and probably eating both lunch ..Bratsand dinner out. Not going to particularly worry a out calories, other than refraining from snacking in the car.

Today we are driving down to Shenandoah to go hiking, and probably eating both lunch and dinner out. Not going to particularly worry a out calories, other than refraining from snacking in the car.

.....Brats? ...that means spoilt children over here.... you ate children ... quick call social care! 😆
  • eliezalot
    Janatki wrote: »

Today we are driving down to Shenandoah to go hiking, and probably eating both lunch ..Bratsand dinner out. Not going to particularly worry a out calories, other than refraining from snacking in the car.

.....Brats? ...that means spoilt children over here.... you ate children ... quick call social care! 😆

:lol::lol: Well I didn't think of that, lol!
    We call bratwursts "brats," but also spoiled children are brats (though pronounced slightly differently, of course)...just to make it extra fun...
  • eliezalot
    Well I accidentally ate more trail mix than I planned on in the car yesterday (it was so good though). Breakfast was oatmeal, lunch was half a roast beef sandwich and a thing of hummus and pretzels, and supper was a pulled pork sandwich, potato salad, and green beans. I was likely over maintenance thanks to the trail mix, but I'm not particularly worried.

Today I had some apple butter donuts for breakfast (leftover from our supper stop last night), a tuna salad wrap for lunch, and husband is making some scallops, rice, and roasted broccoli for supper. I'll be just slightly over my calories, but still in a deficit.
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2021
    Ended up meeting some friends at the park and we had BBQ pork chops with baked potato and glazed carrots.

Reminded me once more that being picky about which condiments are worth their calories to me really does make a difference.

My baked (aka jacket) potato, compared to some of the other ones on the table, I would eyeball at about half the calories (a good
    2-300 Cal less) based on the cheese, sour cream, bacon, and butter quantities I saw.

I dressed mine with some bacon bits and with some of my glazed carrots (which by my metrics were already swimming in glaze, so a 2:1 deal by straining them on the baked potato!). Dragged my friend for a walk while the kids procured chocolate and key lime pies... and came back too late for us to get a share! :wink:
  • PAV8888
    Major warning @lauriekallis re: the Jello refrigerated pudding.

It has XYLITOL, which is majorly incompatible with DOGS

(of concern to me since Skylar is normally on clean up duty!)
  • Janatki
    Roast chicken yesterday ......chicken risotto today ..... Need a different Sunday lunch routine!
  • Janatki
    Jeez ... I want a takeaway!
  • eliezalot
    Janatki wrote: »
    Jeez ... I want a takeaway!

Oooh take out sounds so good, and now I'm really craving some curry.

You can definitely plan for it! Sometimes I order something lighter on the menu, sometimes I order what my heart desires and fit it in or eat at maintenance that day. You have to do a fair amount of guessing for logging, but it is totally doable to occasionally fit it in! (I usually do about once every two weeks).
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Due to unforeseen indulgences yesterday ( chicken fajita roll up at Applebee’s ).... I ate pretty light today....air fryer chicken legs for dinner and 2 servings of fresh green beans...I also bought some very high fiber cereal to mix in my yogurt since PAV8888 reminded me I was not getting enough fiber!....TYVM!