Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Friday Fitness: I like to watch and episode of a show while I am riding my stationary bike. Today I began biking for a bit while I was figuring out what to watch. I ended up biking for a half hour before I decided to catch up on This is Us. I ended up biking for 70 minutes - my machine told me I burned over 1K calories. I am not sure how accurate that is though. When I was done I worked on upper body exercises with weights. I have been focusing on using weights more regularly. I can feel my muscles starting to become defined. It's a good feeling.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • JNettie73
    Just sharing my stats today

Starting weight: 270 March 2021

May Start Weight: 248.6
    May Goal Weight: 239/240
    Ultimate Goal Weight: TBD

I weigh in on Sundays.

May 2: 248.6
    May 9: 246.2
    May 16: 242.8
    May 23: 241.6
    May 29:
    May 30:

I got my workout in early this morning. I am skipping weights today to give my muscles a break. It is goregous out today and very warm. We are going to do a family day and go to the beach. My daughter is very excited!
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Checking In:

Joni, 48, 5'4”
    SW = 166 (March 30, 2021
    GW: 115-125

5/7/21 = 153.4
    5/14/21 = 151.6
    5/21/21 = 150
    5/28/21 =

Think I have a long term project on my hands (besides weight loss!). Decided to transform several rooms in the house as my two adult children move out.

Going to turn the game room into a home gym.

Make the downstairs guest room into a home office

Turn one upstairs bedroom into a craft room

Turn another bedroom upstairs into the guest room.

This may be a multi-year project!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Hi everyone!

Busy Saturday--the neighborhood we moved into has a garage sale every year. I didn't really have much to sell (we purged a lot when we moved), but my mom and sister had a lot of items, so they came over and we sold a bunch of their stuff. After helping with set up, sitting out in the heat most of the day, and helping pack up what was left, I made exactly $2. LOL. After they left at 4:30, I decided to mow the lawn since I was already all sweaty. Glad I did because it rained most of the day today.

Today, I mostly caught up on laundry and also switched out my sweaters for summer clothing in my closet.

No weight loss this week, but I went out for food and drinks twice, so I'm not surprised. I was happy that I only fluctuated up to 198.8. Sometimes when I eat out I can gain 5 lbs of water weight from all of the sodium in restaurant food. Even when I know that's the cause, it can still be discouraging to see the higher number on the scale.

Tomorrow starts our last full week of school. Hooray!!

@JNettie73 -- I do remember you talking about Harvest Moon--so sorry to hear about your loss. The hardest part about Gunner right now is that he's starting to have some bad days here and there, but then he'll bounce back and be really perky and great. It's so hard to know when it's the right time, but I've heard it said, better a week early than an hour late. My biggest fear right now is that he will fall and break a leg or hip, and we will have to rush him to the vet to be put down. I don't want him to go out scared and in pain. I think once I finish school on June 1st, my husband and I will need to have a serious discussion about letting him go. We already know we want to use Laps of Love, so he can go here at home.

As for the garden, yes, this is my first. At our old place we would buy a couple of tomato plants each summer and just grow them in pots, and we also had a basil plant last summer. However, we never committed to anything more.

@lmf1012 --that sounds like a fun place. The bars around us are just starting to really start booking events with live music again, so I'm looking forward to going out again. I also already have two other concerts at Wrigley in late summer prior to going to Ohana Fest in September.

Those projects sound great! My big project inside our house will be redecorating the office. Right now, it's got terrible hunter green and white checked wallpaper one the lower wall and pink and green flowers on the upper wall, with a border in between that has books and beer steins on it. Very ugly and very 90s. I will need to strip all of that wallpaper (which I've never done before) and then paint.

Karen
    51 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)
    Weight on 1/1/2021 = 207.4
    GW: 185 (my previous low)

5/7/21 = 198.4
    5/14/21 = 197.4
    5/21/21 = 197.4
    5/28/21 =
  • JNettie73
    Monday Check-In: My glucose was elevated again this morning. Today I snacked on my daughter's sour cream and onion potato chips and her funyons. I was just craving salty and crunchy today. I logged full servings of each but honestly I don't think I ate that much. I bought a new plant based cookbook a few weeks ago. Tonight I tried a new recipe from it. Quinoa and chickpeas with kale. I harvested some kale from the garden for it. It came out delicious, my husband and daughter loved it too. Here is the recipe if anyone is interested. I used dried beans and skipped adding the feta cheese. https://www.popsugar.com/food/Baked-Quinoa-Casserole-Kale-Chickpeas-32029340

@lmf1012 Sounds like you will be extremely busy! Last March I converted my guest room into an art room. I love to draw and paint. I also like to craft. What kind of crafting do you do?

@skinnyjeanzbound Your green room sounds well... green. HAHA. When we bought our house our guest room was orange, complete with an orange ceiling. We just lived with it the way it was until I decided to finally convert it to my art room. I was so happy to get rid of the orange! My husband took the wallpaper down in my daughter's room when we fixed that room up for her arrival. It was quite a project. They make special products to help remove the wallpaper. I remember him telling me it was not terribly difficult to do just tedious.
  • lmf1012
    @JNettie73

Sour cream and onion chips sure sound good right about now lol

The craft room is actually for my 11 yr old daughter, she’s the crafty one. She loves to make things, with all kinds of artistic mediums. She loves to cut up the empty cardboard boxes and make forts and other “homes” for our chihuahua or her stuffed animals. She loves to draw a lot too.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @JNettie73 -- Yes, I will need to do some research to figure out the best approach to stripping the wallpaper before I start it. Luckily, I have the time to tackle that tedious task over the summer. I make a quinoa and chick pea salad that sounds similar, I add cooked asparagus and goat cheese. It's a staple of mine for lunch--delicious cold or heated.

AFM-- this has been a crazy food and drink filled week. Monday, I had a meeting after work, and my husband was tired. Neither of us felt like cooking, so we ordered take out from a local gyro place. Then, yesterday was our year-end Association dinner at Wildfire. I ate WAY too much--to the point that my stomach actually hurt! I didn't even try to log it in my food diary. Today, our BOE bought us breakfast, and though I indulged, I will be within my calorie allowance due to a lower cal lunch and dinner. Tomorrow, my teacher friends and I are going out for beverages after work, so I will need to account for those calories as well.

Wednesday Wish:
    That I can get into a really good routine of running, walking, and strength training now that school is ending.

Karen
    51 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)

5/7/21 = 198.4
    5/14/21 = 197.4
    5/21/21 = 197.4
    5/28/21 =
  • JNettie73
    Friday Fitness: My routine has not changed however I did increase the amount of weight I use for my upper body exercises. I can feel a difference in my body. It's fantastic.

I have exciting news to share! I had my followup with my doctor today. She was pleased with the results of my blood work. She said my A1C is right where she wants it to be then added it is actually slightly lower than what she tells her patients to aim for. She isn't putting me on any additional meds except a B12 vitamin. She believes with the way things are going that I will be able to eventually come off my medication for diabetes.

@lmf1012 I love that your daughter is so creative! My daughter loves to draw and create things too. I gave her a crafting corner in my art room.

@skinnyjeanzbound Your quinoa and chickpea dish sounds delicious. I love asparagus. It sounds like you have a very busy week. I hope you had a great time!

• JNettie73

May Start Weight: 248.6
    May Goal Weight: 239/240

I weigh in on Sundays.

May 2: 248.6
    May 9: 246.2
    May 16: 242.8
    May 23: 241.6
    May 30: 241.0

I had a follow up with my doctor on Friday. I weighed in the morning before I went and I was 239. I was excited because I met my May goal. Last night we had family movie night, I snacked on some popcorn. Well, today was my weigh in day and it only reflected a .6 loss. Oh well. At first I was bummed but after thinking about it I know weight fluctuates. These things sometimes just happen. I have come a long way since I started this journey a few months ago. I am really proud of all the progress I have made so far. My NSVs by far tell more than a number on a scale does.

My greatest NSV was my follow up appointment with my doctor. She reviewed my lab work with me. My numbers are looking really great. She was very pleased with my A1C. She told me that it is right where she tells her patients to aim for then corrected herself and said mine is actually a little below that. My B12 is low which is a combination of my meds for diabetes and a vegetarian diet. I have started supplementing with a B complex vitamin to get that back up to where it needs to be. At this point in time she is going to hold off putting me on any additional medications such as cholesterol. She believes with the life style changes that I have made my numbers will continue to improve and I will not need medication, including the one she has me on now. I walked out of that appointment feeling like I was on cloud 9!
  • JNettie73
    Name: Jeanette

June Start Weight: 241
    June Goal Weight: somewhere between 230 - 235

I weigh in on Sundays.

June 6:
    June 13:
    June 20:
    June 27:

I just completed my monthly measurements and progress pictures. I am down 29 lbs since starting. My pictures didn't reflect as much progress as I had hoped but there have been many other positive changes that I am okay with it. My A1C is in a decent place, my doctor thinks I can eventually come off my medication for diabetes, I am sleeping better, I have more engery, most days (not all) I am averaging 10K steps or higher, my chronic cough has completely gone away, I am not tired all the time, it is easier for me to sit and get up off the ground when playing with my daughter, I don't have the same aches and pains as I did before - now my aches are exercise induced LOL, I am so much happier than I was before, I wake up happy and ready to seize the day, I don't get tired and winded from playing with my daughter outside, I listen to my body, I have finally made time for myself and taking back my life and so much more!

Each measurement decreased unless noted.
    Waist: - 1.1 inch
    Hips: - 2.2 iches
    Right Thigh: - 1 inch
    Left Thigh: stayed the same
    Bust: - .5 inch
    Right Arm: - 1.5 inches
    Left Arm: - 1 inch
    Neck: stayed the same

My June goal is to keep doing what I am doing - focus on lowing my fasting blood glucose level, losing weight, and exercising regularly. Last month I increased the weight I used for my upper body workout from 3lb weights to 5 lb weights. I plan on keeping that routine at that weight and adding in an abdominal workout.

Here is to a new month and chapter in our journey! I wish you all the best!
  • skinnyjeanzbound

@JNettie73 -- congrats on your results at the Dr's office and all of your progress so far! I had an opposite experience with a fairly high cholesterol reading at my appt. last week My levels are hereditary and have very little relationship to the amount of cholesterol in the foods I eat. I even tried medication to lower it when I was in my 30s which had very little impact. The only thing that has a major impact on those numbers is decreasing my carb intake, so I will focus on doing that prior to my next appt.

AFM-- I'm enjoying not being in school. Last week was a lot of just being lazy and catching up on sleep. This week, I've gone on 2 longer walks--Tuesday with a friend and yesterday on my own. Tuesday, my friend and I also checked out my neighborhood pool in the afternoon which was fun. Today another friend is coming over to go to the pool. but I need to get some housework done beforehand because my aunt is in town, so my whole family is coming over on Sunday, and we are all going out to dinner tonight.

Despite all of the eating out and drinks with friends, my weight is still creeping down because I've been staying under my calorie allowance overall.

Karen
    51 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)

5/7/21 = 198.4
    5/14/21 = 197.4
    5/21/21 = 197.4
    5/28/21 = 197
    6/4/21 = 196.7
    6/11/21 = 196.4
  • lmf1012
    @JNettie73 you are making great progress and all of those NSVs are fantastic! 29lbs since March is so awesome! I also take monthly pictures and did not notice much change from April to May like I did from March to April, my first full month. I started taking measurements but silly me deleted the app I was tracking them in so lost what they were.

@skinnyjeanzbound I also had high cholesterol at one of my recent appointments and was put on medication. My next appointment is in August and I am hoping they drop enough that maybe I can stop the meds but honestly, I am not sure how much impact my diet and exercise will have. The scale is definitely moving in the right direction for you, and your goal is not so far away!

I started lifting weights this month, trying to maintain as much lean muscle as possible as I lose weight, plus it is the only exercise I halfway like. I don't mind walking but man do I hate any type of cardio like the treadmill, elliptical, stairmaster, or bike.

My goal for June is to be able to lift more weight by the end of June as I did in the beginning. I would also like to drop 5 lbs.

Joni
    Age 48
    5' 4"
    SW = 166 (March 30, 2021)
    June SW = 147.8
    June GW = 142.8

6/7= 148.2
    6/14 =
    6/21 =
    6/28 =

• skinnyjeanzbound
    @lmf1012 -- Thanks, I'm happy the number is going down, even if it's just a little bit at a time. Lifting is, by far, my favorite form of exercise. Unfortunately, after rehabbing two frozen shoulders, my range of motion and strength is not as good as it used to be. As a result, I can't get into proper form to do squats. My right shoulder also has a tendency to sort of slip a bit in the socket, so I cant lift anything heavy with that arm and cannot do my favorite lifts like deadlifts, overhead press, or bench press. I can use very light dumbbells, but that's not as fun for me. On the plus side, I really like to run and do other forms of cardio.

AFM-- Yesterday at the pool was fun, and today I finished shopping and cleaning for my quests tomorrow. We are just having lunch, so I bought a bunch of deli stuff to put out. Dinner last night was at a Greek Restaurant, and I ordered a very delicious and healthy grilled octopus with quinoa. I saved half of it for lunch today. For dessert, we ordered two choices for the whole table to share, so I just had a small bite of each.

Today was sooooo hot outside, but now it's raining and temps have cooled off a bit. Tomorrow is supposed to much nicer with lower humidity.

I don't remember if I've mentioned this, but my friend's brother bought a condo in Naples, FL, and she is spending most of the summer there. She invited me to come down to visit, so I booked my flights last week. I leave on July 9th which gives me just under 4 weeks until the trip, so I'm making a short-term goal to get down to 192 by the time I leave.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Karen
    51 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)

5/7/21 = 198.4
    5/14/21 = 197.4
    5/21/21 = 197.4
    5/28/21 = 197
    6/4/21 = 196.7
    6/11/21 = 196.4
    6/18/21 =
  • JNettie73

June Start Weight: 241
    June Goal Weight: somewhere between 230 - 235

I weigh in on Sundays.

June 6: 239.4
    June 13: 236.8
    June 20:
    June 27:

It has been a good week for me. I have been experimenting with some new recipes and so far I have loved everything I have made. I increased the resistance on my bike. I feel it in my thighs but it is a good feeling. I also increased my weights from 3 to 5 lbs and have been doing my upperbody routine more regulary. I added in abdominal exercises however I have no core strength. This was very challenging for me. I did the best I could. I know in time I will get there.

This morning my daughter spotted a pair of mourning doves on my back patio. When I looked out at them I spotted an eastern box turtle walking in one of my gardens. Of course I ran out there and took some pictures. We are surrounded by woods and always have critters passing through my yard. A few weeks ago I spotted a ground hog scampering across my patio.

@skinnyjeanzbound Sorry to hear your doctor appointment was not as good as mine. I hope you have better results at your next one. I am happy to hear you are enjoying your time off from school. We end much later than you do, June 24th. I will be teaching in the summer program for July - August. This will be the first time in a year that I have stepped into my classroom, I've been working remotely. I have mixed feelings about it.
    My aunt and uncle live in Naples. I've never been but it looks beautiful from the pictures I've seen. I hope you have a great time! I have faith that you will reach your short term goal.

@lmf1012 Thank you! I really am proud of all the progress I have made. The other night I was looking in the mirror at my profile and I noticed I can see my knees again. I had little fat puffs for knees. They are still there at the top of my knee but I can see my knee bone. My husband laughed at me when I showed off my knees. HAHAHA I track my measurements on MFP. I set up a category for each one that I take. I used to have a seperate spreadsheet and track there but I discovered in one of my previous rounds on here it was just easier to have everything all in one spot. I am opposite of you, I love cardio. However I also like weight lifting. Though, I am only using 5 lb weights and not anything super heavy as of yet. I figure I will do a month of 5 lb then see how I feel and assess if I am going to increase to 8 lbs or stay for a bit longer where I am.
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Hi all. I’m back. It’s silly how little things can break a habit. The last couple weeks of school then a trip to Hawaii. Oh it was nice to get away from the house but traveling with little kids and my mom and stepdad….oh I need a vacation from my vacation. But Hawaii was amazing.

So now after my eating vacation from my vacation is over (it’s been a month since I tracked)!!! What!! How did that happen. I’m committed to focusing on myself again.

Friday fitness- even though it’s going to be over 100 today for the second day in a row I’m going to go on my hour long walk. Hopefully I’ll be able to move my lunchtime walk from 11am to 9am.

Starting weight for June (well today): 226.8
    Goal for end of June: 224.9
  • JNettie73
    @trinati2001 Welcome back! I was wondering where you went. So glad to hear your vacation was wonderful!

Things have been going well for me. I've been trying new recipes and loving everything I've made. As far as exercise, I have increased the duration and intensity of my bike and I am loving every minute of it. I've been doing my weights every other day. My abs workout has been non-exsistent. Last time I tried I had a really hard time. I keep saying I will try again but have not brought myself to do it yet. I really need to get on that because that was one of my June goals and I am running out of time. I want to try to also start up doing yoga again. I've been looking at some on YouTube and found a morning stretch one that I like. I will start there and see how it goes. My glucose has been super wonky lately. Some issues have been going on at work and I've been pulled into last minute meetings. The stress from that combined with me staying up way too late not getting a good night sleep is most likely effecting it. I hope to get things back under control soon.

Hope everyone is well!
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Hello all, I've been on n off MFP for years, starting all over again at my highest weight ever.

SW 6/10/21: 260
    CW 6/18/21: 252.2
    1st GW: 225
    UGW: 125
  • lmf1012
    Hello all, I've been on n off MFP for years, starting all over again at my highest weight ever.

SW 6/10/21: 260
    CW 6/18/21: 252.2
    1st GW: 225
    UGW: 125

You’re off to a great start!! Welcome back and keep posting here!
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    You’re off to a great start!! Welcome back and keep posting here!
    Thank you, I plan on it =)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @LaReinaDeCorazones -- Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you.

@trinati2001 -- welcome back! I'm super jealous of you trip--Hawaii is on my bucket list. :smile:

@JNettie73 -- Have you thought about a plank or push up challenge as your ab workout? Push ups and planks are the exercises that had the most impact on my core and helped me slim down around my middle. I had to stop doing them while rehabbing my frozen shoulders, but I plan to begin again and hope my shoulders will cooperate. I'm going to start with planks, since that will be easier on my shoulders. I'm going to do this one, but I will start with high planks (straight arm). Once I go through the whole 30 days, I will do it again using forearm position:
    0b8bsfveanvf.jpg

AFM--I had another doctor appointment, this time with my PCP (the one a few weeks ago was my woman wellness exam), and my weight on their office scale was down 3 lbs, so that made me happy. Here at home, I haven't dropped below 196.4. I weigh in every morning, and then on fridays I post my lowest reading from the week.

I've been doing well staying below my calorie allowance, even with eating out. Tuesday, a friend and I went to dinner, and I chose a really light boneless, skinless chicken breast marinated in Greek yogurt and mustard, and I chose the grilled veggies instead of fries. Yesterday, I had a not at all light burger at a famous burger chain here in Chicago, called Kuma's Corner. A friend and I chose to split the Impossible Burger and a regular burger. Both had lots of toppings, and I got sweet potato fries. I know it was a ton of calories, but it was my only meal of the day.

I have also gotten in more exercise: a 3.6 mile walk with a friend on Tuesday, and a 2 mile walk on my own Monday and Thursday. On the days I didn't walk, I did some yard work, digging up and relocating some lilies on Wednesday, and mowing the lawn today. As I mentioned above to JNettie, I plan to start a plank challenge as well.

I leave for Florida in 3 weeks, so I guess I'd better start that plank challenge tonight!

Karen
    51 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)

5/7/21 = 198.4
    5/14/21 = 197.4
    5/21/21 = 197.4
    5/28/21 = 197
    6/4/21 = 196.7
    6/11/21 = 196.4