Problems with app

philmeek100
philmeek100 Posts: 1 Member
Hiya guys, just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the app? I'm a regular and experienced user but on Sunday my app asked me to log in but i kept getting a 'can't connect to server error, message. I was however able to log in through the website on my laptop and phone. Had the same issue today so decided to delete and re-install the app. However when I went to the app store I couldn't find it! I then followed the link via Google but am now getting a message saying 'your device isn't compatible with this version.'

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,114 Member
    I have noticed some minor performance issues, like things being slow or connection time-outs. I think Vanilla (the skeleton that runs the site) is having the hiccups. Patience is a virtue; things will probably magically get better again.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,530 Member
    I heard from a friend with an Android phone they got the same message about incompatibility. Not sure if they also uninstalled and reinstalled, but they definitely can't use the app on their phone anymore.
    Is your phone outdated? Maybe try updating your operating system.
  • HungryTraveler
    HungryTraveler Posts: 39 Member
    Apparently my phone is now outdated. Since the latest mfp update the app needs ios 13 or higher. My iphone 6 can't do higher than 12 so it doesn't work for me anymore.
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Apparently my phone is now outdated. Since the latest mfp update the app needs ios 13 or higher. My iphone 6 can't do higher than 12 so it doesn't work for me anymore.

I think you may be in the market for a newer version soon as other apps will also become unavailable.

As far as MFP glitches go, I've been here over 7 years and have yet to see anything run smoothly ... app or web version :-)
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member

I think you may be in the market for a newer version soon as other apps will also become unavailable.

As far as MFP glitches go, I've been here over 7 years and have yet to see anything run smoothly ... app or web version :-)

I've also been on the app for a while now and have seen issues for several years now. As well, my Samsung SH-100 seems to be outdated and is adding to the experience. :smile: JK, but really my phone is outdated and is part of the issue but the site does have it's problems.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,959 Member
    Hiya guys, just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the app? I'm a regular and experienced user but on Sunday my app asked me to log in but i kept getting a 'can't connect to server error, message. I was however able to log in through the website on my laptop and phone. Had the same issue today so decided to delete and re-install the app. However when I went to the app store I couldn't find it! I then followed the link via Google but am now getting a message saying 'your device isn't compatible with this version.'

Any help would be much appreciated :)

I had this exact problem. My understanding is that it means that the version of Android on your phone is too old (and likely is no longer receiving software updates).