Coming back for accountability to deal with the weight creep

Sara3veg
Sara3veg Posts: 48 Member
Good morning everyone :)

I was a member a few years ago and lost weight using the site and then cleaning up my way of eating. I was able to maintain my weight loss pretty well on/off MFP, until the pandemic hit last year and I stopped making my health/weight management a priority. Fast forward a little over a year and I finally decided to face the music-weighed myself this morning and almost started crying, I'm up almost 25lbs. In one year!! Realizing that if I don't get back at it now, and re-take control of the situation, I'm going to end up in a really bad place with my weight and health.

I'm 42 years old and I just became interested in running a few weeks ago, for the first time, and I'm slowly working towards a goal to run in my community's annual 5K, this fall.

I'm also going to be working on getting my diet cleaned back up-eating 1,000 calorie microwave potpies for lunch every day, with a side of chips, is not beneficial for my weight goals ha! Going to start adding more veg/fruit/whole grains again, and move away from the overly processed, high calorie convenience foods that I've been consuming with no regard to calorie intake.

Whew, sorry this is so long! I'm so glad to be back and can't wait to get re-plugged into the community!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Welcome back!
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Once the gyms closed last year, I became less focused on myself as well. Gained 20 pounds. So glad the gyms are opened once again. You know what you need to do and what works for you .... You've got this! Sign up for that race!
  • kayleighavburton
    kayleighavburton Posts: 2 Member
    Hey, your story sounds excatly like me! I joined MFP a few years ago, did really well and then bang! Weights back on due to lockdown. Please feel free to add me (no idea how i add friends 🤣) x
  • Sara3veg
    Sara3veg Posts: 48 Member
    Hey, your story sounds excatly like me! I joined MFP a few years ago, did really well and then bang! Weights back on due to lockdown. Please feel free to add me (no idea how i add friends 🤣) x

Just sent you a friends request :)