What book are you reading?

Replies

• Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    Spilled Milk by K.L Randis
  • ladyoftherocks
    ladyoftherocks Posts: 64 Member
    I just started The Testaments by Margaret Attwood (Handmaid's Tale sequel) since it came out after the show I was worried it would be too influenced by those events, but thankfully it's not, it's just as gripping as the original novel and doesn't take place in the exact same time as the original. Highly recommend it! But read the original book first, it is very different from the show so you'd be confused!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    518Qa5gUKuL._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    When the Emperor Was Divine by Julie Otsuka
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited May 2021
    I will be starting this one today

oq270thau0vq.jpg
  • mariek1072
    mariek1072 Posts: 15 Member
    Stephan King "Finders Keepers"
  • jwo412
    jwo412 Posts: 8 Member
    d05tjyl0s2zl.jpeg
  • Poppylou28
    Poppylou28 Posts: 14 Member
    Lady chatterly’s lover
  • brianafaye2
    brianafaye2 Posts: 166 Member
    kthqd2oj12wl.jpg
  • joryrheanne
    joryrheanne Posts: 49 Member
    Sydney Sheldon Mistress of the Game
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,299 Member
    NVintage wrote: »

Ooohhh! I can answer this one! Never. Jesus was Jewish and pork chops are considered unclean in Judeism. Is there a really a whole book about this?
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Oh no! this is just a funny book full of Carlin's nihilistic rants, haha.. I do have a book if you're interested in that type of thing about food history, though, check this one out!!!
    0wk8h6jii464.png
    NVintage wrote: »

Ooohhh! I can answer this one! Never. Jesus was Jewish and pork chops are considered unclean in Judeism. Is there a really a whole book about this?

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    caesars-last-breath.png?fit=255%2C385&ssl=1
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,291 Member
    edited May 2021
    I saw that someone was reading If You Tell. It sounded interesting and I love true stories so I bought it. OMG I can't believe a human being could treat people like this woman did. I can't wait to see what happens to her in the end.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    the-only-good-indians.jpg
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,299 Member
    Just finished Midnight Riot by Ben Aaronovitch. It was interesting. Almost seemed like he wanted to be the Douglas Adams of wizard/cop but lacks the humor (not the madcap). Not bad though.

Reading After All the Girls Have Gone by Jane Ann Krentz. Might be a reread. Can't remember...
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Just finished listening to the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. He is becoming a favorite, got a bit of good book withdrawl when that one ended.

Revisiting the Sookie Stackhouse series (True Blood). I read them a few years ago and listening this time around, I like the narrator so far.

Reading The Girls in the Attic by Marius Gabriel. Its ok, decent story, mediocre writing IMO.
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited June 2021
    I found this book 25 years ago, and I still read it every few years or so whenever I need to relax and remind myself of what's important...

tg3dnvvkm29k.png

"One learns first of all in beach living the art of shedding; how little one can get along with, not how much."
    "Perhaps middle-age is, or should be, a period of shedding shells; the shell of ambition, the shell of material accumulations and possessions, the shell of the ego."
    Anne Morrow Lindbergh

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    @NVintage LOVE that book :)