JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    Well, I hit about half of my goals yesterday. Not great, but I really had to push myself to get started. When they’re stuck on their drafts, I often tell my students, “Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.” I need to take my own advice – but it’s soooo hard!

After a weekend in the 90’s, yesterday’s temps barely hit 70. Good day for outdoor chores. I started work on my deck boxes, but I ran out of supplies. So it’s off to the garden center this afternoon so I can take advantage of the cooler weather again today.

No classes on today (YAY!!!), so my daughter and I are going to pick irises at a nearby farm while her kids are in school. It’ll be good to get out and away from work and chores.

Better get this posted!
    Gwen

Monday 5/24
    • Log - √
    • Drink more water – X
    • Walk -X
    • 60 min. for garden chores - √
    • 60 min. for household chores – 50%
    • Grade last week's work - √

JFT Tuesday 5/25
    • Log
    • Drink more water
    • Walk
    • Stop at the garden center for supplies
    • Finish planting deck boxes
    • 60 min. for household chores
    • Grade quizzes

@Snowflake1968 and @ZizzyBumble - Thanks for the encouragement!

Tracey, your granddaughter is adorable...and such a great helper! What a joy!

Nikki, I remember the emotional roller coaster of parenting teens - excited or proud one moment, anxious or blue the next. And never quite enough time to just breathe. From the pictures and your posts, it seems like you're doing a wonderful job of celebrating and supporting your girls.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    JFT - Monday May 24
    1.5L of water - :/ 1L though
    Log all Food - :)
    Walk 15 Minutes - :/ a lot of pain yesterday so no.

JFT - Tuesday May 25
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 Minutes

At work and quite busy already, so will catch up later.
  • JustJenn68
    JustJenn68 Posts: 38 Member
    Today
    Morning walk: 3.6km
    Ten minutes of chasing the cat into and down the stairs.
    Lots of gardening..hehe buy more plants and soil.
    Log all food.
    Drink at least 1800ml of water

Enjoy your day!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited May 2021
    JFT Tuesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Whatever Wednesday. Check in with everyone about classes.
    3. Classes: Bonus work.
    4. Planning: Stretch. Update website. Grade.
    5. Lunch: Leftovers. World lit options WEDNESDAY.
    6. Afternoon: Check in on MFP. 1 hour Clois. Therapy.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Leftovers. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts. Play practice.
    8. Drink more water. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Do the therapy exercises and lifts. Stretch. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Choose orgs for donations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    Today: 193.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I'm tired. I'm SO tired. And I have so much grading to do.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    I;ve been totally off track, and sorry, but MIA on here also. I've got to do something for that "kick" that I need. Hubby is not helping .. wanting potato chips, mcdonalds, etc. After a year of no take out .. we are making up for lost time. But that means ff, shakes, etc.

So told hubby we have to get back to salads, lots of veggies, etc. and that means myself being accountable and back to tracking. Its so easy to get off track.
    Today is almost over, so my goal for today is just 1 simple goal .. only 1 snack tonite.

goals for tomorrow, Wed, 5/25
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. mindful eating .. especially snacks in the evening.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site. TAKE MAKEUP BAG.
    2. Pit Crew: Chill. Check in with everyone about classes.
    3. Classes: Bonus work. GRADE
    4. Planning: Stretch. Update website. Grade.
    5. Lunch: Leftovers. World lit options WEDNESDAY. Meet with J 1:00 Thursday? Take the green checklist.
    6. Afternoon: Check in on MFP. 1 hour Clois.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Pizza. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts. Livestream.
    8. Drink more water. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Do the therapy exercises and lifts. Stretch. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Choose orgs for donations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    Today: 193.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Skipped play practice. Tired.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • mytime6630
    JustJenn68 wrote: »
    Today

Lots of gardening..hehe buy more plants and soil.

Enjoy your day!

This is SO me! Love gardening!!! This year I started seedlings inside .. 11 trays! But .. I still want to go and buy plants!
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2021
    Walk 15 Minutes - :/ a lot of pain yesterday so no.

So sorry that you are still having pain. Walking actually helped me so much ... I think I am almost back to normal. Sitting was the hardest for me, and thats hard when a person has to sit to work. Hoping you find some relief.

Oh -- and your granddaughter is so sweet helping you plant flowers!
  • mytime6630
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Sorry for being away again. Things got a bit too hard for me but I called the Dr and admitted that I couldn't do it without help.
    So I've prescribed Escitalopram, the side affects aren't great I'm only on day 3 and I get nausea, dizziness, feeling hot and sweaty and restless legs. BUT I feel a bit better (whether that's placebo or not atm I dunno lol)

So I'm still here.
    Not posting goals until I settle into these tablets so maybe a few more days.
    But finger crossed these will be the ones that work! The doctor was surprised at the amount of different ones I tried lol

Have a nice day everyone x

So glad that you got help Bex. My daughter is on escitalopram with good luck .. so hoping you will also find some relief. Hugs.
  • mytime6630
    Been a little overwhelmed by life lately. Nothing bad is happening, there are just so many changes right now. Getting things ready for my oldest to graduate high school and head off the college, and letting go of the reins a little with my youngest now that she is driving. I'm proud of them both, but my mommy emotions are highly illogical and way out of whack.

I can still remember when my oldest when off to college. When we drove away, I cried for days. It is a hard thing seeing our children go off and be on their own. Our children were that way .. when our daughter went away to college, our son was just learning to drive. I felt lost .. I wasn't the taxi mom anymore, and I missed our oldest. It takes time to adjust .. but you've done a great job in teaching them what they need to get out into the world. You should be very proud of them, and know that you taught her well, and she will do great.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »

I can still remember when my oldest when off to college. When we drove away, I cried for days. It is a hard thing seeing our children go off and be on their own. Our children were that way .. when our daughter went away to college, our son was just learning to drive. I felt lost .. I wasn't the taxi mom anymore, and I missed our oldest. It takes time to adjust .. but you've done a great job in teaching them what they need to get out into the world. You should be very proud of them, and know that you taught her well, and she will do great.

Your words bring me peace. Thank you!
  • joryrheanne
    joryrheanne Posts: 49 Member
    @pridesabtch My daughter also is graduating grade 12 this year. She hasn’t decided yet if she is going to accept her offer for University. She has changed her mind regarding what program she wants to take and might decide to go to university next year instead. She is my youngest and has two older brothers. One of them still lives at home.
    I can’t imagine having either of my young adult children leaving home. I feel for what you are going through.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Tuesday 25 May

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh. 😊 Trend ↔️ 😊

I need to draw up a list of housework as I’m in a muddle and the laundry basket is full! 😡. Making a list does not get the jobs done!

• ZizzyBumble
    Wednesday 26 May

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh. 😊 Trend ↔️ 😊

I’m having my second Covid jab today.

• joryrheanne
    joryrheanne Posts: 49 Member
    edited May 2021
    Wednesday May 26

Log food
    Stay away from incorporating unhealthy food in calories
    Log water
    Plant cucumber plants
    Walk 30 minutes
    Wash bedding

I must make use of the treadmill I bought last year soon. Dh used it the other day!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    💕💖💕💖💕💖💕💖💕

Weekly grocery shopping done and dusted.
    Non-essential shops have reopened and the Mall is now cheerful, bright and lively again.
    💕💖💕💖💕💖💕💖💕

uzv5ct5emeb8.gif

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (✔️Sept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    [*] 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    [*] 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    [*] 15 Jan: 145.2
    [*] 22 Jan: 144.9
    [*] 14 Feb: 144.0
    [*] 11 Apr: 142.2
    [*] 1 May: 142.6

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    • 27 Mar: 144.4
    • 8 April: 143.2
    • 11 April: 142.2 😍
    • Total weight loss: 84.8 ⏫
    Daily Goals:
    Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅ Wed: Thu: Fri:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 4/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 —>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 4/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 4/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 4/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 4/7

🌷Positive intentions for Mon 24 May:
    • Meditation
    • Weigh/post weight
    • Contact U3A Groups re September
    • Outdoor walk
    • Laundry - sort and store
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Keep up to date with email
    • Daily goals update

Feb/March/April/May DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb: 5/5
    Mar: 31/31
    Apr: 30/30
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧

NLNS
    (7 March —->) 24/25
    April: 30/30
    May: LNS: I ~|~ ME: 24

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    Stepped on the scale today – not a happy moment – weight is up again. Not really a surprise, but disappointing nonetheless. I’m trying not to be annoyed with myself, but it’s hard.

Yesterday’s iris-picking excursion was a welcome break from the never-ending “to do” list of adulthood. The flowers were gorgeous, and it was nice to spend a quiet afternoon with my daughter.

Well, I’ve decided to prioritize my walk today, so I’d best get to it if I want to get back in time to get a few things done before class.

Tuesday 5/25

• Log - √
    • Drink more water - √
    • Walk – X
    • Stop at the garden center for supplies - √
    • Finish planting deck boxes - √
    • 60 min. for household chores – X
    • Grade quizzes - √

JFT Wednesday 5/26
    • Log
    • Drink more water
    • Walk
    • Plant another set of gladioli bulbs (weather permitting)
    • Laundry
    • 60 min. for household chores
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    Evenings have been hard for me lately, too much time to think I guess. Thinking about my oldest, S, leaving. Thinking about the mental health issues my youngest, V, is facing. Blaming myself for V's issues as they fear she may also be bipolar. That is a tough one for me. I see a lot of myself in her, though she does seem to have more friends than I did at her age. One of my great fears when I was diagnosed and when I looked back at my mother and grandmother (not diagnosed, but definitely struggled with mental issues) was that I would pass this to one of my girls. That being said, hopefully since we are addressing it early in her life we can save her some of the pain associated with the huge dangerous swings. I'm so scared. For now she talks to me, but usually not until after she has cut herself or burned herself. These episodes have lessened now that she is medicated, but she is still experiencing ticks that are very disturbing. The current thought is that they are related to anxiety, but you never really know. So many unknowns. I'm so tired.

Today started out crazy. The plan was to work from home. I got on my laptop around 7:30am. I knew I had a meeting at 11:00, but didn't realize it was in person. Grrrr... Hop in the shower and show up an hour late for work. Sigh. Frazzled and sad are not a great combo. So far, I've been productive, but the tears are welling up every few minutes. Saw my doc yesterday and discussed taking an as needed medication to help me through specific events that I tend to over react to. Doesn't matter if an event is happy or sad, I have always struggled to control my emotions. Not like getting a little weepy at a wedding, but full on ugly crying even if I barely know a person. I cried for 2 weeks non stop when I heard my friend was getting a divorce, because I could feel his hurt. I cried more than he did. It is ridiculous and quite embarrassing. With graduation looming, I already feel the emotions going into over drive, so I asked for something to try to mellow me. Doc gave me a script, but said she wasn't sure if it would help. I am however desperate and willing to give it a go.

Tomorrow I'm driving my daughter and her bestie to Philadelphia for a national crew regatta. I'm in charge of getting the team fed while they are at the regatta, still haven't figured this out 100%, as I'm not familiar with Philly and there are no food vendors at the site. Thinking I will just do Grub Hub or Uber Eats. Really just one more thing. And of course to make things more interesting S's bestie is in a wheel chair from a car accident earlier this month. She has a broken tib/fib and a broken wrist. I love her dearly and am glad she can go, but it's another thing I need to manage. They will also miss their traditional high school graduation ceremony. The coaches are doing a cool thing though and donning their robes and do a small ceremony on the river for the 3 seniors. Sounds very cool, but I'm terrified that I will get hyper emotional and cause a scene. I truly hate that about me.

Sorry for going on and on, but I'm just so overwhelmed.

Anyway, maybe I'll try a few goals today, or at least a list of things I need to do today

JFT Wednesday
    - Work from home or be on time for work :(
    - deal with Global documentation issues and GLU project - :smiley:
    - Meeting at 11:00
    - Not breakdown at work
    - get blood work done after work
    - Pack snacks for the trip
    - Pack clothes for the trip
    - Buy a new umbrella
    - Do some laundry
    - Not break down in front of the kids
    - pack graduation gifts for S & her friend. Bought them earrings, S's are really nice diamonds, K's are Opals, pretty but less pricey.
    - Pick up prescription for new drug
    - No alcohol
    - Log food
    - Bed by 11:30
    - Leave tomorrow at 7:00am

Thanks for having my back y'all. Love you...
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Back from a little mini holiday (5 days) with my mum. Had a very nice time, was properly relaxing and got to spend some good quality time together. Didn't eat particularly well but tried to rein myself in a little (I kept on logging, mostly, for self awareness) and do plenty of activity so hopefully weight won't have gone up (much).

Just two days of the week to do and then it is the weekend! It is going to be an odd weekend as the boyfriend is in quarantine as he just returned from France, but I am not. So in theory I can go and do all sorts of things, while he has to stay in prison. In practise, I don't think I will do that much. I will go out for exercise and maybe the odd errand but I would feel odd going out for hours while he is stuck at home. So we are going to have to find entertainment inside for a 3 day weekend! (As it's UK bank holiday on Monday).

Anyway, today's goals:

Log everything I eat
    Be in the green
    Drink 4 bottles water
    Get 5,000 steps
    Prepare speech
    Do food shop
  • ZizzyBumble
    Wednesday 26 May

Log 😊
    Stay in the green ❌ chose not to but I’m allowed to go over sometimes 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 👿.
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh. 😊 Trend ↔️ 😊

I’m having my second Covid jab today.

@pridesabtch I am sorry to read about your current struggles and your fears for V. You are not to blame; I’m sure your scientific brain knows this but your emotions are giving you a guilt trip. You are helping V by recognising her difficulties at an early stage and both medical science and public understanding of mental health should be better for her than they were for previous generations. Hope the weekend goes well sending you hugs.