Replies

• kerdil08
    kerdil08 Posts: 61 Member
    Sorry for being late...again

kerdil08
    Sunday
    PW 176.8
    CW 172.6

This weight is from Sunday, even though I forgot to post on time, but I don't think that it's going to stick. Given how snacky I've been and what the scale said this morning...it won't. You'd think that this massive downward spike would've extra motivated me but apparently not lol. BUT I still have 2 weigh-ins before my birthday, and it seems realistic to stay under 175 which means I [hopefully] hit my goal of entering the 'overweight' category for my height! Still a ways away from normal, but this is a big milestone from the BMI perspective, although I know BMI is not necessarily a 'perfect' metric.

I did meet up with a friend on Sunday morning to go for a walk/jog. She's crazy fit but was happy to go at my speed, and we ended up doing ~8 miles total with 4 miles running (slowly), and at the end she said she was proud of me. Which I know is cheesy but I love her so much, so it meant a lot.

I also met up with a few people I haven't seen in months last Thursday, and a bunch of them commented on how I look thinner. Which was pretty cool because, to be honest, I don't see that much of a difference myself? I think my face has definitely slimmed down a bit, but I still feel pretty gross in the body area, and I haven't really dropped clothes sizes, so it was nice to get that validation.

In terms of gaining this week, it does seem inevitable at this point. I have still been doing all my walks back and forth to work though, so it will be frustrating if everything comes rushing back. Hopefully it's just a water weight gain that will then woosh back down again. Even with all the snacking, I'd still be eating within the 1600-2000 cal range, so with exercise calories that should be at worst just maintenance rather than weight-loss, but that's not usually how my body likes to operate lol.

Anyway. I still haven't planned ahead properly to bring changes of clothes to work for post-work runs or to just not starting the day off crazy sweaty, so I really need to get on that. It is so gross and muggy outside. It'd definitely feel better to do that in leggings and a t-shirt rather than jeans, so I need to get it together.

Welcome to all the new people!
  • CharmingPassion
    CharmingPassion Posts: 556 Member
    edited May 2021
    CharmingPassion
    Normal weigh in day Sunday (I have been sick as hell so a couple days late... oh and before anyone worries, no not Covid)

PW: 297.2
    CW: 296.1
  • CharmingPassion
    CharmingPassion Posts: 556 Member
    Steps:
    Goal - 3k while knee heals

5/19 - 3,394
    5/20 - 4,165
    5/21 - 3,230
    5/22 - 3,639
    5/23 - 748 (almost never left bed, like how did I catch anything when I never go anywhere)
    5/24 - 3481
    5/25 - 2,509
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    I echo her sentiment...everyone share a little about what you do...what it means to you? What you wish you would have done if you could start over? and finally, what difference you think your job makes in the "greater scheme of things" on the big planet? It's interesting and helps us all get to know each other a bit more...

Jessica :blush:

So I work in 3d modeling and game designs. We just came off the back of one of the three big events I am always very happy to be invited to and work for. I have been involved with Relay for Life, Doctors without Borders, and an organization called A New PATH (Parents for Addiction Treatment and Healing) for some time now. Its funny because you are like I make characters and fantasy worlds, how would that help anyone. But every year there is this huge event for RLF only based in virtual worlds and this past month we raised $100,000 from one single virtual world from in game purchases only. Even more so an event based entirely around fantasy, sci-fi, and worlds brought to life from the imagination of so many people working in collaboration.

Its easy to forget that making a difference doesn't have to involve dollars and cents. For 3 weeks I had the chance to distract people, and make them go ooh, and captivate their minds on something else other then the chaos around a lot of us right now. It reminds me all the time that if there is a will, there is a way and everything we do can and will make a difference to someone. Thus leading to one of my favorite quotes: "your legacy is every life that you have touched".

I LOVE that quote and have often been told that by the parents of my piano students. After teaching for 21 years, I wonder if that will be my legacy. On that note, my very first piano student that I taught after moving to Virginia, just graduated college over the weekend summa cum laude from WVU with a double degree in music and French. I just remember that he was fearless when it came to trying new music and at the age of six, he looked JUST like Harry Potter...another student is a Pilot in the Air Force currently stationed in Japan. It is rewarding to see them move on and up...and most of them still keep in touch.

Love that you helped so many people in the organizations you're working with...it's very true...every life we touch makes a difference in some way. Pretty good legacy I'd say...

Thanks for sharing!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    225qpxkcvf1z.jpg

Welcome to TrimStones, @CasandraW and @Dnarules !! I'm Jessica, one of your captains and the other is @mulecanter ...I hope you find this little family to be as supportive and inspiring as it has been for the years that I've been a part of it...take a minute and send in an introduction and let us know a little about your journey.

Remember that you'll get out of the group, what you contribute, so be vocal...give hints, ask questions, share your story, most of all share your struggles...you never know how something you share might help someone else!

If you're a walking fanatic, please join our step team. I just need to know your favorite place to walk, your first name and your daily step goal. I'll get you signed up. We begin June on Sunday, May 30th so begin posting your steps every few days at that point.

Again, welcome!! I'm glad you're here!
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Jen_967
    Wednesday Weigh-In
    PW: 225
    CW: 225.4

Steps

5/23: 5,154
    5/24: 8,108
    5/25: 6,288
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 881 Member
    Steps
    5/23 17,137
    5/24 15,434
    5/25 9,982
  • jessicakrall8
    @Jax_Grim I am BEYOND jealous of your work news. I've tried every which way I can to have my work situation mirror that. I would LOVE to work permanently from home or a mixture of days in office and days at home. I don't have kids so it is MUCH more peaceful and there's NO distraction when working. I get so much more done and know I'm giving more to the office when at home. Nobody shows up at my desk talking about nothing or going on and on about their weekend plans...but not sure it will ever materialize. I know that since you're kinda swapping roles with your wife that adds to your challenges, but I'm sure you'll find a way to make it work. Good luck to finding that balance. You're success at weight loss will carry over to that arena as well, I am sure!!
    Jessica
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @dwoltering5 :)
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Skipping gym to stream my friend's funeral. We still have limited numbers for such gatherings in the UK. Although sad, this concept of streaming funerals is a good thing as logistically getting there is often the thing that prevents us fron attending.
    One more day until "half-term", desperate for some R&R. (The UK school year is organised into 3 'terms' Autumn (Sept-Dec), Spring (Jan-Easter) & Summer (Easter-mid July) roughly half way though we have a week break called half-term. Summer hols is 6 weeks & Christmas/Easter 2 weeks. Universities similar but they don't get half term as there teaching weeks terms are shorter.

Welcome to @joryrheanne @casandraW and @Dnarules

@Jax_Grim ouch! My hubbie did something like that. 3 disc damaged- physio helped him 2 repaired with the exercise but needed steroid injection so he could do the exercise to sort the 3rd. Takes time, hope the chiropractor helps & pain not too bad.
  • jessicakrall8
    Missing a few Monday/Wednesday folks from this week's weigh in...please report in ASAP...thanks! Enjoy your day!
    Jessica
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Another new member heading your way .... Please welcome @Platinum1013 :)
  • joryrheanne
    joryrheanne Posts: 49 Member
    Thursday weigh in
    Joryrheanne
    Highest weight 305
    Current weight 297
  • jessicakrall8
    Thursday weigh in
    Joryrheanne
    Highest weight 305
    Current weight 297

Hi @joryheanne and congrats on your loss. I show your registration weight was a little higher, so you're on your way AND EARLY!!! You first weigh in for June will be on Thursday, Jun 3rd but jumping in, participating and getting a proactive start get you BIG bonus points!!! Your starting weight will stay the same so you have another week to drop a little more before we start your stats!! (Jun chart isn't ready yet)...

Enjoy the rest of your week!
  • jessicakrall8
    j652don2ozqx.jpg

Welcome to TrimStones @dwoltering5 and @Platinum1013 ! I am Jessica, one of your two captains and the other is @mulecanter. On behalf of both of us and the rest of the team, we're glad you found us!! I hope you will find this team to be as supportive, helpful and fun as I have in the years I've been here!

The month of Jun will start on Sunday, May 30th for those who are new. If you're a walking fanatic, feel free to sign up for our monthly step challenge. All I need is your first name, your daily step goal and tell me where you like to walk and I'll get you signed up. On the main Fat2Fit page where you found us and registered, you can also find the link (once it's ready), to the June weigh in spreadsheet. Once there, if you scroll beneath the weigh in chart, you'll see the step challenge chart as well. All in one handy, dandy location. You'll also find links to this chatroom as well as the June chatroom once it's open and ready to go. The Moderators will also post the link to the new June chatroom once it's open in this chatroom.

The weekly weigh in format is:

Username (JessicaKrall8)
    Weigh day (Friday Weigh-in)
    PW: (previous weigh-in)
    CW: (current weight)
    LTD (Loss to date)

Hope this is helpful. If you have questions or want to start new topics, feel free to do so in our chatroom. Again, welcome!! Good luck and I'm looking forward to watching you disappear before my very eyes!! :smiley: Now post an intro and tell us a little about what you hope to accomplish this next month!!

Jessica
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    @jessicakrall8 I had conflicting thoughts about it, but now the wife is talking about new house shopping. We have lived in a 3 bedroom converted to a 4 bedroom house thats only around 1300 sq ft with 4 kids and 4 dogs. Now, we have one kids out and another one on the way out. I'm seeing an actual home office for myself and may upgrade to something with a pool. Pool-side work days is sounding pretty darn good.
  • jessicakrall8
    Jax_Grim wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8 I had conflicting thoughts about it, but now the wife is talking about new house shopping. We have lived in a 3 bedroom converted to a 4 bedroom house thats only around 1300 sq ft with 4 kids and 4 dogs. Now, we have one kids out and another one on the way out. I'm seeing an actual home office for myself and may upgrade to something with a pool. Pool-side work days is sounding pretty darn good.

@Jax_Grim Don't envy you the moving part, but it sounds like you guys definitely need more room...a pool would definitely be nice...don't you dare post pictures of you working by the pool or you'll just be showing off! HA! LOL! I forget where you live, but that would definitely be great to water aerobics or swimming laps for exercise...might cancel out a gym membership so it would help pay for itself in workout benefits! Keep us posted on the house hunt...and good luck finding just the right place with enough room for your whole family and fur babies!
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.