NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,782 Member
    @fancyladyJeri That's fantastic that you lost during COVID! So many people gained. And how great that you've made walking a habit. Well done! :)

@cbabie I'm glad baby girl is okay. That's great you stayed OP. I think I will tell DH it's his turn to call lol.

@gemwolf110 That was a good idea to ask your former professor for advice. Good luck with the classes!

Hello all. Yesterday I took a break from calling window companies and just worked. I did take some time to do a manicure of sorts: I put artificial nails on with nail glue. I liked how they turned out and they were easy to do. One came out a little crooked but oh well lol. After I trimmed them, nobody knows!

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Morning all, I stayed OP yesterday, walked the baby and went to church, had a good time. Baby girl loved the nursery...I am explaining to someone something and it hit me today...When I eat PB or sugar, or foods I know are not healthy for me, it's a choice, not a mistake. I have someone that "chose" to do something yesterday and said to me...I made a mistake..NO you CHOSE...you see the difference? LOL. She didn't, but I am learning...

@trooworld yea on not making more calls...I am sure your nails looked great!! We always see things that others do not see or even think about. LOL

@gemwolf110 Yea on making choices in your education that you are excited about..That sounds interesting to me too!!.

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @fancyladyJeri Welcome! Good job on losing 20 lbs during 2020! That is a huge accomplishment. And you have a good walking goal too. :)

@gemwolf110 I’m loving my CRV and the Apple Car Play but there sure is a lot to learn with all this technology! :grin: That is exciting that you will be going into higher education. Is your plan to be a professor?

@trooworld I’m thinking about getting the fajita salad in a bowl instead of that yummy crunchy shell with extra guac. I’m also planning on NOT having the chips sitting in front of me. I will take a few and eat them very slowly. Maybe you can call a general contractor and see if they can repair the window. Just make sure to check their credentials! ;)

@cbabie I do love 3-year-old girls! <3 Glad nothing was serious with baby girl’s eye. And yes, it is always about the choices we make and not a mistake. Peanut butter doesn’t magically fly into your mouth as you walk into the kitchen. You get the jar out, open it and eat it. Just like I do with the things that I’m not supposed to be eating. This is why I pray often for obedience. o:)

@theslightedgeforever Where are you hiding at? :*

Hey everyone! Well, last night at the kids’ event I didn’t touch one morsel of food or dived into the yummy-looking chocolate fountain. However, my children’s director gave all of us volunteers a small bundt cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes. Mine was chocolate and I split it with DH when we got home. It was soooo good and worth the calories and carbs. Tonight is Mexican with the girls and I’ve got a plan to behave. I’m also eating a good healthy snack of protein before I go so, I’m not caving in to the chips. I’ve been researching a thing call Data Driven Fasting. I’m not sure if I already mentioned it. It’s all about testing blood sugar to determine when to eat. There is a 30-day challenge on June 5th that I plan to join. I figure if nothing else it will keep me mindful for an entire month on my eating and I just might learn something new.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    @fancyladyJeri Welcome! Good job on losing 20 lbs during 2020! That is a huge accomplishment. And you have a good walking goal too. :)

@gemwolf110 I’m loving my CRV and the Apple Car Play but there sure is a lot to learn with all this technology! :grin: That is exciting that you will be going into higher education. Is your plan to be a professor?

@trooworld I’m thinking about getting the fajita salad in a bowl instead of that yummy crunchy shell with extra guac. I’m also planning on NOT having the chips sitting in front of me. I will take a few and eat them very slowly. Maybe you can call a general contractor and see if they can repair the window. Just make sure to check their credentials! ;)

@cbabie I do love 3-year-old girls! <3 Glad nothing was serious with baby girl’s eye. And yes, it is always about the choices we make and not a mistake. Peanut butter doesn’t magically fly into your mouth as you walk into the kitchen. You get the jar out, open it and eat it. Just like I do with the things that I’m not supposed to be eating. This is why I pray often for obedience. o:)

@theslightedgeforever Where are you hiding at? :*

Hey everyone! Well, last night at the kids’ event I didn’t touch one morsel of food or dived into the yummy-looking chocolate fountain. However, my children’s director gave all of us volunteers a small bundt cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes. Mine was chocolate and I split it with DH when we got home. It was soooo good and worth the calories and carbs. Tonight is Mexican with the girls and I’ve got a plan to behave. I’m also eating a good healthy snack of protein before I go so, I’m not caving in to the chips. I’ve been researching a thing call Data Driven Fasting. I’m not sure if I already mentioned it. It’s all about testing blood sugar to determine when to eat. There is a 30-day challenge on June 5th that I plan to join. I figure if nothing else it will keep me mindful for an entire month on my eating and I just might learn something new.

Yes it is! So excited about it! Yeah there’s so much new technology but I’ll be running my car to it’s scrap lol.
    cbabie wrote: »
    Morning all, I stayed OP yesterday, walked the baby and went to church, had a good time. Baby girl loved the nursery...I am explaining to someone something and it hit me today...When I eat PB or sugar, or foods I know are not healthy for me, it's a choice, not a mistake. I have someone that "chose" to do something yesterday and said to me...I made a mistake..NO you CHOSE...you see the difference? LOL. She didn't, but I am learning...

@trooworld yea on not making more calls...I am sure your nails looked great!! We always see things that others do not see or even think about. LOL

@gemwolf110 Yea on making choices in your education that you are excited about..That sounds interesting to me too!!.

Cbabie

It’s really interesting stuff.
    trooworld wrote: »
    @fancyladyJeri That's fantastic that you lost during COVID! So many people gained. And how great that you've made walking a habit. Well done! :)

@cbabie I'm glad baby girl is okay. That's great you stayed OP. I think I will tell DH it's his turn to call lol.

@gemwolf110 That was a good idea to ask your former professor for advice. Good luck with the classes!

Hello all. Yesterday I took a break from calling window companies and just worked. I did take some time to do a manicure of sorts: I put artificial nails on with nail glue. I liked how they turned out and they were easy to do. One came out a little crooked but oh well lol. After I trimmed them, nobody knows!

Thank you! I just wish my school offered a graduate program in the field.
  • gemwolf110
    edited May 2021
    95zbm2n9lt6n.jpeg

Last Friday of May! Can’t believe it’s going to be June on Tuesday. Bronco can’t believe it either

s4orlpx7qris.jpeg
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I'm glad you had a good day Weds. I see the difference, choosing is more empowering and you feel less guilty, which is a good thing. That's a great realization! My nails do look good, I have to say. ;)

@TeresaW1020 That's a good idea to have the salad in a bowl. And yes to no chips in front of you, good idea! I've called general contractors and only one will deal with us, everyone else says it's too small of a job. The one that said yes, I had called a few months ago and got a quote. I think I am convincing my hubby to go with them and they are licensed and bonded, checked on that. Good job not touching the food or the fountain! That takes some serious strength! I love NBC's cakes. That's interesting about the data driven fasting. I hope it helps. Good luck at the Mexican restaurant! Stick to your plan!

@gemwolf110 Are you going to go to a different school for grad school then? That picture of your dogs is adorable! Happy Friday!

Hello all. I think I've got my husband convinced to totally replace the window. After about 8 rejections from window companies saying they don't repair windows, it finally is sinking in that we don't have a choice. Tonight, I have an acupuncture appointment. I will meet the person that is taking over for my acupuncturist, she is retiring. I hope I like the guy.

• cbabie
    Morning all, I didn't do so well yesterday. It was just one of those days..no "actual" exercise, but I did get in my 10K steps and had way too may fat grams and calories. I did track it all though.

@trooworld So glad you got DH to finally agree with you....I hope you like the acupuncture person too! LOL. Thats not someone you don't want to like or like you...LOL.

@TeresaW1020 Great plan. I think your data fasting thing sounds very interesting. Do you take you own blood sugar levels? I am thinking I should, I have two of my dad's testers, but don't have the strips..

@gemwolf110 Your dogs are so beautiful. Sounds like you are out of your funk...Love it!

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    trooworld wrote: »
    @cbabie I'm glad you had a good day Weds. I see the difference, choosing is more empowering and you feel less guilty, which is a good thing. That's a great realization! My nails do look good, I have to say. ;)

@TeresaW1020 That's a good idea to have the salad in a bowl. And yes to no chips in front of you, good idea! I've called general contractors and only one will deal with us, everyone else says it's too small of a job. The one that said yes, I had called a few months ago and got a quote. I think I am convincing my hubby to go with them and they are licensed and bonded, checked on that. Good job not touching the food or the fountain! That takes some serious strength! I love NBC's cakes. That's interesting about the data driven fasting. I hope it helps. Good luck at the Mexican restaurant! Stick to your plan!

@gemwolf110 Are you going to go to a different school for grad school then? That picture of your dogs is adorable! Happy Friday!

Hello all. I think I've got my husband convinced to totally replace the window. After about 8 rejections from window companies saying they don't repair windows, it finally is sinking in that we don't have a choice. Tonight, I have an acupuncture appointment. I will meet the person that is taking over for my acupuncturist, she is retiring. I hope I like the guy.

I’m going to take a couple of classes at my old school but they don’t offer a graduate degree in the field :-( will have to go out of state or to the one Ivy League school in my state.
  • gemwolf110
    cbabie wrote: »
    Morning all, I didn't do so well yesterday. It was just one of those days..no "actual" exercise, but I did get in my 10K steps and had way too may fat grams and calories. I did track it all though.

@trooworld So glad you got DH to finally agree with you....I hope you like the acupuncture person too! LOL. Thats not someone you don't want to like or like you...LOL.

@TeresaW1020 Great plan. I think your data fasting thing sounds very interesting. Do you take you own blood sugar levels? I am thinking I should, I have two of my dad's testers, but don't have the strips..

@gemwolf110 Your dogs are so beautiful. Sounds like you are out of your funk...Love it!

Cbabie

Yes, getting there! Have my good days and bad. But it’s looking brighter
  • TeresaW1020
    @gemwolf110 Such cute doggies!! <3

@trooworld Well, it would have been a good idea to have that salad in a bowl but I ended up having it in the fried tortilla and eating it too. Plus, too many chips with guacamole, AND I shared the dessert with one of the ladies. So much for good intentions, but at least I still lost a little this week. :grin: It’s probably for the best to just replace the window and have peace of mind with it. Glad your DH is on board.

@cbabie The Data Driven Fasting is interesting and I’m very excited to see how it will all work. Yes, I ordered a blood glucose monitor and new strips. My mom had a whole shoebox of strips from various companies that I thought I would use but they all expired back in 2017. That is not going to work. The strips are a little pricey but I’m willing to do whatever it takes if my weight loss can be speeded up.

Good morning! It’s going to be such a nice day and only getting up to 75 degrees. I don’t have much to do today other than work out and mop my floors. I plan to spend most of the afternoon reading my Data Driven Fasting manual and getting ready for the June 5th challenge. I’m going to commit to doing the challenge as it is presented so that I can really see the benefits of it. I’m also going to take June off from tracking calories or macros. You all know that I hate tracking and the first chapter of the manual explains why I shouldn’t. I think tracking can really work for lots of people, but it doesn’t for me, so why do I keep doing it! Hmm? :grin:

• trooworld
    @cbabie That's good you tracked it all. Today is a new day. <3 I think I got him to agree, but I have to have a conversation with him to confirm. Yes, you definitely want to like your acupuncturist/them like you! I did like him, I think.

@gemwolf110 That's a bummer.

@TeresaW1020 Life get in the way of our plans sometimes, doesn't it? :) I hope you enjoyed the food and the company. Congrats on the loss, that's amazing you still had one! I agree about replacing the window. I think I got him to agree, but I have to have a conversation with him to confirm. That's a good idea to follow the challenge as presented. Yeah, shouldn't do things that you hate or don't work for you.

Hello all! I weighed in this morning and lost 2.4 lbs so I am starting the day off right. I'm going to my brother-in-law's apartment for a small get-together (just the 5 of us). We are bringing ribs and a salad and I am making a chicken breast for me. I might have a couple of ribs, too, it depends if I eat their side dishes. At some point over this weekend, I need to ask DH if he's onboard to hiring that company that will replace the window. He seems amenable to it but I'm not 100% sure.

• gemwolf110
    edited May 2021
    How is everyone enjoying their weekend? It’s raining here so no much outdoor stuff to do.

@trooworld thats an awesome loss!

@TeresaW1020 good luck with your challenge! What does the challenge entail? Is it like intermittent fasting?
  • trooworld
    @gemwolf110 I'm enjoying my weekend so far. I've had social events yesterday and today and then I will relax tomorrow. Are you doing anything?

Hi all. Things didn't quite go as planned yesterday at my BIL's apartment. I decided not to bring the chicken breast because I knew I wouldn't be able to resist the ribs and sides. I did bring the salad though. I had small portions of the sides and a nice portion of ribs and salad. It was one day, I didn't bring home any leftovers for me. I'm over it. Today, I'm going downtown to shoot some photos with a friend. I should get in lots of steps and it should be fun. I hope I can find free parking.

• TeresaW1020
    edited May 2021
    @gemwolf110 The Data Driven Fasting isn’t exactly like intermittent fasting. In IF, I would decide how many hours to fast and then push through until I hit whatever amount of time I choose. In data driving fasting I use a glucometer to test my blood sugar. The first part is to find what my baseline blood sugar is by testing it three days in a row first thing in the morning. Then before I eat, the number must be lower than my baseline. It’s also a goal to not have whatever I eat shoot my blood sugar higher than 30 mg an hour or two later. If it is higher that is a good indicator that whatever it was I ate probably isn’t good for my body. The plan really stresses nutrient dense diet with a big focus on protein and low-carb veggies. That I’m already doing. I just need to cut the amount of fat I’ve been eating with Keto. I still plan to do IF for at least 18 hours, since that works so well for me. Aren’t you glad you asked? :grin: So, what do you and the dogs do when it’s raining?

@trooworld Congrats on your weight loss this week!! That is awesome! B) It’s a bummer that ribs aren’t on your plan. I would go to town on them as long as I had a good sugar-free sauce. :grin: But you still did good by having more salad than the other sides. Plus like you said, it’s one day. And you know very well it’s not about the one meal but what you do consistently for the rest of the week.

Hey all! Not much going on here today. I did some reading on my new weight loss venture and then watched videos on the subject while I finished this pretty puzzle. I’m going to glue and frame it! I talked to my mom, and she is doing ok down in Florida. It’s hard work helping with the three grandkids, but she is making it work. And I’m not going to lie and say that I’m not enjoying having time back with just me and hubby. I might not ever get this opportunity again once she is back. :) I ended this month with a gain and that makes me mad. Wayy too much slacking going on. I'm really hoping this new challenge will be a game changer and June will see some great results.

19flj6aaovg1.jpg
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! Ribs are on my plan but I choose not to have them because they are so high in points if I have the sides too. I can have *anything* I want, I just can't have it all all the time. I have to balance it out. :) Unfortunately, we couldn't use the sugar-free sauce on them because then my in-laws wouldn't eat them. I would totally use sugar-free sauce if it were just us! That sure is a beautiful puzzle! Yes, that would be hard work, I'm glad your mom is doing okay. Enjoy the time! I'm sorry you ended the month with a gain. I lost 1.8 lbs which was below my target of 4.4 lbs so I'm a bit disappointed, too. I think June will be better for both of us!

Hello all. I ended up with 12,312 steps for yesterday, most of them done in the morning on my photoshoot! We went downtown and shot by the water. It was a lot of fun and good to catch up with a friend. This morning, I'm going to shoot in a neighborhood near us with my husband. It won't be as many steps but it will still be fun.

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    Hello all. I took my sil to the airport a couple of hours ago. So now not every waking moment is occupied. I have time to think and do other things.

@gemwolf110 Hope everything is well with you. Is it still raining? I don't like the rain. But we need it for food and pretty flowers, yes I know. (people are al

@trooworld Hooray on the loss. You are chipping away at the extra weight. Making new habits. Good for you.

@teresaw1020 That data fasting sounds like a lot of work. lol So what happened this past 3 weeks when I really haven't been here for you to not have lost like you wanted to? I love the puzzle.

@cbabie How has your exercise been? I think tracking is becoming a habit for you.

I think I did pretty good overall while I had a guest and was making and eating dessert/junk almost every day. I checked and I only gained 0.3 lbs while she was here. That is a major win for me. I lost the first week but then gained some back the second and third week. The same thing happened last time she came.

Now to get back into my normal schedule and get down to losing some weight.

• cbabie
    Afternoon all, I have not exercised it feels like in forever...I did lose 1.2 lbs this week, so that is a win.

@gemwolf110 The only time I like rain is if I can sit and read all day...LOL otherwise not so much. Hope you still enjoy your day.

@TeresaW1020 So glad you mom is okay. I am sure its hard for her and yes don't feel bad....Your mom would want you to enjoy this time. LOL I really like that puzzle. Great job. I agree with slightedge....lots of work, but if it works for you..then it's not lots of work.

@theslightedgeforever So we can look forward to our daily coaching from you now? LOL

@trooworld Congrats on the loss...you may not have met your goal for the month, but it wasn't the other way..LOL. Yes the ribs were 1 day....not a lifetime supply. :)

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    edited June 2021
    zz9vlnrhn2y2.jpeg

Can’t believe it is June already, and it’s my birthday month. Another year older and wiser. Next weekend it’s supposed to be in the mid-80’s. It was cold (50’s) and rainy the entire past weekend. Just relaxed on my day off yesterday. Dogs don’t get as much exercise in the rain.

@cbabie congrats on the loss! I gained what you lost lol

@theslightedgeforever yeah rain isn’t too much fun but it’s needed. Should hopefully help lower pollen levels. It’s been a rough allergy/asthma season.

@trooworld thats a lot of steps!!! And got them while doing a fun activity and with your friend. And I would find it hard to resist ribs. They are delicious. Work Saturday and Sunday were busy! Got plenty of steps in, won the weekend warrior challenge for Fitbit :smile:

@TeresaW1020 yes I am it sounds interesting! June sounds like it will be a good month. Love the puzzle!

I have an appointment with my new primary today and hope it goes well! Both my mom and sister liked her so I’m assuming I will too.

Hope everyone has a good Monday on a Tuesday!

~ Missy
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I hope you enjoyed your time with her. Yes, making new, better habits. That's good you only gained 0.3 lbs, I'd definitely consider that a win.

@cbabie Congrats on the loss, that's fabulous! That's true, I'm glad I lost. :)

@gemwolf110 I was just going to say the same thing! I can't believe it. It was a lot of steps but fun. The ribs were tender and delicious. Congrats on winning the weekend warrior challenge! I hope you like your new doctor, that's important.

Hello all. I went out and shot again yesterday. It was fun. I got in 7,331 steps which is better than usual. We decided to eat at El Pollo Loco afterward and I made a good decision, however it was higher in points than I would have liked. We also stopped at Whole Foods and I got a sugar-free chocolate bar. I ended up eating the whole thing, which was a mistake on many levels (gas bubbles in the stomach, too many points). I have to go onsite for a couple of projects today so I need to pack enough snacks that I stay out of the vending machines. Have a good day!

• TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever I hope you had a great visit with your SIL. That is a huge win to only gain .3 lbs! I wish I could say the same for when I took mom down to Florida. I ate all the things for three days and then came home to DH’s birthday and a too much indulgence for that as well. So, my lousy May was due to that and not getting right back on track afterward. Yes, the data fasting will be a lot of work and effort, but if it works and gives me some interesting insights then I think it could be worth it. :)

@cbabie Yayyy for your loss this week! What has kept you from exercising? :)

@gemwolf110 I can’t believe it’s June already too! Do you have any fun plans for your birthday? Ugghhh you just reminded me that I told my hubby I would call my doctor for a physical. He seems to think 5 years between visits is an issue. *insert eye-roll* :grin:

@trooworld Glad, you had more fun taking pics! Ohhhh I’ve made that mistake with sugar-free candy before! There are some sugar alcohols that I can tolerate and others are BAD news!! :#

Hello! Today is another fantastic weather day. This has been the best spring we’ve had in the 15 years I lived here. We know the heat is coming so we are enjoying it all we can. I went grocery shopping and had this fun experience where I was looking at some capri jeans and grab a pair that I thought looked like they would fit, and they were a size 10! I compared them to the size 18 that I would have once worn and was so shocked at the difference. My mind is so tricky because on the one hand I see the smaller sizes and know they are what I need, but then I look in the mirror and still see the same obese woman I’ve always seen. Maybe I should tape a pic of the old me on my mirror for a reference to how far I really have come. :grin: I’m excited for this month. I’ve got the data fasting plan and a new Beachbody FB group starting, so I will have lots of motivation to keep me focused. I also don’t have anything happening this month until June 27 when VBS starts.