Accountability buddy

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    @Cocopops8 - Welcome ... and condolences to you and your loved ones.

I’m so sorry to hear about your sudden and devastating loss. It’s difficult to be the ‘rock’ that serves as a refuge to others, but I’m glad you were able to be there for them and, more recently, find solid footing following the initial trauma.

It sounds as though you had a consistent routine that was successful and manageable (until your life turned upside down) so I have no doubt you’ll bounce back more resilient and stronger than ever.

I’m looking forward to learning more from you as we all wander from the straight path when life takes a turn and then come back again when we are ready to move forward again. I think it was Remi who wrote “All who wander are not lost.” You did what you needed to do to support your family ... and it’s good to have you here contributing to the group and (I hope) gaining momentum from us, too!

What are your goals for the coming week? Let us know how we can best support you in reaching them.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited May 2021
    @kiay131982 - Thanks for the nice comments and encouragement! I hit a rough patch and needed to post multiple messages to keep me on track last week. I appreciate everyone’s patience with me. ☺️

Adding weekend workouts sounds like a good plan. I’m definitely more committed to my personal trainer appointments on Saturday than getting to the gym during the week on my own. I wish I could be more disciplined about shutting off the computer at a regular time each afternoon to work out at the gym but I’m always more accountable to others than myself ... which is something I need to work on once I reach my current goals. So many improvements needed with so little time 😬!

Your arial circus classes sound like fun, but I also know the silks are incredibly difficult to master and require a strong core. Good for you! I tried it once when some friends were turning 50 years old and we celebrated together through some new activities. A group of women kayaking, paddle boarding, trying Parkour and circus silks. 😂🤣😂 At one point, I was wrapped high in the silks and I was supposed to slowly unravel back to the ground; instead, I looked like a carpet being unrolled or, for a better circus analogy, someone being shot out of a cannon 😳 😮 😳 as I crashed to the ground.

I didn’t get hurt though and it was a lot of fun!

🎪 ....... 🤡 💥 💥 🤦‍♀️ 💥 💥 🤡 ..... 🎪
  • kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    Morning!!!

Welcome @Cocopops8 ! Sorry to hear about your situation, however sometimes we need to cut ourselves some slack and accept that more urgent things in life need to take priority for a while...and when we are ready we can get back on track! Which sounds like that may be where you are now....getting back on track. Good job!!!

This is me publicly declaring that by the end of the day I will have done some form of exercise.... watch this space for a weekend workout...:) xxx
  • Katie43210
    Katie43210 Posts: 65 Member
    I'm at a bbq today so will probs be eating over my limit of calories I have set 😫 I have no will power lol.

I'm 31 mum of 3 highest weight of 11stone I've always been slim until over the lockdown period when I've gained 3 stone been a little upset this morning trying to find an outfit all my clothes are too small for me I have been in denial that I won't be this size for long so have not got any new clothes 😑 I ordered a new dress and it looked so bad on me so sticking with my only pair of jeans that fit and a floaty vest top 🙄 I really need to start getting into shape again stop eating rubbish and do more exercise!! If anyone fancys a chat or to support each other send me a message 😁💕
  • Cocopops8
    Cocopops8 Posts: 10 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal Firstly, thank you for the quote. It really struck a chord with me and I have written it on the whiteboard in my home office.

@kiay131982 You've hit the nail on the head. I do need to cut myself some slack. I am always way harder on myself than I ever would be to others. Have you managed to fit in your planned exercise yet? What type of exercise do you generally prefer?

@Katie43210 It's soul destroying when you open your wardrobe only to realise nothing fits. When I got down to my maintenance weight last year, the biggest 'high' for me was to be able to wear whatever I liked and know that everything in my wardrobe fit me. I AM going to get back to that happy place again and I know you will too.

If any of you are having an off day and need some moral support, feel free to message me.

I know I have the knowledge/capabilities to get back down to my previous maintenance weight; the thing I am struggling with is the feeling of having failed this last few months. I have set myself some daily targets for June. One things that will soon become very apparent is my liking of routine so I'm hoping that by setting out some goals, I can gain confidence and motivation by ticking them off each day. I have made sure to include some non-weight related ones too as I feel I also need to work on lifting my spirits and healing my heart. Here they are:

1. To read the daily passage from UCB's "Word for Today"
    2. Practice the cold shower technique by Wim Hoff
    3. Do some form of exercise daily, even if it is just a 20 minute stroll round the village
    4. Go back to my proven plan that worked so well for me last year - max 1500 cals and 90g protein
    5. Drink 1.5 litres of water

• ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    I'M 3 POUNDS AWAY FROM ONEDERLAND!!! super excited. Haven't been below 200 in a few years. Officially down 20 pounds! I know on MFP it only says 17...but my officially starting weight was higher so I'm going with the total lost. I hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • kiay131982
    Evening!

@Katie43210 lockdown affected everybody in one way or another... but the good thing is that you can get back into shape...and as things are lifting it'll get easier to do so...you've got this!!

@Cocopops8 I managed to get an extra walk in today, which was less than I wanted to do. Generally I gym, run or HIIT....but just lately I've struggled to fit it in. I Have two gym classes that I go to a week and are hard scheduled into my diary, plus an aerial hoop class...but I'm really struggling to hard schedule the other bits. In full lockdown I was working out 6 days a week...now its 2.

I'm going to take tomorrow to replan, refocus and remotivate!
  • kiay131982
    Right.....5k run done today....not my fastest but its hot and I did it. Also did an hours dog walk (slow paced with the kids though) and an hours gardening.

Food wise....ate some crisps that I probably shouldn't have...but otherwise doing okay today!!!

How is everyone else's Sunday?
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Welcome @Katie43210! - I agree with @kiay131982 that the pandemic experience affected everyone in one way or another. I guess we can each learn from our experience. I feel as though I managed my nutrition better during the shutdown because I cooked at home more and didn’t have as many day-to-day distractions, such as sweets in the office break room, etc. So, I’ll need to hang in to the positive changes I’ve made as we adjust back to in-person work. For you, it sounds as though you’ll need to return to the many good habits you already had in place before the upheaval of the lockdowns, etc. The extra weight will likely come off almost naturally once you can reclaim your previous routine. Best wishes!

@ladychr0nic - That’s fantastic news! Congratulations on your progress. Keep up the good work and you’ll be sure to hit that significant milestone soon. 🎉💗🎉

@kiay131982 - You’ve really gained forward momentum, starting with your extra walk and then building on that success with a 5k run and the win-win walk with your family! That’s great 🤩! ... and I smiled when I saw the gentle accountability nudge from @Cocopops8 😀 ... Hooray, team!

@Cocopops8 - I looked up the author of the quote, because I wasn’t sure it was Remi, and sure enough ... I was wrong 🙄. It’s a quote from J.R.R. Tolkien and here’s a longer version:

All that is gold does not glitter;
    Not all who wander are lost.
    The old that is strong does not wither.
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

-J.R.R. Tolkien
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    My week is on track so far but I went to the Mediterranean Bakery yesterday evening so I’ll need to be careful not to overindulge. We avoided buying too many sweets. I left behind the candied orange peels I love and only bought one raspberry filled ‘treat.’ I’ll remind myself that a little each day, within my calorie goal, is a healthy limit; and, most items will still be available the following day ... and, we know where to find them in the future, if we run out. I think I’m slowly learning that moderation is my friend 😀 so let’s hope the friendly relationship continues this week! I hope everyone has a wonderful week.
  • kiay131982
    Evening!!

Today has gone fairly well, I even managed to turn down ice cream when the rest of my family had one..... I haven't done a dedicated work out though which I'm frustrated about, although I did get put briefly on my bicycle just to test the brakes and that the tyres were road worthy!
  • kiay131982
    Sent that last message....and was frustrated with myself, so I went and got on my bike and did a proper half hour ride with my daughter :)
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @kiay131982 - Good for you! I haven’t exercised yet today. It’s a beautiful day but I’m not feeling the energy. Now, you’ve inspired me!
  • Katie43210
    Katie43210 Posts: 65 Member
    I wanted to do 10k steps managed just over 7 drowning my sorrows with a beer 😑
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited June 2021
    @Katie43210 - Just over 7,000 steps sounds good to me. Your comment about “drowning your sorrows in a beer” made me laugh 😆 ... I like your humor! I hope you don’t let perfect get in the way of good, but I do hope you enjoyed your beer!

How is everyone doing this week?

I’ve been eating my raspberry treats from the bakery but staying within my calorie targets (just barely!) for the week. I have one more day, today, before I start a new week of goals. It’s a little frustrating that the scale is not registering a loss. It’s only one metric, so I’m just trying to be patient.
    I’ve been on course ... though I could always eat cleaner and measure food more carefully. Here’s my progress report:

-10 minute ab workout & 10 minute stretch daily ✅
    -Drink 70 ounces of water daily ✅
    -Stay within calorie target for the week ✅ (but need to complete today and report tomorrow)
    -Cardio 5x per week ✅ (including my row later this afternoon)
    -Sleep 7-8 hours ✅

My sleep has been on the line, just about 7 hours and not without some stirring/ waking so I’ll need to work on this. I might try cutting out time in my phone a couple hours before going to sleep, etc. ... or cut down on stress somehow? We are going to the beach June 12-19 so, even though I’ll have some remote work, I’m looking forward to the change in scenery! The boathouse near my house is opening again in July so I’m excited to reduce the commute from 30+ minutes each way by car - in heavy traffic - to about 10 minutes by bike or car. I hope you all get some happy news to make your journey easier, too. Best wishes for the coming week. Go get those goals, Accountability buddies!
  • hdriding75
    hdriding75 Posts: 151 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm new and looking for new friends to be fitness pals with. Add me if you want a great friend
  • SuziRiese
    SuziRiese Posts: 5 Member
    Need a motivation buddy!
  • hdriding75
    hdriding75 Posts: 151 Member
    SuziRiese wrote: »
    Need a motivation buddy!

You can add me if u want
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Welcome @hdriding75 and @SuzieRiese! It’s always good to have additional members of the group to keep the momentum going!

We’ve been posting smaller weekly goals here to help us achieve our ultimate goal. Everyone is working on an individual goal but we’re sharing our journey together and encouraging one another along the way. Usually, I post new SMART goals - Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-based - each Thursday and the check-in regularly to report my progress ... which helps me stay accountable. Feel free to use this space any way that works for you and/or reach out with a more direct friend request if someone seems to share the same goals, approach, lifestyle, or interests etc. I ebb and flow in response to the friends section but do my best to be supportive.

I hope everyone is doing well! Best wishes, Accountability buddies!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    I’m sticking with the same goals as last week and especially need to focus on getting enough sleep because I didn’t meet my target of 7-8 hours last night. Here are my current stats:

Female, age 54, height 5’4”
    SW: 168
    PW: 135.2 (last week)
    CW: 134.8

Weekly goals:
    -10 minute ab workout & 10 minute stretch daily
    -Drink 70 ounces of water daily
    -Stay within calorie target for the week
    -Cardio 5x per week
    -Sleep 7-8 hours

When I reviewed my nutrition information this week, I noticed my potassium was very low (955 instead of 3,500?). So, I looked up food with high potassium levels and I was surprised to see that I like all the food and feel as though I eat the regularly. When, I looked into the causes of low potassium, I noted that none of them pertained to my experience in the past week. I guess I’ll just continue to monitor it to see what I can learn.

I’m getting better about drinking water but haven’t built a solid habit yet. I also need to incorporate more stretching. I’ve been spending about 10 minutes stretching every day but I haven’t attended yoga or worked consistently through each muscle group so it’s been a bit random.

I still have a lot of improvements to make but I feel as though I’ve made some progress. I hope everyone is doing well.