Evening Hungries....what to do?

2»

Replies

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    I'm never hungry when I wake up but always hungry at night
    So I don't eat until 1 to 2pm and have lunch, dinner at 6pm and supper about 9pm

So long as you keep to your deficit it doesn't matter what time you eat, just try to stop before you fall asleep waking up with a mouthful of food isn't fun 😂
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    We eat dinner early and generally go to bed fairly late, so I get hungry at 10:00 or 11:00 as well. I have found that I can't sleep if I go to bed hungry and will end up getting up an hour or two later to eat and read a while before I can fall asleep. Not good as I get less sleep and still end up eating. So I usually eat a piece of cheese or drink some milk before I go to bed. I'll eat more if I have the calories left over. If you get more exercise during the day, you may find you have more energy, plus you'll have some extra calories you can use.
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Don't eat carbs for dinner, they may imduse appetite at later hours. Instead eat big piece of chicken legs, fatty beef or pork. Peanut or almond butter work eccellent to breake your cravings. This type of appetite is mostly cravings. By design you done with your calories intake for the day, so all you have are the desire to snack on something sweet or salty (if you don't want sipmle food, like cucomber or celery, you are not hungry). When people are really hungry they can eat fryed cryket or raw monkey brain
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    If eaten an appropriate number of calories for the day, just suck it up. I know I won't starve.
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Do little analisis of your feelings before reaching for the extra food at late night. If it feels like you want cheese, potato chips or cookies, it means you are not physically hungry. It is only a cravings which are result of the high release of cortisole in the blood and low glucose level, that gives your brain signal to eat high caloric food. Brain is doing everything in its power to make you deliver glucose for brain feeding. If you really hungry, it will be sufficient for hunger sutisfaction just bunch of celery, or tomato before bed time.