what are we eating for breakfast?

124»

Replies

• Allgaun
    Allgaun Posts: 221 Member
    Lately, Raisin Bran. It's the only cereal I like, I dampen it with 1% milk, about 2 oz. I'm not a fan of soggy cereal.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited May 2021
    5 eggs
    1 cup of oatmeal
    1/2 cup of fresh fruit
    1 Viking waffle

Let me guess... do you compete? :)
  • VegjoyP
    I have plant based collagen protein, then lately it is usually either a green drink- greens, avocado, chia, black sesame, pea protein, Sunflower lecithin or dark leafy greens wrapped in nori and miso or coconut wraps and plant based nut cheese. I like oats and other breakfast foods at night :)
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    I have plant based collagen protein, then lately it is usually either a green drink- greens, avocado, chia, black sesame, pea protein, Sunflower lecithin or dark leafy greens wrapped in nori and miso or coconut wraps and plant based nut cheese. I like oats and other breakfast foods at night :)

Can I ask what plant-based collagen protein you use? Thanks!
  • LisaKinVA
    LisaKinVA Posts: 18 Member
    My breakfast currently consists of 2 eggs, a form of breakfast meat (homemade bacon, beef or turkey sausage), 1 can of green beans (unless I've made a veggie scramble with the eggs and meat), and 1 slice David's Killer 21grain bread w/Kerry gold butter -- unless I'm having breakfast burritos

Soon, I'll be coaching in the mornings and won't have time for a "big" sit down breakfast, so I'll probably be having a Mocha Protein Shake (1 c. cold brew, 1 c. nut/oatmilk, 1.5 scoops chocolate protein powder), and homemade Ezekiel bread muffins (home-ground flour). That will probably have to do until I get back from the pool and have snack of plain greek yogurt with green banana, 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder, and a cup of mixed berries ... having a big lunch a bit later, and a snack for a late dinner. While I normally wake up hungry and ready to eat, having time for a big breakfast when I have to leave the house at 7 -- and still taking time for a morning walk -- is going to be a stretch. But, I'll be back to my normal routine in the fall (early morning walk, big breakfast, good lunch, light dinner). I'll be outdoors for 2.5 hours getting a bit more exercise in and out of the pool -- so I'm definitely going to need something!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    edited June 2021
    Normally, all that I have for "breakfast" is a couple of large cups of black coffee but, on weekends, I will occasionally make myself 3 scrambled eggs w/green onions mixed in, a lb of bacon (about 1/4-1/2 of which I will eat on the spot) and an English muffin w/butter and orange marmalade with sparkling wine. :)
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Sugar free hazelnut coffee
  • VegjoyP
    PKM0515 wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »

Can I ask what plant-based collagen protein you use? Thanks!

Collagen is animal- it is a collagen booster. Our bodies manufacture collagen, the nutrients involved are essentially what helps. I use Sunwarrior Collagen Builder. I love it! I also like Pllant Fusion Collagen builder
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    A cup of tea. No food until 1pm.
  • hbrutz
    hbrutz Posts: 5 Member
    Today I'm having plain goat milk yogurt with fresh strawberries. I love the flavor of goat milk yogurt. It is like eating smooth goat cheese but much less fat and calories. And fresh strawberries in season are just amazing. Yum.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    ag7tp15gqbgk.jpg
  • alien_pickles
    alien_pickles Posts: 6 Member
    A slice of low calorie whole wheat toast topped with avocado and smoked salmon. Delicious and high protein!
  • xcazax
    xcazax Posts: 43 Member
    Porridge with a wee bit of jam
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Coffee, black, strong and hot.

Don't get me wrong, I like 'breakfast' foods, they just shouldn't be served before noon (IMHO).
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited June 2021
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Coffee, black, strong and hot.

Don't get me wrong, I like 'breakfast' foods, they just shouldn't be served before noon (IMHO).

That’s exactly how I feel about smoothies, yogurt and berries, waffles/pancakes with syrup—you know dessert type breakfasts. Great for supper! Sugar in the morning? Not so much for this night owl!

This morning I had a breakfast cup with a corn tortilla pushed into a muffin cup, egg, egg white, ham & potato poured into it and baked. Yesterday morning I had 3 of them!