Shrinking Assets - June 2021 Team Chat

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
jj26xy1ngcvv.png

Here is your Team chat room for June 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @imgwendolyn2015

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28 and @JoDavo66
Weight No More - open
WaistAways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari and @junedave3

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited May 2021
    Thank you for the warm welcome, encouragement, and all your guidance on the process @Beka3695 and @imgwendolyn2015 ... and for the added motivation and support you bring to the Shrinking Assets team @hipari and @junedave3!

I’ve bookmarked the new page for June and I’m looking forward to achieving our individual and team goals together!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    What a gloomy rainy day. I'm tempted to eat too much hot food. Maybe a cup of tea will do.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    What a gloomy rainy day. I'm tempted to eat too much hot food. Maybe a cup of tea will do.

I drink tea too. Ginger and Echinacea are my go to lately!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Wendy. I live in Wisconsin with my husband and two dogs. I've been on the rollercoaster of weight loss for about 20 years. Something clicked in my head when we were sent home to work because of COVID. I decided I would go back to work smaller than when I left. Being at home has made it much easier to get my eating under control and start exercising again. I am physically going back to work 5 days a week starting June 1st so I am a little excited but nervous about losing my good habits. I've just got to plan better now. A new challenge and I am going to rock it!

I have lost 60 pounds from my heaviest weight of 214. I use intermittent fasting, 16:8, and watch my calories during the week. Weekends are much more laid back and I usually don't track at all.

I had knee surgery on May 3rd but am almost fully healed. Exercise will start again soon. I am promising myself that!

I am one of your team captains. Feel free to add me as a friend! Let's kick butt in June!!!
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Hi Everyone my name is Shell. I am from canada and I am looking forward to this group and some motivation!!!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited May 2021
    I’m Patrice, a new member of the group from the United States, living in Alexandria, Virginia, which is just a short drive across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C. I’m a 54 years old, married woman, with two sons who are both now university students (ages 19 & 20) ... and a dog that my husband loves more than any of us 😂. I work full time in the health and education fields, to improve child development and learning (in partnership with families) at the state and local levels.

I joined MFP in December 2019 and got serious about tracking my nutrition and exercise in March 2020. Since then, I’ve lost about 30 pounds, moving from my highest weight at 168 pounds and an overweight BMI, into a healthy BMI range. Now, my goal is to lose about 10-12 pounds while also building some muscle. I hope to stay between 125 and 130 pounds for maintenance, but I’m flexible depending on how the ‘recomposition’ phase goes. I don’t really know what to expect but I’m eager to learn. I’m looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better and appreciate the opportunity to join the ShrinkingAssets group!!
  • junedave3
    junedave3 Posts: 36 Member
    Hi everyone I'm June. I live in the UK with my husband and our two dogs. and so happy to be a motivator for the Shrinking Assets.
    I have been losing and gaining the same pounds for months so I'm hoping that being a motivator will also help me. a sort of practice what you preach.
    One tip I would recommend is take your measurements on the first of the month its surprising to see that although the scales might not be showing the number that you want to see the tape measure will . especially if you are doing daily exercises.
    Hope you all have a great month and looking forward to getting to know you
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    SW: 274
    PW: 253.5
    CW: 252.5
    LTD: 13.5

I'm happy to start another month. The miracle is I stuck with this challenge for the whole month! Yay!! It's going to be another amazing, successful month for us all! Let's go get it!!
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    So is this the place we put our weekly weights on!!!
  • jugar
    0teq1vbvgdco.png
    This week's challenge is up! Give something up for the week and feel amazing.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10834212/june-week-1-challenge-zero-for-a-week#latest

• jugar
    Another new person will be right with you! Please welcome @angelic843 as your latest asset :smiley:
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Hello All!
    My name is Angela, I am 40 years old and I live in Pennsylvania with my husband and 12 year old step-son. I am an elementary music teacher. Summer break has just started so I am hoping this challenge will help me stay focused on my goals during these less structured months.

My goal for June is to keep focused on my daily habits, which are:
    - Get 7+ hours of sleep each day.
    - Drink at least 72oz of water each day.
    - Stay within my caloric limit each day. (MFP on regular days & TDEE maintenance limit on special occasions)
    - 6 minutes of continuous walking (I know six sounds low, but I am building up stamina after a knee injury)
    - 8000 steps before bed daily
    -
    Although I am trying to focus more on tracking my habits than the number on the scale, I hope to lose 5 pounds in June (who doesn’t want to see that number go down…LOL)

This month I need to focus on navigating…
    - An inconsistent schedule - I am a teacher on summer break. I will be working some because I help with a summer program, but I have quite a few days off to navigate.
    - We are taking a trip to the beach (Ocean City, MD) June 10th-13th

Thanks for letting me join last minute! I just saw the post this morning.
  • SisuMom2019
    SisuMom2019 Posts: 155 Member
    edited May 2021
    UserName: SisuMom2019
    Weight in week: May Week 4
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    CW (Current Weight): 214.0
    PW (Previous Weight): 214.4
    This week’s loss: .4
    LTD (Loss to Date): 44.3
  • francesca_grey
    francesca_grey Posts: 96 Member
    Username: francesca_grey
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): NA
    CW (Current Weight): 152.4

My main motivations are:
    — Shed the extra fat I gained during the panini
    — Build muscle to help manage my chronic illness
    — Stick to my IF 18:6 plan to curb binge eating and regulate hormones

I was in the best physical and mental shape of my life a little over a year ago and I want to get back there ASAP. I am going to follow the EPIC plan by Caroline Girvan which is dumbbell circuit training and HIIT 5 days a week with an active rest day. I might gain a little water weight to start and I tend to put on muscle relatively fast, so we’ll see how the scale responds.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,928 Member
    You have another member heading your way ... Please welcome @Nature003Life :)
  • Nature003Life
    Nature003Life Posts: 37 Member
    Hi everyone. I am Joy. A mother of three teenagers and married to my high school sweetheart. I will be 36 in August.
    After having children, my highest weight was 300. The lowest was 215 and that was in 2014.
    It has been a struggle for me weight-wise since 2014. Was doing well until my uncle passed away. Life happened from there.
    Last year my mental health started to go downhill. My husband helped me a great deal. One thing I would do is journal but was not staying consistent. Told him about my concerns in late October and he told me to start journaling. It may be repetitive but do it anyway. Every night when we got home from work, as we are winding down, he would ask me what I journaled that day. Boy did I think of myself very negatively!!! It was ugly!!!! We started working on reversing those negative thoughts together.
    Fast forward to March, do not remember what happened but something inside of me snapped. I joined the gym for the umpteenth time. Going to the gym is my me time. Finally had a 2-year leg injury looked at. Going to PT for it. No more pain. I have not been this happy and pain-free in a long time.
    So, what makes this time different than all the other times? I know my triggers, what to look for and how to handle them. I am committed to making and having my me time. I have been neglecting myself. It is time to start taking better care of myself.
    I enjoy nature, baking, reading, the beach, hiking, strength training, penguins are cute, hockey, and laughing. Love spending time with my family.
    My current weight is 282 lbs. I would like to lose 5 lbs. in June. My end goal is 150 lbs.
    Goals for June: Go to the gym 3-4 times a week. Drink 100 oz or more of water. Walk during lunch if weather permits.
    Sorry for the long intro. Have a good day/night. :smiley:
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Username: Socajam - 05/29/2021
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 185.8
    CW 185.8
  • junedave3
    junedave3 Posts: 36 Member
    Username: junedave3
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 153
    CW 150

I tried something different this week 8/16. seems to have worked.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    Welcome to the team @dew11252
This discussion has been closed.