Is this a plateau

My starting weight was 200lbs, my current weight is 183lbs(as of this morning). I keep losing and gaining the same 1lb for the past two weeks. I’ve only been dieting for 2 months, isn’t it to early to hit a wall?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    jgvus21xw680.jpg

• lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    The very same thing happened to me. Trust the process, it will drop again. Every couple of weeks I get “stuck” and then it drops again.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    Weight loss is not linear, you won't lose weight every week. Just have some more patience 🙂 it's too early to say you're stuck at a plateau.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    A plateau in weight loss is defined as no weight movement after 6 weeks of being CONSISTENT. Meaning that you've done the same exact routine with diet and exercise those 6 weeks. If you changed ANYTHING, it's NOT a plateau. It would be a STALL. Stalls happen all the time in weight loss. And as mentioned since it's NOT LINEAR, you can do the same routine 2 weeks in a row and gain one week and lose the next. But it the overall trend is downward in weight, you're doing it right.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • xrj22
    xrj22 Posts: 197 Member
    So, that means you lost 17 pounds in 6 weeks, and have now been stuck for 2? That was very fast initial weight loss, and your body may need to make some adjustments, fluid shifts, etc. If you keep doing what you did for the first 6 weeks, you will almost definitely start loosing again. Actually, you probably *shouldn't* keep doing what you did for the first 6 weeks. Almost 3 lbs per week is too fast and not sustainable for most people. But if you are worried about this mini-plateau, this might be a really scary time to eat more.