WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,128 Member
    Had a lovely morning despite waking up at 4 am. Sunshine. Then a run along the seafront with DH walking beside me. :D<3 Lots of people in the sea and a very long canoe. :* Gorgeous out. We saw this Porsche parked beside all the dormobiles.

w7rejafzzsqr.jpg

The ugly building in the background is the swimming pool. Long due an upgrade!!
    Came back for a strong coffee and then managed some rowing to make up my 600 morning burn.

I'm trying to think in German in preparation for my first italki trial session this afternoon. Bit nervous and I've rehearsed a few sentences to explain why I have an interest in learning German.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,961 Member
    (((Rori))) so sad. You are so strong.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather: I agree that the building in the background is ugly. If you had not said it is the swimming pool I never would have guessed. The Porche is definitely the beauty in the photo. :flowerforyou:

Katla
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    (((Rori)))

Carol in GA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    ed5h5hoz3lrg.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    Katla - The King Alfred Leisure Centre has been under plans for redevelopment for decades. It all keeps falling through. One problem is finding alternative premises while the work is done. The other is money and the wily ways developers try to get round requirements. :# They promise a lot, realise it won't work, and then pull out. However, there is no doubt that it is a blot on the landscape.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • christinecameron47
    christinecameron47 Posts: 14 Member
    Hi, I am 53..does anyone else find it harder to lose weight now in our 50's..?? I have managed to lose,but it is harder and my body takes longer to recover from exercise..I guess it just comes with age..lol.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Thurs: BP, chiro, Fri: T’ai chi!!!, Post Office, Freddie’s
    Bonus: Thurs misty stroll with Shadow and T, gift of listening to R, Fri one load laundry, gift of listening to P,
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, bottledrop, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, board meeting minutes, follow up with Dr re: Joe’s annual charges not covered 100%, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Meaningful May:
    28: Focus on how your actions make a difference for others: or to them. Chose tact instead of blunt complaint in loan estimate email exchanges.
    29: Do something special and revisit it in your memory tonight: .

Heather, oops! Thanks for the Nordic correction. The first phrase I’d learn in any language is “Please take me to the restroom.” ;)
    Debbie can’t take credit for the God’s box idea, just something I heard a long time ago and it stuck. Hope you can take some baby steps toward finding your voice, taking on too much at once would choke me up.
    Ginger brava on the streak, boo hiss to the Dr dropping your insurance company and with no notice. If there is a VFW or similar organization in your town, they may have an ombudsman who can help with getting your father’s VA benefits.
    Machka what you said about being the main earner, true this. Joe gives me receipts for things he charges to our household accounts but has his own money he spends as he sees fit.
    Lisa ((hugs)) and prayers this is the infection’s last gasp. Glad you were blessed with Harold in your life.
    Ginny please find someone else to load/unload those boxes and ask your Dr, not Dr. Google. S/he may recommend rest, rest, rest to give your body every possible chance to heal.
    Annie con Grats on taking off another 1.8!
    Katla so disappointing about yoga.
    Allie I loved “It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood”
    Michele brownie crusts are my favorites, I would not have been able to throw them away. Well done!
    Pip those birds nests looked like open mouthed baby birds to me but there were sooo many of them ;0

Prayers, please for our nephew, fighting rare cancer. TMI
    The 8 hr surgery removed the right side mass today with no damage to aorta and without removing the lung thanks be. We’re all praying the left side mass recedes on its own as it is in a trickier location with many blood vessels. Our nephew is in his mid 30s with a wife and two teenaged boys, diabetic, and had to stop the last 3 of 6 chemo treatments due low white blood cell counts.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    May: leaner/stronger/kinder than April.
    daily: sit with Joe:27 , weigh/wii: 29/1/14; steps>6362=Thur:7838 Fri:4649 vits=25.5, log=28, CI<CO=23, CI<250<CO=19, Tumble=16, Shadow=19, mfp=21, outside=25, up hill=22, clean 10=13.5
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3=2 rX x4=5 dance=3, packwalk x2=6,
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/2:139.1!, 5/9:141.8, 5/16:140.7, 5/23:141.8, 5/30: 5/31:.
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.5
    bonus: AF=19 play=1 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

Those were a bunch of bird houses, they must have babies in there that they are feeding
  • pipcd34
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Good morning all!
    Pip's birds- are probably swallows! My best guess is a Cliff Swallow. Their nests usually are gourd shaped and on the side of cliffs, building ledges, or tall posts (like these overpass supports). Very Cool! Pip, I think Barbara Williams is Auntiebk (Barbara from Oregon).
    Rori- Yes to all of the words of comfort that are coming from all of the other ladies, here. You are in my thoughts, I am sending you prayers, vibes, strength, thoughts of peace and comfort to you all. Take what you need. So glad to hear that your DH is getting the care he needs. Also glad you are taking some time to just sit and let your brain and heart "zone out" for a while. I think sometimes, we think of what we are doing (having a drink and zoning in front of the tv) as numbing ourselves; but when you think of the toll that our hearts and minds undergo, while caring for loved ones so many hours a day, every day, for so long...I think our brains and minds need that time to rest. We have to let the movie/book, beverage and treat carry our soul out of us for a little while. For many times even sleep doesn't let our brain/heart get rest. Sometimes our brains are still sorting our days/lives while we sleep. That is escape is good for you. Sending you all of the love ((( <3 )))

Friday was a rainy day, so I didn't do anything Friday except relax and do a bit of laundry. Yesterday, I got the lawn mowed and some hanging plants bought and hung. Today, I will be trimming all of the trees and bushes in the yard. Might do a bit of weeding. Will probably have a fire in the fire pit, to burn all of the brush, tonight. So far, today, there is no wind; so a fire might be do-able. It is funny how I have a list of things I wanted to get done this long weekend; and a few years ago, I may have been able to do it all, but this year I have come to realize that my brain and heart are in denial that my body is old. lol

Well, it is 8am, I want to get outside and get the yard work done before it gets too warm. love and hugs to all who need them! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

She messaged me, that’s who it was
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    Hi, I am 53..does anyone else find it harder to lose weight now in our 50's..?? I have managed to lose,but it is harder and my body takes longer to recover from exercise..I guess it just comes with age..lol.

:) Welcome. Yes, it is harder to lose weight at our ages. That's why this thread started over ten years ago. We share tips and support with each other. I hope you will make this thread part of your daily health plan. The up side of being over 50 for me is that my life experience has helped me develop the attitudes and habits that I need to lose weight and improve my fitness level.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    Rori <3:'(
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,639 Member
    Morning again ladies
    So i slept a bit more and will hop in the shower, taking Alfie to visit with Tom and Elena while I am at baby shower will bring one of his toys with me...
    This weekend in Connecticut is a washout rain rain and more rain..its only going to be like 52 today and rain which isnt great.. will have to pull out my woolies for the shower lol
  • Katla49
    Heather: I am sorry the situation for the King Alfred Centre is not good. Maybe someday--

Christinecam: Welcome!

We are having a sunny Sunday morning. DH is still sleeping and I may try to find something on TV to watch for a bit.

Katla
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited May 2021
    ✳️✳️ ACCOUNTABILITY ✳️✳️

✔️Day 5: Saturday, May 29th, NO BINGE

I “fasted” all day Saturday. But, NO SLEEP. I feel a nap in my near future.

—Ginger-in-Texas
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,639 Member
    Got a text from my friend Jim ,he is getting super excited ,he is getting money into his checking account this week from his 401k to purchase the condo.. then will call his attorney to set up for the closing and do a walk through before the closing.. he is getting so excited.. will be going to his DIL baby shower today and will ask his daughter what i could get him for a housewarming present.
  • Katla49
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    Phew!!!!!!
    I very much enjoyed the Zoom, but it was very, very hard work. :p
    We had trouble connecting, but got there eventually and then, after the first few minutes, which I had prepared, my brain turned to mush. :o Oooof! Staggered through. It's a trial lesson, so very cheap. I have booked another one with a different teacher next Saturday, as I am allowed 3 trials.
    Recovering from the effort now with a glass of red wine. >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Qqqqqq