Trimstones - June 2021 Team Chat

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
jj26xy1ngcvv.png

Here is your Team chat room for June 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @imgwendolyn2015

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28 and @JoDavo66
Weight No More - open
WaistAways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari and @junedave3

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• Platinum1013
    Platinum1013 Posts: 10 Member
    Platinum1013
    Saturday
    PW 256
    CW 253
  • Platinum1013
    Platinum1013 Posts: 10 Member
    I think i followed my calorie goal well, but i think i need to lower it. I dont add my exercise to the goal. I mean it shows it anyway but i dont personally adjust my calorie goal.
    My weakness is always sweets..mostly candy. Working at a gas station does not help at all lol.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,903 Member
    Hi TS... You have 1 more new member heading your way ... Please welcome @Waifer003 :)
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    JoDavo66
    Sunday
    PW: 217
    CW: 219.8

Not great, new it I am a total stress eater! :(
    Decided to add improve the resolution of recording so added in the 0.1s!!
    Off out on day trip to sea side. Will catch up later
  • JoDavo66
    cpi0dvu2sgcm.gif
    @CharmingPassion
    WHOO-HOOO
  • JoDavo66
    uf3oop30a2r1.jpg
    This is me!
  • JoDavo66
    New month, new us.
    qog7pf8b2eem.jpg
    I don't know about you, but this is how I often feel.
    Lets do this
  • joshuabennett1893
    joshuabennett1893 Posts: 38 Member
    Joshuabennett1893
    Tuesday
    Pw:325
    Cw:325
    My weekly check in will be on Tuesdays but I threw this up for my starting weight.
    Looking forward to losing with the group
  • joshuabennett1893
    @jessicakrall8
    I am still having trouble figuring out how to join the step challenge
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,070 Member
    @jessicakrall8

Just reply back to this message, and tell me your daily step goal you hope to achieve. I'll put you in the chart. The step chart is found just beneath the weigh in spreadsheet and the link to that is on the main Fat2Fit page (look for June spreadsheet in red/bold in the list of links). Once you find the weight chart, just scroll down and you'll see the step challenge. I record all of the steps so every few days just post your steps as you see many people doing and that's it!

So, just let me know your daily step goal @joshuabennett1893 and that's it!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    73rgij4i6xwy.jpg

Welcome to Trimstones to our newbies!!

@ALJ2016
    @joryrheanne
    @CasandraW
    @Dnarules
    @dwoltering5
    @Platinum1013
    @joshuabennett1893
    @roarkesdrift
    @Waifer003

Today starts our stats for the month of June and we're all looking forward to great numbers this month! More importantly than those numbers though, are all of the little changes you'll be making this month...moving more...snacking less...healthier foods...meal planning...journaling...tracking...drinking more water...finding new routines...giving up bad habits...being accountable...finding ways to walk more...new exercise routines...finding a weight loss buddy...setting goals...there are a million of them. Don't try to do them all at once...just make new small changes when you're ready. Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Let your team know what we can do to help...participate in our discussions, post questions, share recipes and most of all, SHARE YOUR STRUGGLES...I guarantee something you say will help someone else and you'll become an important part of someone else's support system. That's what our team is about! @mulecanter and I am here to help in any way we can.

Looking forward to a great month with you as last week I was finally able to get moving again since my knee injury from last December. It felt great, even though it had nothing to do with the scale. Those non-scale victories feel amazing. You'll see many of those this month. YOU GOT THIS!!!

Good luck in June...let's make it a phenomenal month!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    sxjg1h70xodd.jpg

Sign up for this month's step challenge. Reply back to this posting, give me your first name, your daily step goal and let us all know your favorite place to walk/run. I will enter your stats in the chart as you report them in throughout the month and at the end of the month, we'll announce weekly winners as well as the overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. Great way to motivate each other!

The step challenge stats and on the same spreadsheet as the weight chart. Just go into the weight spreadsheet and scroll down and you'll find it. Try to report in every few days as it keeps me caught up on the stats. That's it...hit the pavement!! Increased activity adds to your weight loss momentum!

Good luck in June!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Thought I'd answer my own questions ...
    vpogygol0qds.png

Just a few questions...my goal is to promote more discussion in our chatroom, as some of us only post on weigh days...please join in and help support each other...
    • What did you do really well last week? Increased my daily steps!
    • What mini goal(s) do you hope to conquer this coming week? Better meal planning
    • What one food do you hope to incorporate more into your diet? More veggies
    • What was your one big weakness last week? Potato chips
    • What one act of kindness did you perform last week? Surprised my neighbors kids with a gift
    • What one trigger food will you avoid this week? Fast food
    • What topic would you like to read more about in our chatroom? Everyone's stories...
    • And finally, what can your captains/motivators do to make your life easier in June?

Can't wait to see your thoughts...June starts Sunday, May 30th!
    Jessica

o:)
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    5/29: 7,126
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    0teq1vbvgdco.png
    This week's challenge is up! Give something up for the week and feel amazing.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10834212/june-week-1-challenge-zero-for-a-week#latest

• joshuabennett1893
    @jessicakrall8

Just reply back to this message, and tell me your daily step goal you hope to achieve. I'll put you in the chart. The step chart is found just beneath the weigh in spreadsheet and the link to that is on the main Fat2Fit page (look for June spreadsheet in red/bold in the list of links). Once you find the weight chart, just scroll down and you'll see the step challenge. I record all of the steps so every few days just post your steps as you see many people doing and that's it!

So, just let me know your daily step goal @joshuabennett1893 and that's it!
    Jessica

Awsome thanks so much, my step goal is 10000 a day
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Steps (Daily Goal - 6000)
    5/29 - 4137
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Hi Everyone,
    Happy and excited to be part of this group.
    My daily step goal is 10,000
  • jessicakrall8
    DreaRN15 wrote: »
    Steps (Daily Goal - 6000)
    5/29 - 4137

@DreaRN15 Got you down for June with 6K...nice goal! I discovered a new podcast this week from a friend's recommendation and they talk about walking in place while watching tv, reading, etc...so I've been doing that a lot this week...makes a HUGE difference and it keeps the heart pumping, blood flowing...try it!
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.