To Date Your Biggest Non-Scale Victory

Replies

• My biggest NSV to date is building the habit of tracking my daily nutrition and exercise here in MFP. I feel as though I’ve shifted out of the short term mindset of dieting to a lifelong approach to eating right and exercising regularly. It’s interesting that, for me, the ‘biggest’ NSV is actually a more subtle and gradual habit building. I haven’t changed as much physically as others have posted on this thread; but, I moved from an overweight BMI to the ‘normal’ range (i.e., 168 to 135). So, while it may not be as powerful an impact or result from a MFP overall perspective, it’s made a huge difference in terms of my personal well-being and ability to maintain a lifetime of health.

I think that is a great way to look at it!
  • I'm 49, and currently I wear a smaller band on my bra than I did when I was 16 and am now wearing the same size clothing I was in high school. 55 pound loss and I'm not done yet, I've got about 70 more pounds to go.

Great job way to go!
  • Down from size 24/26 to 6/8!

wow!!
  • susanlee53 wrote: »
    I bought some size 14 slacks yesterday. Last time I wore 14s was 1977. May goal was to shop for clothing with joy, almost there. Still in a ? zone, but definitely NOT negative.

Great job I want out of the XXXL shirts cant wait but have to stick to this and remember not to eat just to eat!!!!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    For sure that would be my blood sugar, which was the reason I started losing weight in the first place. I went from borderline diabetic (officially diabetic by some measures) to middle of normal.

Congratulations on your achievement, that's no small feat!
  • xenaforever
    xenaforever Posts: 75 Member
    Gyms finally re-opened again today here and I was excited to book a 4pm time. Nice to be back. My non-scale victory was that I stuck to a consistant home workout program the last 2 months and had the energy to keep up wth my old gym routines:)
  • xenaforever
    xenaforever Posts: 75 Member
    my victory today is waking with my 1st alarm (extremely rare for me!) and heading straight to the gym instead of covering my head and going back to sleep.
  • mitch239 wrote: »
    One of the biggest to date is having to add an extra hole to and then subsequently buying a new belt.

To funny was just thinking about going and getting a new belt for the same reason!!!!! :D
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,691 Member
    mitch239 wrote: »
    One of the biggest to date is having to add an extra hole to and then subsequently buying a new belt.

I did exactly this. Also huge in my memory was being able to climb a single flight of stairs without gasping for breath.
  • Indialove901
    Indialove901 Posts: 71 Member
    I’m able to do a lunge. At first I hated lunges and burpees equally, but now I just hate burpees! 😂