WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Rori. - You helped your dear Bruce maintain his dignity and quality of life all the way to his final liftoff. Time for you to rest well, my friend, while he soars. You are such an inspiration. <3

Karen in Virginia
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    RORI You have gone above and beyond in caring for Bruce. He is at peace now. 💔💔

Kate UK
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    RORI

What everyone has said! My heart hurts for you but know that he is in a better place! :'(

Carol in GA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,435 Member
    Rori, my deepest condolences.
    Rebecca🙏🇺🇸
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,027 Member
    Rori So sorry for your loss. You did everything you could. May he rest in peace, and may you too find peace.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Rory- I’m so sorry for your loss, my heart is with you...

I’m surprised that some of you actually read my daily stats, so I guess I’ll continue to post them.

The Walk w/family- 2hrs 25min 57sec, 172elev, 87ahr, 110mhr, 3.27ap, 8.12mi= 760c
    Strava app = 984c
    Zwift bike trainer- 35.18min, 130ahr, 158mhr, 138elev, 12.1mi= 348c

Total cal 1106
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    Sweet Rori. I am sorry for your loss. I hope the memories of the good times together will give you comfort.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,027 Member
    Yay Ginger! Way to go!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    Rori - thinking of you; the words have been said by the other gals, I am sending peace and acceptance your way.

Kim
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    PIP
    I read your exercise reports. Does "walking with family" mean walking with Yogi and Kirby?

Carol in GA
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Good Monday everyone!
    • Memorial Day. Remembering and honoring our fallen veterans on our Memorial Day.
    • Weather Today’s weather in my corner of Texas - a little cloudy with temps in the mid-80s.
    • Today’s Plan:
    1. Daily Routines
    2. Monday - Dust & Vacuum (didn’t finish on Friday)
    3. Declutter my Craft Supply Closet. It’s become my “Monica” closet. (Friends reference) I periodically make a run at it and quit. It’s stifling my creativity!)
    4. Duolingo Spanish - Today is 111 day streak for me. I’ve missed 5 days - but had “freezes” to protect my streak.
    5. Stay Keto - keep my No Binge streak going. Today is Day 7. Dropped 4.2 lbs. The inflammation fluid is coming off my body.

• Rori, Beth, and Lisa Sending my prayers, hugs and uplifting thoughts. ❤️
    • Tracey Beautiful table! I love it. Those drop leaves are wonderful.
    • Pip & others posting stats. Keep those coming! It’s inspirational.

I’ll try to catch up more and check back later. Enjoy your day!
    —Ginger-in-Texas

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    edited May 2021
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    PIP
    I read your exercise reports. Does "walking with family" mean walking with Yogi and Kirby?

Carol in GA

Yup, they b the family 😀

Also add to exercise:

Other- sweep, wash, clean off patio furniture- 26.02 min, = 120c

Total cal 1228
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    <3:'(Rori
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    :) Here is the new thread for June. I look forward to spending June with all of you

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10834367/women-ages-50-for-june-2021/p1?new=1
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,326 Member
    Tracey-so glad you got the table. The cleanup is worth the effort.

Pip-you said this is your first project of that sort-good job! But be careful, once you start the projects can just keep coming (the first one sucks us in!). And yes-I read your stats and convince myself to keep up with my walks and exercise.

Lisa-I think we are all entitled to a bit of a wallow at times, but I also agree with you that we have to pull ourselves out and work through things the best we can. I remember when my hips were on their way out and the pain was intense, if I just sat there thinking about it the pain seemed worse. Puttering around getting small things done helped distract me.

Rori-my heart goes out to you. It is hard letting them go but I found relief that my husband finally had peace.

Wasn't sure if I should post here or in June since Barbie already has link-but I will finish month here.

Had quite day. Got in nice walk. Got some small jobs I have been avoiding done. Started work on organizing some old pictures. Did not do any hard work around house but was productive.

Now to get ready to go to work after my 5 day weekend. May also spend a bit of time looking at possible retirement place. My mind keeps moving there. I believe no later than end of first quarter next year, but maybe sooner if I can get basement situated!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    So sorry Rori!

Okie