WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
lptj7gch7pax.jpg

:) Here we are at the start of a new month, ready to make a fresh start on getting healthier and more fit.

:) Taking this journey in the company of supportive friends has helped me. I hope you will join this friendly community.

:) Be sure to bookmark this page so you can find it again.

:) Please sign your post with a name or nickname and a location, specific or general, so we can get to know each other better.

<3 Barbie from NW WA

My word for 2021 is "lighten up" which refers to weight as well as my outlook and attitude toward life.

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,683 Member
    Thank you again Barbie ,as usual our fearless leader...I would appreciate if anyone has Rori's mailing address you can DM me i would like to send a condolence card..
    Reminds me of our Gloria ... :'(
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Thanks Barbie !

Okie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,075 Member
    ❤️💐💐❤️
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,366 Member
    <3 Thank you, Barbie!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Thank you Barbie for the new month!

My goal is to walk twenty minutes by the end of June. Hopefully without pain!

I hope to lose some weight too. Starting weight for the month is 169.2.

Annie in Delaware
  • almontyrat
    almontyrat Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2021
    I hope June is a more successful month for me. I have been about 400-600 calories in defeceit every day for three weeks and have only shifted one kilogram. Off to the doctor today for a med check. I will see if she has any magic bullets but I think not. I just want to fit into my ski pants in 7weeks... :(

Al in Tassie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Worked today so no formal exercise. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump DVD.

I also need to remember to renew my silver and fit membership. For me, this is definitely worth it

Lisa – hope you feel better fast.

Tracey – what a breathtaking table

pip – that milk can is great. I think a stencil would look really nice, maybe a stencil of a bike. I like that dent in it, makes it looks so “official”

Beth – (((HUG)))

Al – welcome. I know M will give you a really warm welcome

Went to Belk yesterday, mainly because I got $20 off any purchase. So I got a new bath mat for our bathroom – free. That’s a price I can live with. Surprisingly, they don’t sell a meatballer. I WILL NOT pay full price for one, maybe I’ll look at the Salvation Army. I just want to leave it down at the condo and I probably will never use it which is why I won’t pay full price. I’d just like to have it down there.

Rori – words cannot begin to express how I feel. How very appropriate that he passed today of all days

Cut the grass today so between the grass and work, I already have over 12,000 steps in

After I finished doing the cleaning, I asked Amanda what she’d like for me to do. She said “you finished that in 2-1/2 hrs” so I told her that it goes a lot faster now that I have my routine down. Then this other lady who I’m thinking is a manager said “you can finish that in 2-1/2 hrs as long as you keep up with it. I saw her working (because evidently there are people who will just stand around and do nothing)” Then she asked me if I wanted to go home. Really...they’ve cut my hours, they’ve cut my days, and now they want to cut my hours even more? I think not. So I did something called “blocking”. I thought it would be more involved but basically, it’s bringing 2 items to the front of the shelve. I just said to them “I don’t like to be standing around doing nothing”.

Yea Ginger!!!

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Barbie: Thank you for the new thread . you are a wonderful leader. <3

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    edited June 2021
    June is shaping up to be a busy month

• Pilates - about once a week.
    • Audax meetings - that's the long distance cycling club I'm a part of.
    • Designing another 50 km route for Audax. This one needs to be in southern Tasmania which is challenging.
    • Cycle a 50 km route. Plus shorter rides.
    • Run at least one 5 km distance.
    • Plant bulbs. I've got to get these things in or it will be spring with no flowers!
    • All-day work meeting tomorrow. :neutral:
    • A week off next week - some rest time, I hope! And cycling. I booked this week off to ward off the darkness. :)
    • Back to school! I'm taking a 5 week course called 'Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)' . It's all online and work-at-our-own-pace with no formal assignments, exams, etc.
    • Bees! My husband and I are booked for a course to build a Warre Hive at the end of June.
    • Plus, of course, my 2021 To Do List: getting organise, simplifying, etc. I've got 4 projects on the go right now and I "switch-task" between them.

That's all in addition to work and caring for my husband. :)

EDIT: Also ... the stair climbing challenge at work is to reach the height of Mount Ossa, the tallest mountain in Tasmania (1617 metres = 450 floors * 20 stairs/floor).

It is about noon on June 1 and I've done 20 floors so far. I've got a way to go. :)

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked today so no formal exercise. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump DVD.

I also need to remember to renew my silver and fit membership. For me, this is definitely worth it

Lisa – hope you feel better fast.

Tracey – what a breathtaking table

pip – that milk can is great. I think a stencil would look really nice, maybe a stencil of a bike. I like that dent in it, makes it looks so “official”

Beth – (((HUG)))

Al – welcome. I know M will give you a really warm welcome

Went to Belk yesterday, mainly because I got $20 off any purchase. So I got a new bath mat for our bathroom – free. That’s a price I can live with. Surprisingly, they don’t sell a meatballer. I WILL NOT pay full price for one, maybe I’ll look at the Salvation Army. I just want to leave it down at the condo and I probably will never use it which is why I won’t pay full price. I’d just like to have it down there.

Rori – words cannot begin to express how I feel. How very appropriate that he passed today of all days

Cut the grass today so between the grass and work, I already have over 12,000 steps in

After I finished doing the cleaning, I asked Amanda what she’d like for me to do. She said “you finished that in 2-1/2 hrs” so I told her that it goes a lot faster now that I have my routine down. Then this other lady who I’m thinking is a manager said “you can finish that in 2-1/2 hrs as long as you keep up with it. I saw her working (because evidently there are people who will just stand around and do nothing)” Then she asked me if I wanted to go home. Really...they’ve cut my hours, they’ve cut my days, and now they want to cut my hours even more? I think not. So I did something called “blocking”. I thought it would be more involved but basically, it’s bringing 2 items to the front of the shelve. I just said to them “I don’t like to be standing around doing nothing”.

Yea Ginger!!!

Michele NC

Yeah, gonna do something
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, chopped another tarp load of brush
    Bonus: stroll with T
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, board meeting minutes, Tues: call Sutter Health with Joe’s secondary info, follow up with Dr re: Joe’s annual charges not covered 100%, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Meaningful May:
    31: Find three reasons to be hopeful about the future: kindness and prayers of friends and acquaintances, good neighbors, the resilience of nature,

Rori (((hugs held extra extra extra long))) :cry: :heartbreak: Thank you for truly modeling “…in sickness and in health…” . You set the bar high.
    Welcome @almontyrat Al in Tassie! If your MD has any magic bullets, please share… ;)

Can’t help but be disappointed in the scale this morning, up 1.7 lbs from yesterday for no good reason, back to Feb 28 wt. Oh well, better than the 145.3 at the end of March. Will do the monthly summary and June plan tomorrow.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    May: leaner/stronger/kinder than April.
    daily: sit with Joe: 29, weigh/wii: 31/1/14; steps>6362=8591 vits=28.5, log=31, CI<CO=25, CI<250<CO=20, Tumble=17, Shadow=22, mfp=26, outside=33, up hill=28, clean 10=13.5
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3=2 rX x4=6 dance=3, packwalk x2=6,
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/2:139.1!, 5/9:141.8, 5/16:140.7, 5/23:141.8, 5/30:140.7 5/31:.142.4 
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.5
    bonus: AF=22 play=1 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Rori, my sincerest condolences on the loss of your sweet Bruce.
    Barbie, thank you for another month!
    Pip, you should keep posting your stats. Those who don't want to read them don't have to....
    Thinking of all of you who have lost loved ones lately, be they furry or human.
    I'm trying to re-commit to losing weight, have not snacked after dinner for two days now, it's a start! Tomorrow is official WI day, so we will see.... I was down a bit this morning, which made me happy but I've been doing quite the yo-yo lately. I'm pretty sure bad food choices have had a lot to do with that!
    Went for a bike ride for my exercise today, just under 16 km (10 miles) and in just over an hour, so feeling pretty good about that. Walking with my friend yesterday, will go for a walk tomorrow too, just by myself. We have a very nice commuter/recreation trail near our home that literally goes for miles (about 50, if memory serves!), I don't do nearly that, but will do about 6 km or so.
    Nearly done a granny square blanket that I've been making. It's worked up really quickly, which did surprise me. Now I've started another one, not granny squares, just a really cute pattern. It's not going to work up nearly as fast, but that's okay too. I need something to keep me out of the kitchen in the evening! lol
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, on beautiful, sunny Vancouver Island
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,193 Member
    edited June 2021
    Hi all! Thanks Barbie! My word is FRUITFUL. :p

Glad the Bank Holiday is over. We always hide away because the hordes descend on the resort. Our end at Hove isn't so bad, but it can get a bit too busy for my liking. Our walk/run together early on Sunday was lovely, the best time of day. The weather has been unusually glorious!
    The Amnesty bookshop man is coming this morning. I found another shelf of much beloved books to get rid of. They are all paperback novels in translation. I kept them for the memories and because they are definitely worthy of a reread, but the print is so small that it is never going to happen.
    DH's study is beginning to look a lot more ordered with a lot of the books gone. I think he is pleased, but he actually rarely sits in there. He works at the dining room table with the view of the garden, and he sits in the living room, watching sport on the laptop with the sound turned off. :p He sometimes listens to music in the study, (thousands of CDs, vinyl ), or watches an important football or rugby match on the TV, so he can have the TV and the laptop and the phone on at the same time to check the scores for the different sports. He does have his guitar in there, which he occasionally plays, and an electronic keyboard, which he bought himself, but never persisted with. The kids love it when they come over, though. Max is taking grade 2 piano!

This afternoon I am possibly having a language exchange chat with a guy in Mexico. He hasn't confirmed the time, but I will log on and see if he is there. It will be 8 a m in Mexico. If not, no worries. I will already have my face on for the Singing Zoom, so it's no bother.

Thinking of Rori. <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,193 Member
    edited June 2021
    Ooops, suddenly realised it will be 10 a m in Mexico. :o I've messaged him. :# If he doesn't show up it will be because he thinks I'm doolally.

DH just said that he thinks he might be able to move one of the bookshelves into the garage!

Tempted by the glorious weather to go for a run. :*

HUGS to Kris in AZ. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3