When your clothes actually DO shrink

Options
For those of you who go by how clothes fit when losing/maintaining weight: sometimes clothes DO shrink, and gaining muscle can change how clothes fit!

This is my fault for buying clothes from Old Navy, but man, a lot of their stuff shrinks! And I don't just mean the width, but the length as well. I just bought shorts from there a few days ago and online, and legit had to exchange a size 6 for a size 4 since the 6's were too big. Also bought a pair of size 6 jeans high-waisted straight leg that fit pretty well . Put on my size 8 pixie pants today thinking they'd be loose but still workable since they're a skinny pant. Nope...they fit pretty well. Granted, part of it is that skinny pants tend to "stick" to my thighs, hips and calves, but I could still tell they shrunk because they were shorter as well.

Moral of the story: If you're going to go by how a pair of pants fits to measure progress, make sure it's a good pair that don't actually shrink! I'm actually in the maintenance phase but I would be discouraged if I didn't know any better.

Replies

• KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    A steam iron will sometimes help if clothes have shrunk a little in the wash
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    ^^ this part. As does air drying.
  • roseym10
    roseym10 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I find that Old Navy clothes run big